New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_46n2 View Post
    This is wrong, the hybrid engine only runs less than 50% of the time. So its less frequent

This is also WRONG ... 50%? In Metro Manila? ...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    At the monent, this is huge. All Universities should grab this opportunity.

Toyota opens up 24, hybrid technology patents, offers royalty-free access for everyone till 23

On a side note. hybrid toyotas in the US only commands 1000ish US dollars over their non hybrid counterparts. Thats how far Toyota is ahead of the competition.

on a bigger side note, this huge gesture will hurt oil refineries that sell fuel.
    We cannot deny the fact that the world is now on the age of energy-efficient and environment-friendly vehicles.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyu View Post
    We cannot deny the fact that the world is now on the age of energy-efficient and environment-friendly vehicles.
    some nay-sayers,
    "we are just exporting the carbon footprint, when we buy EVs."
    we still have to make vast improvements in their manufacture.
    at least, we are probably in the right general direction.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_46n2 View Post
    This is wrong, the hybrid engine only runs less than 50% of the time. So its less frequent

Maybe the dealer/service got it wrong. Its supposed to be 9months or 10km. Hybrid engine ideally need a low-viscocity oil, but I know toyota service here will just put regular fully synth 10w-40, when it should be 0w or 5w. The only one they got with 0w is the GR engine oil for the supra which I opted for every time. Only costs around 1-2k more than their usual full synth.

Theres also the special battery/electricals coolant that you should only get get changed with toyota.

I know because I have rav4 hybrid already at 30k km. Havent changed the coolant yet. They dont have the service booklet indicated for hybrids when I got one, but service showed me a memo regarding the service schedule for hybrids.
    Brother has a Nissan Kicks. It is required to bring the car in for service every 6 months or "10k kms". if you want to preserve the warranty, then you really have to follow their PMS service intervals or else they may have grounds to deny warrantry if you do not follow the correct intervals. Casa customer service also contacts him when it is almost 6 months to remind him of service and when he plans to schedule, so there's that at least.

It also has a PMS service manual booklet that relates for the non hybrid and hybrid version of the kicks showing maintenance intervals required by Nissan, not just Nissan PH. It is also topped up "supposedly" with full synthetic based on Nissan. but is there reason to doubt whether or not they change the oil? maybe? but that's also why you just have it serviced regardless if you have or have not reached the minimum kms as it reached the 6mos, for the Kicks to preserve that warranty for the power train.

But Nissan NE is at least easy to talk to. We've already talked to them about doing the brakes cleaning every other PMS instead of every 6 months as it didn't make sense. hehe!

There is also 2 coolant reservoirs, one for the engine and the other for the inverter (I think it doesn't loop for the battery but the battery is "Actively" cooled by a fan mounted on top of it getting air under the driver's seat, so need to make sure you don't plug those vent holes with dirty or debris. hehe!)

NOTE: yes, i know the engine isn't running for the whole kms logged in the odometer, but they do not provide a readout for the distance traveled with the engine switched on only, or is there a "running hours" log. They might have a readout once they plug in a computer though but that's not available to end users to view from the dash board. I'm assuming this because Nissan is also able to get a reading of CVTF quality without getting a sample from the transmission. I didn't know they had this information to read from a computer diagnostic before. There is no warning light in the dashboard for this, I thought they checked for contaminants only after draining. hehe!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Brother has a Nissan Kicks. It is required to bring the car in for service every 6 months or "10k kms". if you want to preserve the warranty, then you really have to follow their PMS service intervals or else they may have grounds to deny warrantry if you do not follow the correct intervals. Casa customer service also contacts him when it is almost 6 months to remind him of service and when he plans to schedule, so there's that at least.
    "nothing is free, in the automobile industry."
    you want our warranty? you pay for it... in the PMS schedule!
    i read that nissan has extended the battery warranty to eight years. hmmm.....

i once drove a sentra.
    i have had some experience with nissan casa. yes, they are friendlier, smiles as well as service, than my current casa.
    one explanation is they may not be as inundated with cars to work on, as my current casa.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    But Nissan NE is at least easy to talk to. We've already talked to them about doing the brakes cleaning every other PMS instead of every 6 months as it didn't make sense. hehe!
    I remember talking to Honda regarding the brake cleaner (Honda City)

Me: tanggalin mo na ito
    SA: sir, less than 200 lang yan. tatanggalin din naman namin ynug gulong to rotate the tires

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014

scam yang so-called brake cleaning. unless there's a tiny little rock lodged in the brake pad that's cutting a groove in your brake disc, there's no need to clean the brakes. that's why there's no item called "brake cleaning" in the PMS chart in your car's user manual

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    This is why I have trust issues with many casas in the Philippines. May kumisyon na nga sa benta, nag-iinsist pa sa financing (sobra sobra na kita nila sa financing pa lang); and on top of all that, overpriced pa ang piyesa at rina-racket pa maintenance.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    May kumisyon na nga sa benta, nag-iinsist pa sa financing (sobra sobra na kita nila sa financing pa lang);
    Toyota Motors Phils, actionan nyo naman to.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Toyota is probably the worst offender in requiring financing for its more sought after variants.