New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    My Honda agent adjusted a bit yung insurance (malayan), LTO etc, pero yung Unit price wala talagang discount, that somehow reduced my outlay by around 10k i think. Hingi ka nalang ng freebies if ever like full windshield tint and etc.

I agree with niwde11, Probably low demand to think na medyo luma na yung face ng Yaris, they're giving huge discounts. Or over-pricing it then slashing off huge sa price to make it look like they're giving huge discounts.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nurse_corrupted View Post
    With honda, you'd be a lotto winner if they ever give you discounts. They don't give discounts as far as I know since I was in your same shoes when I was shopping around for a brand new car to be paid in cash.

Toyota game me 50k discount for my yaris.

Don't know for mazda.
    My friend even got P70,000 so yung 1.5 M/T nya naging P633,000 na lang; that was back in June 2009 pero I doubt kung ganun na yan kalaki since kakalabas lang ng facelifted Yaris. What I know is P30,000 off at the very least!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Mahal ng Jazz 1.3 liter,yung Yaris eh its kinda dull IMHO..

Mag Suzuki Swift ka nalang.
    Eh yung Swift naman ang liit, walang cargo space, tapos malakas pa sa gasolina compared sa Jazz and Yaris. Tapos Suzuki pa meaning lower resales and bad service and after-sales...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice*59 View Post
    I have a new question.

Since I intend to pay in cash for a bnew car, how much discount will I get? Or Should I demand for at least 30-40k off the SRP? thanks in advance guys!
    Sa Jazz wag ka ng umasa sa discounts, sa MZ2 malabo din yan since new model (although in general Mazda is also generous in discounts but only for old models like Mazda 3). Sa Yaris and Swift (tinangal mo na nga pala ) baka pwede...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Eh yung Swift naman ang liit, walang cargo space, tapos malakas pa sa gasolina compared sa Jazz and Yaris. Tapos Suzuki pa meaning lower resales and bad service and after-sales...
    i thought swifts uses toyota engines? engines same with vios and yaris? please do correct me if im wrong

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    i thought swifts uses toyota engines? engines same with vios and yaris? please do correct me if im wrong
    I think the Swift's engine was co-developed by Toyota but they are not the same. The Yaris and Vios used the 1NZ-FE engine while the Swift uses M15A...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Bumabalik na naman sakit ng Tsikot na double and triple posts!!!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Mahal ng Jazz 1.3 liter,yung Yaris eh its kinda dull IMHO..

Mag Suzuki Swift ka nalang.
    Owning a car is more than just "the car". You have to consider how it would fit in your lifestyle. Also the aftersales support quality, is it good or bad. It would affect how you would own the car in the long run.

The Swift is a very small car. Four people and cargo space big enough only for a handbag

And the Suzuki aftersales support can be described in one word, "sucks".

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecoism View Post
    My Honda agent adjusted a bit yung insurance (malayan), LTO etc, pero yung Unit price wala talagang discount, that somehow reduced my outlay by around 10k i think. Hingi ka nalang ng freebies if ever like full windshield tint and etc.

I agree with niwde11, Probably low demand to think na medyo luma na yung face ng Yaris, they're giving huge discounts. Or over-pricing it then slashing off huge sa price to make it look like they're giving huge discounts.
    Current 30k discount is the standard discount AFAIK. Fact is honda doesn't give any, even for their civic fd that is one of my options last 2007.

Pero overpricing it then give a huge discount to make it look like discounted? I don't know about that. As I've said, if the Yaris and Jazz 1.5L A/T has a price difference of 10-15k, then I'll go for the Jazz without a question. But 100k peso difference? That's going overboard.

The price of Yaris can only get you a 1.3L Jazz.

Bang for the buck? Yaris, no doubt.

If the TS got money to burn and wants the 60/40 rear split seats and rear disk breaks, then the 1.5L AT Jazz it is.

If we compare at price point: 1.5L Yaris vs 1.3L Jazz, we have a clear winner if we compare the spec sheets. Numbers don't lie.

If we compare the exterior, on what is more beautiful? That is based on opinion.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    a friend bought a jazz last month - no unit discount. if you really want a head turner, it definitely is going to be the mazda 2 because it's new in the market.

i had the chance to drive a jazz 1.3 m/t and a yaris (1.5) a/t. for me i had more fun driving the yaris because it's small and nimble. i just don't like the instrument panel being in the center.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
help! Jazz 1.3 AT or Swift AT?