New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi all, I've read the previous threads comparing these cars that I'm considering, but they 're dated already so I'm starting a new one.

Info:

- 1 st car (buying it cash)
    - to be used for city driving to and from work
    - to be used for nearby out of town trips as well
    - will be lady driven (never owned a car but knows how to drive MT and AT)

- planning to purchase before February 2010
    - considering those 2 cars mentioned above mainly because it's eye candy SO this is where you car enthusiasts will help me decide. My BF is no car tuner so he can't help me decide on this.

Thanks in advance! Looking forward your responses!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    These are my questions and concerns -

1. I'm buying brandnew, when (# of kms and or years) should I expect wear and tear signs for AT? (no judgement please just becoz I'm a lady driver )

2. Which has better after market service?

3. I'm considering resale value after 5 yrs (the most) as I don't wanna be stuck with problems for AT. Which, in your honest opinion has better resale value in 3-5 yrs?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Get the Jazz 1.5 A/T instead.

Why not the Swift 1.5 AT or Jazz 1.3 AT?

-Swift is a very small car. Seats only FOUR normal sized adults.
    -Swift has practically no trunk space. Only enough space in the back for your purse.
    -Suzuki has one of the WORST service casa in the local market.
    -Suzuki aftersales/afterservice relations is even worst than the service because it is non-existent.

-Jazz has a much bigger interior than Swift. Great for bringing friends out of town WITH bags in the back.
    -Jazz interior volume is also much bigger, fold down the rear seats and you can transport a whole sofa chair like a Lazy-Boy or your bf's dead body if he ever cheats on you. hehehe.
    -Jazz 1.3l feels very slow, especially accelerating from 60kph to 100kph and beyond.
    -with a price difference only P60K for the 1.3 & 1.5 versions, you get a better car with a more powerful engine, better wheels, etc.
    -1.5L engine will consume roughly the same in fuel as long as you keep a light foot on the pedal.
    -Jazz 1.5L gets more goodies like: side mirror signal lights, power folding side mirrors, paddle shifter, car alarm, etc. (Jazz1.3 doesn't get those).

-resale of Honda is very good. Lots of demand of 2nd hand honda cars including the Jazz.
    -current Jazz A/T tranny seems to be problem free since it's a traditional a/t system.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 9th, 2010 at 01:19 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Haha that BFs dead body part is hilarious!

Thanks Ghosthunter for the tip. I've read some of your posts in Top Gear forum as well. Thank you for pointing out the more logical reasons of getting the 1.5L Jazz. I was just looking, considering and comparing 1.3 and 1.5 based on the the interior specs! 1.5 offers height adjuster (which will come in handy given my 5'2" balingkinitan frame) PLUS the driver vanity mirror! I'm so totally clueless!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Spot on si ghosthunter.

I'd suggest giving both cars (and both the 1.3 and the 1.5 variants) a look in person din sa showroom.

Test drive na rin.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thank you MDA, that's what I'm planning to do today actually. To test drive both cars, will visit the respective car companies showrooms in Shaw. Wish me luck!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Since you'll test drive vehicles today. Why not include the Toyota Yaris 1.5L as well ?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Since you'll test drive vehicles today. Why not include the Toyota Yaris 1.5L as well ?
    :rofl01: I fore-see a new thread tomorrow: "help! Jazz 1.5L or Yaris 1.5L"

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    More like Jazz 1.3L VS Yaris 1.5L

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    also check out the new mazda 2

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
help! Jazz 1.3 AT or Swift AT?