New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Never go for the low down. You'll be tied to hellishly high monthly payments for too long for a car that's not really worth that much.

-

I like the Picanto, but I don't really see any reason to buy one over the Rio, even if the base Rio has pawis rear windows and no alarm. You can get better economy in the city with the Picanto MT, but you have to drive conscientiously, and put up with the weedy power from the 1.0.

If you want the most space for your money, get the Rio 1.2. The Mirage GLS has much more in terms of toys, but the Rio has a crapload of space. The trunk and backseat are bigger than in the Vios, and the Rio's ride and noise isolation are much better than the Toyota's to boot. Fuel economy is okay in the city as long as you don't drive with a heavy foot.

But... the Mirage is much more economical, and the rear seat is decent. If it's only two of you in the family, it's more than big enough. And with the GLS, you get ABS+EBD, which neither the Rio nor the Vios have. In the olden days, I would have said you don't really need ABS, but thanks to electronic brake force distribution, ABS+EBD can shorten your braking distances from 100 km/h by around ten meters. In the dry. That's over two car-lengths. The Mirage also has better crash safety than the Vios, and dual airbags.

The high point of the Mirage is the excellent economy, both on the highway and in the city. And while it has less power than the Vios and the Rio, performance is the same because it weighs so much less.

The 1.0 competition can probably beat the Mirage in traffic economy, but only through very conscientious driving, and the Mirage is superior at high speed cruising.

-

Still, look around. It's nice shopping at the low end of the market nowadays because you have so many excellent choices with good economy, the Spark 1.0 MT, Eon 800cc MT, Celerio 1.0 MT and Mirage 1.2 MT are all capable of over 25 km/l on the highway if driven properly.

-

Just don't buy an automatic. Not even the astonishingly economical Suzuki 1.0 gives you good economy when mated to that sluggish 4-speed auto in the Celerio.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I used to be an agent so I know na you should never go inhouse financing. Regarding dun sa Accent, nakapagtataka nga na ang baba ng kikitain ng dealership at 20k pero you have to factor in na baka malaki ang discount for that unit lalo na ngayon na lumabas na yun diesel accent. If they're offering that discount for financing, dapat offer din nila for bank PO or cash so ask them nalang. Good luck bro!

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by manilamako View Post
    I used to be an agent so I know na you should never go inhouse financing. Regarding dun sa Accent, nakapagtataka nga na ang baba ng kikitain ng dealership at 20k pero you have to factor in na baka malaki ang discount for that unit lalo na ngayon na lumabas na yun diesel accent. If they're offering that discount for financing, dapat offer din nila for bank PO or cash so ask them nalang. Good luck bro!
    Dinidispose na lang yung 1.4 na Accent maraming stock at hindi mabenta puro HB ang order ngayon

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaflakes View Post
    Hi everyone,

My wife and I are looking at our 1st car and we're having problems deciding.. Initially we wanted to get a Mirage GLS M/T kasi it's like having a mini ASX (with the features).. But because of the long wait we decided to look for other options.. A nice SA from Kia then gave us some good deals on the Kia Rio 1.2 LX and the Picanto MT..

Sa prices po hindi naman sila nagkakalayo..

Mirage GLS M/T is at 588k
    DP 68,200, 5years=12,676

Kia Picanto is at 545k
    DP 35,000, 5years=12,681

Kia Rio is at 598k
    DP 39,000 5years=13,960

Our number 1 priority po is the budget, with the quotes above po you can see na they play at around the same range(except the mirage with the higher DP) we are currently paying a house and lot na 19k+ a month and we need a car na kaya po naming isabay sa bahay namin.. Ano po kaya ang best for my small family..

Below are our priorities:
    1. Budget (pero dahil same range sila ok lang idisregard to)
    2. fuel consumption
    3. features
    4. space
    5. wala masyadong problema or known issue

Please help naman po.. Ang hirap po magdecide if wala masyadong alam sa mga sasakyan na pinagpipilian ko..

Maraming salamat po sa lahat ng sasagot..
    i would go for the rio, pero taasan mo ng onti yung DP mo, para reasonable yung monthly mo.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I would go for the Rio 1.2LX as well.

Biggest of the bunch.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I would go for the Rio 1.2 also.. It pays to have bigger real estate with wheels on the road. Kotse mo parang pangalawang bahay mo na yon. The bigger the better.. Sa lahat na lumabas na mga bagong maliit na kotse ngayon ang Mirage parang kulang ang effort ng mga designer nya sa panlabas na porma. Kung tanggalin ang Mitsubishi badge sa Mirage at palitan ng Maling, it would easy pass as a
    China car.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I really appreciate it. Yep I did inquire na sa Metrobank, BPI and BDO.. I think I'm going with BPI, 20% DP then lower yung prices.. Ang samin kasi ng wife ko kaya gusto namin ng low down, since we're moving to the new house this may, we wanna use the extra 60-80k sana sa ibang appliances sa bahay.. hehe puro kasi kitchen stuff regalo samin nun kasal namin.. :D Thanks for all the replies, I'll go get the Rio na lang.. If only nde mabigat yung bahay, I'd go for the accent HB, sulit sana yun..

Naguusap pa din kami ng wife ko with BPI vs. Dealer's low down.. Kasi mahirap naman lumipat ng bahay ng microwave, toaster, kitchen stuff, PC and aircon lang meron kami.. hahaha again maraming maraming salamat po mga sir..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Lowering your monthly by 4k means a new appliance every two months.

Just saying.

Good luck sa purchase!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Lowering your monthly by 4k means a new appliance every two months.

Just saying.

Good luck sa purchase!
    hehe this make sense... although ako kasi bsta may pc at a.c buhay na hahaha.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Onting price difference sa monthly, go for the RIO! Malaking bagay yang extra space.

Pero if i remember correctly, yung officemate ko naka accent na low down for 5 years, nasa 13.3k a month sya

1.4 engine that averages 13km/l on city driving.

Sorry OT wala sa choices ang accent. I just thought na minus the knocking issues, mas better choice ang accent over RIO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast