Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
never mind the investors.
what about the main woman?

doc yugn babae according sa website nya eh ito

However, unlike most of successful businessmen in and outside the country, Tan never really completed college. After finishing high school in Poveda, Tan was admitted to Fordham University—the alma mater of United States President Donald Trump—but crazy as it may sound, she decided to forego her studies believing she should put her business acumen to good use.

“I really wanted to study in New York. That was my dream since I was 13. I was on my third year of high school when I got accepted for a finance course, luckily. It was a shock to my parents because they didn’t know I took the test. And then everything was set but when the time came, I didn’t fly out there, so you can just imagine how angry everyone was because I wasted the opportunity,” Tan confessed.

She also admitted part of the reason why she lost her enthusiasm was because of a heartbreak.

“I told myself I wasn’t going to leave for New York until I get to start a business so that one day he will regret it,” Tan recalled without giving away the ex-boyfriend’s identity. “That was my little secret so I poured my energy into finding mentors and learning about business.”

Her heart mended now, she still has no regrets she did not pursue a college degree.

“Because I was forced to learn from businessmen and not the walls of a university,” she explained. “My university you can say are the streets of Manila, not a formal one.”
Mica Tan and her journey to becoming a millennial CEO | MFT Group of Companies

Nagulagan sila ng taga poveda na hindi nakapag-college. Nakakahiya kasi majority nag-invest sa kanya eh top school kuno. Kaya yung yearly na iyayabang sa media kung ano ranking skwelahan eh natatawa ako kasi hinid naman nararamdmaan.