1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    which one is better in terms of efficiency, price and maintenance

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Cguro sa Ranger na ako this time pero d nalalayo yung Strada

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Maganda naman strada but ranger almost got all the things that you need as a owner driver.. efficiency depends on the user maintenance di naman nagkakalayo. Sana lang i-update ng ranger ung head light like dmax

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Which A/T variant? But I bet you could takehome the Strada faster and hassle free than the Ranger.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    Which A/T variant? But I bet you could takehome the Strada faster and hassle free than the Ranger.
    mismo!

di pa sasakit ulo mo

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Closest competitor of the Ranger XLT (1.189M) is the Strada GLX-V (1.115M but up 60k discount)

Comparing the Ranger XLT to the Strada GLX-V - hands down the Ranger is better.
    - More space
    - Voice control, better Bluetooth integration
    - Looks better both inside and out (subjective, but noone's ever disagreed)
    - Only requires maintenance every 10,000 KM (compared to Strada's 5,000)
    - Automatic headlamps, rain-sensing wipers, cruise control
    - Better steering wheel controls (the Strada's steering wheel controls are very hard to use)
    - Better handling (Strada feels very floaty especially with the narrow tires of the GLX-V)
    - Much better brakes
    - Better NVH
    - 6AT vs 4AT

Advantages of the Strada are:
    - Built-in GPS/DVD player
    - Softer ride
    - Cheaper
    - No waiting, no DI

Comparing the 2.2 Wildtrak (1.289M) to the GLS Sport-V (1.340M), the Ranger still has the upper hand in features, looks and chassis. Biggest advantage of the GLS Sport-V is that it has 4x4. With the 2.2 Wildtrak 4x4 being ushered out, your only option for a full-featured 4x4 Ranger is the expensive 1.549M Ranger Wildtrak 3.2.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    4AT lang ba ang GLX-V? The top end GLS Sport V has 5AT, and a very good one at that. Agree with the afterthought steering wheel controls (with accompanying AAA battery compartment!). Significant pros of the Strada include more power (178ps vs 150ps), a more manageable size, superior parts availability(possibly also lower cost) and outside mechanic familiarity due to its long model cycle and healthy population on the road (including the Montero Sport). The Strada may have a lower sticker price, but if I'm buying one, I'm not gonna be caught dead with those skinny rolling stock. It's definitely going to the rim shop after getting out of the showroom!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    4AT lang ba ang GLX-V? The top end GLS Sport V has 5AT, and a very good one at that. Agree with the afterthought steering wheel controls (with accompanying AAA battery compartment!). Significant pros of the Strada include more power (178ps vs 150ps), a more manageable size, superior parts availability(possibly also lower cost) and outside mechanic familiarity due to its long model cycle and healthy population on the road (including the Montero Sport). The Strada may have a lower sticker price, but if I'm buying one, I'm not gonna be caught dead with those skinny rolling stock. It's definitely going to the rim shop after getting out of the showroom!

Yes, 4-AT lang ang Strada GLX-V. Have driven one and 4 gears lang talaga.

Also, while on paper there's a significant power difference, I have personally tried a flat out stoplight duel with a Strada VGT. 0-140 hindi ako iwan. If the Strada has a power advantage it's probably at the 80-120 range based on my experience driving it, but on the road there's not much of a gap between it and the Ranger.

I used to think that I shouldve gotten the Strada due to the power advantage, but there's barely any, if at all. So Ranger talaga.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I don't know with the manual, but the matic Strada VGT is quite lethargic off the line. Unless you can keep the rpm above 2k upon launch, it takes off with the enthusiasm of an old school diesel. But then when the turbo works at full steam, the mid range acceleration is very good indeed, IMHO it feels even more brutal than our R e-VGT Santa Fe. The 5 speed tranny is a very willing companion. Manual shift override gives you near full control. 2nd gear starts, upshifts at 1500rpm and gear holding upto redline can actually be done (same can't be said for the Santa Fe 6AT).

The Strada is more lifestyle vehicle than actual workhorse. The rear bed space is much compromised to make way for more cabin space. I could not fit a glass living room coffee table on it without opening the tailgate and involving lots of ropes. In the end, I had to bring in the Revo (with 2nd and 3rd row seats folded up) for that job.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yagbolts View Post
    which one is better in terms of efficiency, price and maintenance

same questions tayo sir nuon nung bibili palang ako ng pick-up (months ago) RANGER and STRADA din pinagpilian ko.

share ko sayo ginawa ko kaya in the end naka pili ako ng tamang pick-up.

1. ginamit ko yun search button dito sa tsikot, nag search ako about ranger and strada binasa ko isa-isa at nag take down notes pa ako.

2. i-private message mo yung mga owners ng RANGER and STRADA to ask personally yun gumugulo sa isip mo based sa mga nabasa mo.

3. magregister ka sa forum ng FCP (ford club PH) para masmalinawan ka pa about sa Ranger... FCP | The Official Site of Ford Club Philippines

lahat ng questions mo sir masasagot mo... maskumpleto pa

inshort binili ko strada glx-v hehe
    uber satisfied pang harabas ko everyday sa work

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast