New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    This is why I have trust issues with many casas in the Philippines. May kumisyon na nga sa benta, nag-iinsist pa sa financing (sobra sobra na kita nila sa financing pa lang); and on top of all that, overpriced pa ang piyesa at rina-racket pa maintenance.
    unless we en masse show our disapproval by shifting our purchases to other brands,
    this will not stop.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    just today, i saw two jetour ice creams on the road.
    they look cute. and they were not as toy-ish as i initially thought.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    6 mos. na po ang PMS since the new management took over.
    Carried over din yung bumili nung time ng previous management.
    Buti naman, kelan lang ba na-take over ang hari? One of the deciding factor why I never get a Hyundai. Pero itong Toyota tinatyagaan ko since malapit lang ang casa.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    scam yang so-called brake cleaning. unless there's a tiny little rock lodged in the brake pad that's cutting a groove in your brake disc, there's no need to clean the brakes. that's why there's no item called "brake cleaning" in the PMS chart in your car's user manual
    Brake cleaner is like an acetone that dissolves the grease/dirt easily as compared to using gaas/ kerosene-like in the olden days-that could make the rubber parts swollen. Sa casa every PMS ibaba ang 4 wheels, susukatin ang caliper at disc pad/ brake shoe clearance, isusulat sa checklist if within tolerance, isasabay sa PMS report. Now imagineremoving the brakes without cleaning it first, it would be a mess? Kaya standard yan at least 1-can of brake cleaner every PMS.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Buti naman, kelan lang ba na-take over ang hari? One of the deciding factor why I never get a Hyundai. Pero itong Toyota tinatyagaan ko since malapit lang ang casa.

Brake cleaner is like an acetone that dissolves the grease/dirt easily as compared to using gaas/ kerosene-like in the olden days-that could make the rubber parts swollen. Sa casa every PMS ibaba ang 4 wheels, susukatin ang caliper at disc pad/ brake shoe clearance, isusulat sa checklist if within tolerance, isasabay sa PMS report. Now imagineremoving the brakes without cleaning it first, it would be a mess? Kaya standard yan at least 1-can of brake cleaner every PMS.

useless din yang pag measure measure ng brake pads. i still have 1 car that's under warranty and i'm doing none of that

but to be fair, offroad vehicles do need some brake cleaning just to remove mud and debris. did just that last week. took off the pads then applied Wurth brake paste to the tabs. and no i didn't have to spray them down w/ a can of brake cleaner first

5. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Can't exactly remember when but I think it was 2nd Quarter 2022, mga around June 2022 yung launching nila ng mga newer units under HMPH.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    useless din yang pag measure measure ng brake pads. i still have 1 car that's under warranty and i'm doing none of that

but to be fair, offroad vehicles do need some brake cleaning just to remove mud and debris. did just that last week. took off the pads then applied Wurth brake paste to the tabs. and no i didn't have to spray them down w/ a can of brake cleaner first
    Suzuki ba yan under casa warranty? Sa experience ko hindi nag chcheck ng brakes ang Suzuki, naka ilang tagas ako ng brake cylinder dahil hindi siniservice ang brake at naipon na ang tubig sa ilalaim dahil hindi pinapalitana ng brake fluid.

Other than Suzuki alamko standard yan brake cleaner hindi mo pwede tangalin sa checklist, part na ng consumables like rags and sandpaper, brake paste, etc..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Wired reports that Stellantis (Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Opel, Peugeot, and more) is finally adopting Tesla's NACS (North American Charging Standard). This means all the major car manufacturers in the US and Canada are going to use this charging standard going forward, with only a handful of EV startups going with other systems.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Wired reports that Stellantis (Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Opel, Peugeot, and more) is finally adopting Tesla's NACS (North American Charging Standard). This means all the major car manufacturers in the US and Canada are going to use this charging standard going forward, with only a handful of EV startups going with other systems.
    yes. big news.

pero local setting. I think its still safer to buy a car using a CCS/Type 2 connection.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013

Demand for pure electric vehicles is slowing as consumers move to hybrids
    Yahoo Finance

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006