New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Hi everyone,

My wife and I are looking at our 1st car and we're having problems deciding.. Initially we wanted to get a Mirage GLS M/T kasi it's like having a mini ASX (with the features).. But because of the long wait we decided to look for other options.. A nice SA from Kia then gave us some good deals on the Kia Rio 1.2 LX and the Picanto MT..

Sa prices po hindi naman sila nagkakalayo..

Mirage GLS M/T is at 588k
    DP 68,200, 5years=12,676

Kia Picanto is at 545k
    DP 35,000, 5years=12,681

Kia Rio is at 598k
    DP 39,000 5years=13,960

Our number 1 priority po is the budget, with the quotes above po you can see na they play at around the same range(except the mirage with the higher DP) we are currently paying a house and lot na 19k+ a month and we need a car na kaya po naming isabay sa bahay namin.. Ano po kaya ang best for my small family..

Below are our priorities:
    1. Budget (pero dahil same range sila ok lang idisregard to)
    2. fuel consumption
    3. features
    4. space
    5. wala masyadong problema or known issue

Please help naman po.. Ang hirap po magdecide if wala masyadong alam sa mga sasakyan na pinagpipilian ko..

Maraming salamat po sa lahat ng sasagot..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Update:

Now Hyundai replied na to my query and gave me this for an accent 1.4 GL

DP 38,000, 60 mos.= 12,435

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Puro low dp promo ung quote syo. Kaya medyo mataas monthly.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by stickers; March 15th, 2013 at 08:07 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TS, matanong ko lang, why not consider getting a vios? Atleast if your starting a family, may space ka for the baby stuff... not to mention tipid sa gas at mura parts. Dali din ibenta after.

A 1.3J or 1.3J limited is around that price range... di nga lang automatic.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    i also suggest na kung may pang DP ka try to go to a bank may mga promo sila ngyon na darating afaik meron sa BDO at BPI para lower ang interest para malaki matipid mo.

sakin Mirage ako...maganda "DAW" FC according sa mga meron and it looks good but thats subjective ...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    If you have the extra money for the down, don't go for their low downpayment option. It might look attractive kasi ang liit ng pera na lalabas mo pero in the long run libo libo din ang kinita nila sayo. Did a quick check and nasa 300k tinubo nila sayo for the Mirage.

Try BPI nga, meron silang low downpayment for 1st time car buyers. Meron sila 7500/month for 6 years tas 100k cashout. In the long run makakatipid ka pa more than 150k compared sa low downpayment ng mga dealership. Spend a little more now for the cashout, save a lot for the future. Wag tayo magpauto sa low down ng mga dealerships

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    never go with the dealership financing sobrang taas nila magpatong sa ganyan, kasi idadaan pa din naman nila yan sa banko tapos interest pa nila kaya doble doble.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaflakes View Post
    Update:

Now Hyundai replied na to my query and gave me this for an accent 1.4 GL

DP 38,000, 60 mos.= 12,435
    For BPI auto loan based on here BPI Family Auto Loan
    SRP for accent 1.4 GL M/T is 618,000.

20% is 123,600
    Amount Financed is Php 494,400.00
    Monthly Amortization is Php 10,674.10

10,674.10 X 60 = 640,446

123,600 down + 640,446 = 764,046

para sa promo ng hyundai
    38,000 down

12,435 per month X 60 months = 746,100

total 38,000 down + 746,100 = 784,100

so for comparison

bpi - 764,046 = hyundai promo 784,100

sa tingin ko kung tama yung quote sayo e pwede na yan 20,054 lang ang difference

pero parang mali e. eto yung nakita kong mga prices
    403 - Error: 403

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by manilamako View Post
    If you have the extra money for the down, don't go for their low downpayment option. It might look attractive kasi ang liit ng pera na lalabas mo pero in the long run libo libo din ang kinita nila sayo. Did a quick check and nasa 300k tinubo nila sayo for the Mirage.

Try BPI nga, meron silang low downpayment for 1st time car buyers. Meron sila 7500/month for 6 years tas 100k cashout. In the long run makakatipid ka pa more than 150k compared sa low downpayment ng mga dealership. Spend a little more now for the cashout, save a lot for the future. Wag tayo magpauto sa low down ng mga dealerships
    I agree with this.

TS, if you have a little money to spare, bank loan is a better option. Maliit ang monthly. Besides, may promo sa BPI ngayon, free insurance. Di ko lang alam kung may required loan amount para maka-avail nun. tnx

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd go with the Rio. By the looks of your choices, you don't really need the speed so the better fuel efficiency of the Rio trumps the Accent's added power. You will appreciate the bigger interior and trunk as compared to the Mirage and Picanto since you have a family. Groceries, strollers, lots of luggage for out of town trips come to mind. Though I suggest you check out the SLX variant with power windows on all four doors and alloy wheels.

Like our fellow Tsikoteers mentioned, try to avoid low DP schemes if you have the cash. You stand to lose a lot of money.

Or, you can just get a 2nd hand car for now. That's a lot less obligations for you, especially since you're still paying for a house.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast