New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Where do you find the lowest-cost sellers of GPS ba? Via sulit, tipidpc, and other online selling portals?

Also, I'm thinking about simply getting the Garmin 205W which is a no-frills GPS device. However, any particular useful features of higher-end Garmin models that makes "upgrading" worth it? I'm also thinking whether the additional screen difference of 3.5" to 5" is HUGE. Any comments about it? I'm eyeing an approximate budget of 12k.
    Uh, yes, the size difference is significant, even when I went from a 255W (4.3" widescreen, same as the 205W I think) to a 1450, the screen real-estate difference was still huge.

Anyway, the major reason I upgraded is the ability of the 1450 to use pre-programmed ROUTEs (using Mapsource on the PC). Kasi, sa alternate route to Baguio pa lang, nangangarag na ako sa pag-program ng route sa 255W, e. Pag nagkamali pa ako, uulitin pa. E 16 yata ang waypoints sa route na iyun.

12k? That will get you a nice Nuvi 1450 from maloney888 on ebay.ph, man. Free lifetime updates pa! Go for it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    How do you get better gps signal? I'm using a Garmin 255w that I purchased in Canada. It worked great there and in the US. But here in Phil, I get very poor signal. I loaded a free OSM map. I drove along EDSA from East ave to Mega Mall. It kept on losing satellite connectivity. Also, it sometimes gets lost. I was on EDSA, but it thought we were on a parallel street.
    Dapat hindi heavy ang tint mo. The lesser "obstructions", the better the signal transmission. Na-experience ko rin paminsan-minsan yang "parallel road" phenomenon na iyan. It simply means that the signal has weakened, or is being bounced around, or both.

Baka naman sa TUNNELs nawala yung signal when you went from East Ave. to Mega? Normal lang kasi sa tunnels yung mawawalan ka ng signal, lalo na kung matagal ka sa loob ng tunnel.

[size=1]683/3,945[/size]

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    try to update your firmware. go to http://my.garmin.com. Mine is now firmware 7.40.

i have smoked 3M tints in my windshield and super black window tints. no problem with sattelite reception except when inside the buildings.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by desertfox615 View Post
    try to update your firmware. go to http://my.garmin.com. Mine is now firmware 7.40.

i have smoked 3M tints in my windshield and super black window tints. no problem with sattelite reception except when inside the buildings.
    My gps is now working fine. Baka na bad day lang the other time. Drove from Manila to Batangas City and it did not loose satalitte reception even once. However, when I tried to update the firmware, garmin's site can not detect my unit. Is this bec I'm using a ordinary usb cable? I lost the original usb cable that came with the unit.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by desertfox615 View Post

My gps is now working fine. Baka na bad day lang the other time. Drove from Manila to Batangas City and it did not loose satalitte reception even once. However, when I tried to update the firmware, garmin's site can not detect my unit. Is this bec I'm using a ordinary usb cable? I lost the original usb cable that came with the unit.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I never used my Garmin USB cable when updating maps and firmware. I kept the cable that came with my GPSr for souvenir. Any USB cable should work fine.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    no effect if using ordinary usb cable, I used cable from my wd..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    is this cd-r king NAV-68 5” GPS NAVIGATOR (TOUCH SCREEN) okay to use ?? Php 5,990.00

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by EE100shiro View Post
    is this cd-r king NAV-68 5” GPS NAVIGATOR (TOUCH SCREEN) okay to use ?? Php 5,990.00

A friend of mine works in cdr-king. Sabi niya he has one installed in the car and so far hindi pa daw nasisira and he's been using it for 7 months. They tried other china brand GPS test units and this one stands out according to him.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    A friend of mine works in cdr-king. Sabi niya he has one installed in the car and so far hindi pa daw nasisira and he's been using it for 7 months. They tried other china brand GPS test units and this one stands out according to him.
    HHmmmmMm makabili nga to make my old car unique to the other car he he he

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by EE100shiro View Post
    HHmmmmMm makabili nga to make my old car unique to the other car he he he

hehe, mura na ito compared to an AVT or Garmin GPS which cost twice as much. ingatan mo lang na huwag accidentally mahulog, baka sira na agad yan.