New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The Yaris is cheap. Believe me. And with it's engine of 1.5L it's definitely worth it. Or atleast, worth considering. ;) It won't let you down on it's interior space ... somewhat comparable with the Jazz.

The Mazda 2 is okay. The exterior is BETTER in person than in pictures ... believe me. Check out a mazda dealership when you're free.

The Jazz 1.5L is nice, too. It's additional features for 60k is DEFINITELY worth it. But that really depends on your budget, since that 840k doesn't stop. It increases as the insurance/lto reg. etc. is included.

Toyota Yaris 1.5L

Manual - P 731,000
    Automatic - P 766,000

Mazda 2 1.5L(?)

Automatic - P 795,000

Honda Jazz 1.5L

Automatic - P 840,000

Honda Jazz 1.3L

Manual - P 732,000
    Automatic - P 772,000

ETO ADDITIONAL PAMPAGULO ULIT. Mahal yung 1.5L Honda Jazz eh

Honda City 1.5L ( E )

Automatic - P 811,000

NOW AVAILABLE IN TAFETTA WHITE ;)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    To all - will read more about Mazda 2 here in Tsikot.com as well.

So for now my choices are:

* prices based online

City 1.3 S AT - PhP 761,000
    Jazz 1.3 S AT - PhP 772,000
    Jazz 1.5 V AT - PhP 832,000

Yaris 1.5 AT - PhP 766,000

Mazda 2 AT 1.5 - PhP 795,000

*sigh*

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TW City E. FTW!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Slash a further P30,000 on the Yaris A/T, may dealer discount yan... So mga P733,000 na lang sya. Not the most exciting choice but definitely the most practical and value oriented one...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ^ yes you're right. The Yaris is now looking a bit more attractive

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice*59 View Post
    ^ yes you're right. The Yaris is now looking a bit more attractive

welcome to the toyota family

anyways, kaya ginagawang taxi ng mga altis and vios, i think, they are the most practical units out there, considering the good fuel consumption, low maintenance(mura spare parts, dame kasing chop chop), pogi din, and most of all, tradition(kahit yung mga "viva" cars on 19kopong kopong na pinapasabog at mga ginagawang taxi na nakikita ko sa movies, karamihan old school na toyota eh). anung connect? hehehe sori OT.

go with the flow of your blood through your heart. lapit na mag Feb.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Attractive yung red na yaris at yung light blue.

Pero kung nahihirapan kang mamili, pwede naman sigurong lahat bilhin mo.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Was in the same dilemma last month, but opted to get the Jazz 1.5. The 60k difference from the 1.3, like most said, is really really worth it.

Although the Yaris is the most practical among the choices, its exterior is not as exciting as the jazz and the mazda 2 for me. Let's admit that we young people value the looks more actually. :D

I've heard of the mazda 2 last month but I've always wanted a jazz even when I was a kid so I decided to get one already.

My agent informed me of the release of the yellow colored jazz this month so if I were you, I'd get one of those. Sure eye candy at pang babae talaga.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^^ Yeah Mazda 2 is worth considering too. But I`m not sure about the price. 800k+ na yata yan

Oh btw ms. eunice. Have you checked the yaris as well ? The price of the 1.5L yaris is close with the 1.3S Jazz.
    Mas mura pa nga yung 1.5L na Yaris sa 1.3L na Jazz, ganda pa ng low end torque ng Yaris for its class. Talong talo lang talaga sa cargo space pero sa passenger space quits lang ang Yaris and Jazz. Being a Civic FD owner I always didn't liked Honda's lack of torque in the low end of the rev range. Spoiled na kasi ako sa Santa Fe eh torque monster at low revs...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice*59 View Post
    * Pol 3 - thank you for sharing your firsthand experience in owning a Jazz. Even if it's an older model, I'm sure the technology is pretty much the same diba? I'm still after good fuel consumption.
    Not really. In the case of the Jazz (old and new), they use totally different transmission systems. The old one had problems of early failure. The conventional tranny used in the new model is supposed to "cure" the problem.

Unfortunately the extra-ordinary fuel mileage will now be ordinary.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
help! Jazz 1.3 AT or Swift AT?