New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 158 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I don't find A/T boring. Like any innovation, it's meant to make driving easier, and to me, fun and worthwhile.
    Yes it's easier and convenient. Our cars even have cruise control. Because of that it's boring.

why not complete the ensemble and go back to non-powered steering, manual windows and door locks to get back that "it's all you" feeling? :D
    That's off topic now... I believe only insane people would prefer non-powered steering as opposed to powered steering cars.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have more than 25+ years of driving experience. It was only about 2 years ago that my cars (and the family's) had A/T. Convenience is what I'm after now. I agree, physical condition is a factor in driving M/T, especially in city streets. My dad, who's a senior citizen and still loves to drive had to sell his much-loved M/T CRV for an A/T when his knees started aching.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I don't find A/T boring. Like any innovation, it's meant to make driving easier, and to me, fun and worthwhile. Been driving 20 years and I've only started driving an A/T for the last 2 or 3 years. That said, I'm never going back to driving an M/T. Modern A/T's have gone smarter compared to models from a decade or so ago and can pretty much shift like a normal driver would.

If you still think A/T is boring, why not complete the ensemble and go back to non-powered steering, manual windows and door locks to get back that "it's all you" feeling? :D
    My sentiments exactly. I also first learned driving with a M/T car and its less than 10 years ago that I started driving A/T cars.

A/T technology just keeps improving and traffic conditions continues getting worse. So if you have a choice, I don't see the point of burdening oneself with having to use M/T when you should actually worry more on other aspects of driving especially in our chaotic streets.

The only no-nonsense reasons I can think of in getting an M/T car are first, if your budget is limited and price of A/T is excessive for you, and 2nd, if you like to have a nice weekend sports car to play around with.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    Yes it's easier and convenient. Our cars even have cruise control. Because of that it's boring.
    I don't have cruise control nor do I plan to put one in. Though, they may have a place in your car if you daily or frequently do long drives on expressways like SCTEX. But that's a minority, I believe.

That's off topic now... I believe only insane people would prefer non-powered steering as opposed to powered steering cars.
    Didn't mean to go OT. It was a rhetorical question.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    M/T or A/T, driving too slow on an expressway is boring.

But the thing is, too slow is subjective.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    I believe only insane people would prefer non-powered steering as opposed to powered steering cars.
    And I believe you have limited experience in cars.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    i bet all vehicles in a year or years to come are all in a/t..
    in the 70's only the american made low rider are matic,
    in the 80's some japan made cars were into,
    in the 90's almost half of the cars are matic....
    now in the 2000's, every model have an a/t,
    every large suv has an a/t even a big truck nowadays-
    isuzu tractor head got an a/t 18speed, i've got one.
    sorry na lang ang die hard m/t hindi na makapag drive........
    bye bye manual transmission......

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Local taxis won't have A/T. PUJs won't have A/T. 90% of buses won't have A/T. Motorcycles have auto-clutch, but they're still M/T.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stgear View Post
    sorry na lang ang die hard m/t hindi na makapag drive........
    bye bye manual transmission......
    Most drivers who grew up driving M/T can also drive A/T, but I'd bet my reputation that most drivers who learned driving on A/T can't drive M/T. Never underestimate the stickshift.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    I don't find A/T boring. Like any innovation, it's meant to make driving easier, and to me, fun and worthwhile. Been driving 20 years and I've only started driving an A/T for the last 2 or 3 years. That said, I'm never going back to driving an M/T. Modern A/T's have gone smarter compared to models from a decade or so ago and can pretty much shift like a normal driver would.

If you still think A/T is boring, why not complete the ensemble and go back to non-powered steering, manual windows and door locks to get back that "it's all you" feeling? :D
    I totally agree, innovation is there so we could use it to make our lives easier. I've been driving a Manual for so long now and I've only started driving A/T maybe a few years ago and I also would not want to go back to driving a stickshift anymore. And with the traffic here in the metro, it just makes my decision more convincing.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    M/T will never die! In Europe M.T is still prevalent. Sa US lang naman maka A/T eh. In sports MT pa din sila...