New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 158 of 158 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158
Results 1,571 to 1,576 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    I think that works for diesels or large displacement engines. A smaller car might stall.
    Not healthy for the engine either as you're lugging it (the fact that the engine is shaking means it's under very high load).
    that is correct.
    the clutch pedal (how it bites) and the engine's torque, directly figure in how incline-friendly the vehicle is.
    my first car was not friendly. the clutch was on the heavy side and it bit abruptly, and the engine was a weakling.

i remember,
    i would start my besta moving from second gear, at low rpm, without complaint from the engine.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 11th, 2024 at 05:12 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Hindi ko na iniisip yung steps when driving an MT. Parang instinctive lang eh.

• Pag naramdaman ko losing power na, downshift, if start na umire yung makina sobra, shift up para bumaba revs.

• If stopped on an incline, timplahin mo yung release ng clutch and gas when starting again so it doesn't roll backwards.

• If you're stopping, step on the brake lang (para may engine brake), then you step on the clutch last (when almost stopped na) so the engine doesn't stall

Learned to drive on, and have driven MT cars for years kasi (and at the time, AT's were considered expensive luxuries lang)

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    Hindi ko na iniisip yung steps when driving an MT. Parang instinctive lang eh.

• Pag naramdaman ko losing power na, downshift, if start na umire yung makina sobra, shift up para bumaba revs.

• If stopped on an incline, timplahin mo yung release ng clutch and gas when starting again so it doesn't roll backwards.

• If you're stopping, step on the brake lang (para may engine brake), then you step on the clutch last (when almost stopped na) so the engine doesn't stall

Learned to drive on, and have driven MT cars for years kasi (and at the time, AT's were considered expensive luxuries lang)
    or one can go AT.
    'nuff said.
    just be ready, in case AT uses more gas than MT, and requires ATF change on a more frequent basis..
    heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i remember,
    i would start my besta moving from second gear, at low rpm, without complaint from the engine.
    Our old L300 was like that too. 1st is more like a crawler gear (4-Lo on a 4x4). It's only ever needed in situations like starting uphill while heavily loaded. Otherwise 2nd serves as 1st would in an ordinary car..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Our old L300 was like that too. 1st is more like a crawler gear (4-Lo on a 4x4). It's only ever needed in situations like starting uphill while heavily loaded. Otherwise 2nd serves as 1st would in an ordinary car..
    heh heh.
    i discovered it on my own.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yes, most of the time, 2nd gear is first gear for me on the L300 as well.