New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by soyti75 View Post
    15 months old already and NO major/minor problem sa engine. my fuel consumption is between 9km/l to 12.5km/liter, more than 10k kms na itinakbo nya.
    Wow, 10,000 km in 15 months? short trips lang ba lagi? I got a 3.5 months old bt50 3.2 and 4200+ kms na tinakbo ko. And take note i was out of the country 6 weeks out of that 3.5 months, so bale 4200 kms in 2 months lang. Dami na din gasgas 3 months old pa lang. Sinaksak ko sa kawayanan at talahib gasgas ang bumper. I really need to get a bull bar, kaya lang masikip na siya sa garahe pag may bull bar.

bt50 and ranger may issue ang transmission, both the manual and a/t and both 2.2 and 3.2 and 4x2 and 4x4 models. Nagli-limp mode siya and nagkakaron ng shift shock for no reason at all. Happened to mine on the 3500km mark, nawala naman ng kusa after turning the engine off for a while. Read mo yung 2012 ranger thread, meron din dun labas-pasok na ranger sa casa due to this limp mode problem. Supposedly it is the programming of the ecu and tcm. Unfortunately nung in-upgrade nila yung software nung ranger e ganun pa din. Fortunately for me mas affected ang ranger kesa ang bt50.
    Last edited by yebo; May 29th, 2014 at 10:07 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Our Strada, bought in April 2013 has already clocked 15tkms. Casa maintenance definitely ain't cheap. I forgot the exact figures and am rarely the one to bring it in for maintenance, but I'm quite positive it definitely doesn't cost half of the Ranger's 10tkms interval PMS cost.

One thing good about getting the Strada is that pretty much all of the kinks are already ironed out, being already near the end of it's model cycle. There have been no engine and transmission problems so far.

I can't compare it with the Ranger since I've never ridden one. But as compared to the other utility vehicle in the family, the Revo, it actually has the more spacious backseat with more abundant legroom and is less jumpy on uneven roads and humps (both having leaf sprung rears) even with an unladen bed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Malayo legroom ng Ranger and Strada. Aside from having more space in the back, advantage of the Ranger is the lower floor.

Sa Strada, ang taas ng floor so nakabend tuhod mo, parang nakaupo sa stool.

A lot of my officemates got Stradas, just because they're cheaper. Wala silang paki sa kotse, all they need is a point A to point B truck.

Those who cared a bit more about the car they drive all bought Rangers kahit mas mahal. Worth it naman kasi.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Kumusta naman sasakyan mo bro? How's the gas mileage and your daily route? Nabibigatan ka ba sa steering? Mausok ba?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

okey naman sir, puro modz hehe

9-11 km/L ang nakukuha ko city driving depende nalang sa driving style ko.. madalas kasi akong humaharoroot bagong kabit palang kasi yun throttle controller ko kaya ineenjoy ko :D

kahit naka 17" 265 70 17 akong tires/mags hindi naman ako ganun nabigatan dahil 35psi yun hangin

walang usok sinunod ko lang mga tips na sinabi ni master zix :D

* TS
    sir dun ka sa hindi ka bibigyan ng sakit ng ulo at kunsomisyon lalo na kung busy person po kayo...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Para sa akin, ford ranger 3.2 wildtrack andun na lahat pero depende rin Kung anu purpose mo sa truck.
    Dmax - heavy duty
    Navara - workhorse
    Strada - light duty
    Ranger - recreational

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Pano naging underpowered ang 2.2? Magkaiba ang underpowered sa turbo lag. The Ranger has more than enough power as long as it's in the rev range. Same din naman with the Strada may turbo lag din though probably not as bad as the Ranger.

Also, curious about the PMS of the Strada. Ranger's PMS is about 7k every 10,000 km. Strada is every 5,000. Unless the Strada's PMS is less than 3.5k, edi lamang pa Ranger.

Meron ba akong sinabi pareho ang underpowered at turbo lag? Underpowered is underpowered. Either you agree with me or disagree basta wag ka lang magdagdag na sinabi ko. Wala ako sinabi tungkol sa turbo lag.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Malayo legroom ng Ranger and Strada. Aside from having more space in the back, advantage of the Ranger is the lower floor.

Sa Strada, ang taas ng floor so nakabend tuhod mo, parang nakaupo sa stool.

A lot of my officemates got Stradas, just because they're cheaper. Wala silang paki sa kotse, all they need is a point A to point B truck.

Those who cared a bit more about the car they drive all bought Rangers kahit mas mahal. Worth it naman kasi.

Not surprised you made that comment.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    He.he.. Nung ginamit ko strada... Parang ganun din... Parang May turbo lag... Fr. Start to finish... Kung compare mo sa ranger.. Dapat kasi ma test drive nila before commenting...

Sent from my C2305 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    All turbo diesels have turbo lag, even a BMW 320d has turbo lag. Getting an automatic, which you will, makes the lag less noticeable. Also the Ranger's extra gears will reduce the feeling of the lag.

Ever considered the Hilux? It less powerful than both rivals but it comes with a sterling reputation for reliability.

TS, what are your uses? Actual work truck or lifestyle pickup?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Wow, 10,000 km in 15 months? short trips lang ba lagi? I got a 3.5 months old bt50 3.2 and 4200+ kms na tinakbo ko. And take note i was out of the country 6 weeks out of that 3.5 months, so bale 4200 kms in 2 months lang. Dami na din gasgas 3 months old pa lang. Sinaksak ko sa kawayanan at talahib gasgas ang bumper. I really need to get a bull bar, kaya lang masikip na siya sa garahe pag may bull bar.

bt50 and ranger may issue ang transmission, both the manual and a/t and both 2.2 and 3.2 and 4x2 and 4x4 models. Nagli-limp mode siya and nagkakaron ng shift shock for no reason at all. Happened to mine on the 3500km mark, nawala naman ng kusa after turning the engine off for a while. Read mo yung 2012 ranger thread, meron din dun labas-pasok na ranger sa casa due to this limp mode problem. Supposedly it is the programming of the ecu and tcm. Unfortunately nung in-upgrade nila yung software nung ranger e ganun pa din. Fortunately for me mas affected ang ranger kesa ang bt50.
    Yes, karamihan ay short trips. Madalas pa Baguio ako, lapit lang me dun eh . SO tested ko na sya sa mga inclines and curves, stable sya, yun nga lang, mas malakas sa fuel pag paakyat, pero pag pababa eh needless to say ay parang di na kumakain ng gas.

I do not know about the back seats ng ibang pick up, pero strada can provide ample space and comfort para sa 3 tao. they normally sleep pa nga pag may road trip kami eh, never heard them complain na matagtag o nakakahilo. even my mother who hated riding cars dahil sa nahihilo daw sya, but now she loves riding in front seat of the strada this time around. nasubukan ko na rin sya sa light off roading sa pangasinan, where 8 people ay nakasakay sa cargo bed and there was this steep incline na akala ko di kakayanin at babaligtad ang strada but it did very well. yun nga lang, nagkaroon ng mga "dimples" o malilit na yupi ang tailgate, hayun, nagastusan ako sa QC para sa tinatawag na dent removal. lesson learned, so dapat ibaba muna ang tailgate bago sakyan ng mga tropa.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast