New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hi all, went to Honda earlier, scheduled test drive for tomorrow. Now I'm torn between City and Jazz but looks like in the end, Jazz 1.3 (PhP 782k) will prevail.

The Jazz 1.5L is PhP 840k, out of budget na the 60k difference equates to a handbag/purse already in a woman's world!

Will update y'all again tomorrow. SCRATCH na ang Swift. Sorry to the Suzuki enthusiasts.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice*59 View Post
    hi all, went to Honda earlier, scheduled test drive for tomorrow. Now I'm torn between City and Jazz but looks like in the end, Jazz 1.3 (PhP 782k) will prevail.

The Jazz 1.5L is PhP 840k, out of budget na the 60k difference equates to a handbag/purse already in a woman's world!

Will update y'all again tomorrow. SCRATCH na ang Swift. Sorry to the Suzuki enthusiasts.

hi miss eunice, i think all/most of us here recommend or suggest that you get the 1.5 variant, because it is worth the additional price,

gagastos ka na lang din, bakit hindi pa yung mas maganda/ mas mataas na variant since sulit naman ang 60k na dagdag.

kung 1.5 ang kukunin mu, di ka magsisisi. konting dagdag na lang oh pigain na ang dapat pigain.

60k worth of purse/ bags? WTF! pang isang taong pangtuition ko na yun ah!

good day! may our "pangbubuyo" tempt you

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hay iba talaga ang mga taga Venus kaysa tulad natin taga Mars even I seem perplexed with those P60,000 bags hahaha...

Pero its kinda true, the 1.5L Jazz is really overpriced good as it is kukuha na lang ako ng Corolla Altis...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    hmm a/t? you should test drive both the 1.5 & the 1.3 variant of the jazz. plus have passengers with you.

pang-gulo

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ Yeah Mazda 2 is worth considering too. But I`m not sure about the price. 800k+ na yata yan

Oh btw ms. eunice. Have you checked the yaris as well ? The price of the 1.5L yaris is close with the 1.3S Jazz.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    You can't go wrong with the Jazz. We have the first gen its A/T and it logged 110k already in the odometer. No problem whatsover with the tranny and all. Before I got my pick-up, we used to load it with 90 trays of eggs 4 times a week from Batangas to Alabang for 6 months. We brought it to Baguio 37 times already since it was bought last 2004. It never felt wanting in the power aspect. With regards to comfort, my kids slept from Alabang to Baguio straight without waking up.
    Last year my wife bumped a Toyota vios taxi's rear bumper and it got a huge dent, the trunk can't be closed and the rear lights popped out but the our jazz' front bumper just got small scratches and in fact we are still using the same bumper until now.
    This is the old Jazz I'm talking about and I will give it a perfect score of ten (and I would not even start with the Fuel consumption because for me thats a great big bonus! 12km per liter!) what more if its the new and upgraded one. Yeah the one that you are thinking of getting!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pol3 View Post
    This is the old Jazz I'm talking about and I will give it a perfect score of ten (and I would not even start with the Fuel consumption because for me thats a great big bonus! 12km per liter!) what more if its the new and upgraded one. Yeah the one that you are thinking of getting!
    The new Jazz gets a lower fuel mileage because it is now using a conventional A/T. The older model Jazz uses a CVT A/T which proved to be prone to early/accelerated wear & tear issues for many first model Jazz owners.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    * Renzo D10 - thanks bro, I've had the chance to ride the Yaris 1.5L AT of my kumare, didn't get the chance to drive it though. Ok naman ang ride. (as if I can tell if it's running on flat or not)

* Jozef_10 = waah! Ang ganda ng Mazda 2! Hmm... Mazda 2 * 795k vs. Jazz 1.5 * 840k. Naguluhan na nga ako lalo!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    * aejhayl17 - Haha, well, that's how I think. Don't wanna generalize since I'm sure there are more practical women out there. It just so happens I'm a "designer purse enthusiast" Naisip kona nga with the money I can buy a Chanel. But that a different story.

* tidus1203 - you snatched the words right outta my mouth, when I read aejhay's post, I was thinking really why men are from Mars and were from Venus No offense about the Altis, it's being used as a taxi naden kase. Yun lang ang superficial reason ko for not considering it. Thanks for your input though!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    * Pol 3 - thank you for sharing your firsthand experience in owning a Jazz. Even if it's an older model, I'm sure the technology is pretty much the same diba? I'm still after good fuel consumption.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
help! Jazz 1.3 AT or Swift AT?