New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pyramid00 View Post
    i'm sorry, that's not what i meant. ok, take 2. a dyno test cant be compared with a drive cycle test because a dc test is too taxing for an old engine. in fact, i requested to test the devices on any jeep plying around UP but the director refused saying that the jeep may not be able to withstand the stress that an old engine will undergo.

It is our intention to test the device at Speedlab in the future and then again an emission test at VRTL so that the series of testing will be complete; economy test at vrtl, dyno test at speedlab and emission test at vrtl. I've read in a thread that niky mentioned a P5k/hr dyno test at speedlab. Maybe, the dyno test will be on a izusu crosswind.

btw, testing will not be done on a euro 4 engine esp a obd2 compliant engine. the upstream and downstream 02 sensors will just signal the ecu to dump more fuel via the injectors. of course, this conditions will be 'cured' by efi enhancers for gasoline engines and map enhancers for diesel engines. Medyo madugo ang activiting ito. Gagastos ka sa fuel savers + sa mga enhancers. Hindi ko alam kung available ang mga ito dito. You best bet for tuning ecu controlled/obd2 compliant engines? Engine tuning with chips.

Anyway, we installed the devices on a toyota innova diesel and the owner said that he is getting 14k/l on the highway. The bad part is that he does not know the baseline.

They are trying to phase out older vehicles for the very reason why fuel management, engine horsepower and Torque have been greatly improved on newer models. Manufacturers have seen the reality of these issues that's why they included these improvements and continue to develop more efficient vehicles. The main issue here is the lack of proper vehicle maintenance that leads to problems like pollution, accidents, etc. Even if you give them fuel saving devices if they don't maintain their vehicles religiously then what's the point of saving an old clunker altogether when the truth is those jeepney and bus operators don't give a hoot about their commuting patrons be it comfort, convenience nor life itself as evidenced by the series of accidents that have been caused by poor vehicle condition and the lack of their driver's concern for safety. At todays traffic conditions fuel saving devices don't do much justice as witnessed by a lot of our tsikoteers for the very simple reason that these need to operate at constant or efficient load before they can do their job. Who can run efficiently on a jerky 10-30kph traffic pace plus the fact that it takes forever to get from point A to point B w/c in my case from Marikina on a good day takes 2.5hrs and probably 3-3.5hrs on a worst day per way to Makati. Worst I find myself driving or in my car at least 5-7 hrs a day so not much work gets done so I am not entirely saving anything if I am not productive. Giving those traffic starters fuel savers won't improve our lives nor the air around us. To the TS, if you want to help improve our lives come up with something that will encourage or change the way our commuting public look at the transport industry like what the E-vehicles or their contemporaries have done. Just my two cents!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Isn't this just an electrostatic (?) dispersal gadget?
    Last edited by dr. d; December 21st, 2014 at 12:23 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    “THE BEST WITNESS IS THE EVIDENCE ITSELF”

*Reply # 27 is the most deafening comment of all. Para kong nakikita si ts na nakangiti habang naghahanda ng pulutan at brown bottles at nagsasabing, “Here we go again, the clowns are at it, again”

I’ll not make the same mistake of answering comments that are paulit-ulit, paikot-ikot; walang katapusan. Ilang beses na bang umikot ang discussion? All I did was present the drive cycle test. If you cant accept it, ayos lang. Your comment is respected. With due respect, no replies will be given on paulit-ulit na comments. All technical suggestions/comments are supposed to be sent to VRTL.

*LSB is the foremost expert on drive cycle test on tsikot since it is his expertise. He is working with a company that test vehicles. Years ago, he offered to test nuvi2 for free but he required so many docs which I could not produce and I was ridiculed for that. Anyway, the docs he was asking for is for an ISO certification. This drive cycle test was endorsed and paid by TAPI-DOST to VRTL (for fuel economy only, emissions test will require another payment) by virtue of our patent application. I wish to emphasize that we traveled nearly 200km (conditioning period) after the baseline.

*In 2012, the offer by lsb of testing the nuvi2 on a ’84 carb W123 200G M102 engine, 4 speed manual, 6-8k/l mixed city/highway didn’t materialize. This is a 28yo engine. The FX is 18yo, with a 7k engine. I wish lsb will comment on the test procedure by VRTL. His comments shall be considered as the gospel truth.

Bro willy, thanks for the reminder, it’s a good thing that our govt is trying to reduce the smog in the city by employing e-vehicles. How may months or years or even decades when these e-vehicles will take over the old jeepneys/buses/taxis? I’m sure that it will take several years more of smoke-belching before these dirt-belching vehicles are phased out. These vehicles will be with us for a long time unless a govt with balls take over. In the meantime fuel saving devices can save fuel, enhance engine power and reduce emissions.

“Henceforth, any fuel-saving device worth its salt should undergo a drive cycle test for fuel economy and/or emissions to prove its claims; together with a dyno test. With these docs in tow, nobody would dare question the efficacy of the device. Khaos, Aeronox, Twinbooster, iHarmonics, Magnetic devices, other alternative fuels, etc., please take note”.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    genset ppwede yan?

kung totoo talaga yan kahit sa 10% savings lang...

2 months lang milyonaryo ka na... (tayo pala)

madami akong clients more than 100,000 liters ang diesel consumption nila per month...

nakakatakot lang... baka masayang lang oras natin, mapahiya at BAKA MASIRA PA GENSETS NAMIN...

yung mga gensets na ginagamit for continues 24/7 operation cost millions....

meron kaming tumatakbong 3 1250kva med. speed gensets.. parang nasa 400,000 liters of diesel per month yun... it powers isang buong island 24/7...

ang isang brandnew unit nun nasa 34M... BAKA NAMAN SIRAIN LANG NG GADGET MO YUN...?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    lets talk about digital:
    1 - digital rectal exam
    2 - digital sound - ???
    3 - as in nor, nand, or, and gates
    4 - 0I000II0I, boolean algebra, etc
    5 - square waves - fast rise,fast decay, 50% duty cycle, (e.g. 10 hz, there are 10 pos and 10 neg, we utilize the pos pulses and the neg pulses are damped by a diode) alam niyo naman ito, i'm sure. what's the fuss about the digital term?
    6 - digital age, and so forth and so on, ad infinitum
    What you need is a digital brain scan.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Bro glenn, i had offered the technology to DOE but knowing govt attitude on these matters, walang kapag-apagasa ito. We've never installed on a genset, only on a fishing boat with a car engine.

The best approach is to test it on a 10kw, then 20, 30, 50 and beyond. I wouldn't venture to install it on those behemoths that power whole communities. Syempre sa maliit muna. We were given the go-ahead to install the device/s on the diesel generators of a mining firm but we refused to immediately install on a giant genset without test on a small power unit. Prudence, sir.

About the matter of engine being ruined by devices, since 2002, we have never receive report of a single engine being destroyed. Of course the life span of the device/s could be from 5-10 years depending where the device is installed. I think you are an engineer of a power plant/s. How about sending me brochures about the specs. I want to know the o.d. of fuel lines w/c should be nonmetallic, the i.d. of the air induction system. Mas ayos kung may baseline consumption ang genset. 10%? parang kayang-kaya ng nuvi2 yan, pero i've really no experience. On large gensets, it is necessary to fabricate the transducer and electrodes and modify the circuitry using heavy duty electronic parts. At the moment, our devices are for light-duty engines only. On heavy-duty engines, a whole new design is necessary.

Thru the assistance of an engine mechanic/technician, we are designing a metal cabinet to install the devices, complete with extra devices to switch on when the main components will fail. Pls feel free to email the specs, pics, dimensions, etc. Thank you.
    Last edited by pyramid00; December 26th, 2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: spelling and additional info

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The best approach is to test it on a 10kw, then 20, 30, 50 and beyond. I wouldn't venture to install it on those behemoths that power whole communities. Syempre sa maliit muna. We were given the go-ahead to install the device/s on the diesel generators of a mining firm but we refused to immediately install on a giant genset without test on a small power unit. Prudence, sir.

About the matter of engine being ruined by devices, since 2002, we have never receive report of a single engine being destroyed.
    You're contradicting yourself here. You don't seem to be so confident with your product.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Our product was tested on light duty vehicles. the biggest engines that we had the device/s installed were on mitsubishi fuso engines
    such as the 6D15 and 8DCxx, 13L with 2k/l consumption. Prudence dictates that it should be tested on smaller engines first then up to heavy duty engines. Even a Mech Engineer with his vast experience will recommend this procedure. We should heed this advice para walang sisihan. "Look before you leap" is the best rule here.

To all owners of Japanese or Korean cars: Generally, cars distributed in asia had undergone a 10-15 or JC08 drive cycle test, it could not be type accepted by the govt of Japan or any asian country without this crucial test. This drive cycle test is exactly the same test that the FX had undergone. If you question the results, you should also be doubtful how your car had been type accepted.

A drive cycle test in Japan or Korea is the same test procedure that was implemented at vrtl, wherein the very temp of the fuel is monitored. (sorry for being 'pa-ulit-ulit'.)
    Last edited by pyramid00; December 27th, 2014 at 07:32 PM. Reason: wrong tense

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I like fun threads. This is a fun thread.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Sorry, KR, this is not a fun thread. But we can make this thread very funny!

Due to the VW's cheating device, nawala ang prestige ng drive cycle tests. Pwede palang macheat ang dynamometer tests. The best way to test for emissions is to use portable emission testers habang tumatakbo ang car. That is how they were able to detect VW's method of cheating.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
ITO ANG NUVITRON! Drive cycle test results