New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you're using this daily, it might be more practical to get the X-Trail especially now that flooding and huge potholes caused by dissolved asphalt is the norm.

We have two 7th gen Accord's. One 2.4 and one 3.0. Compared to the Camry 2.4V of a family friend, I find the Camry's ride very floaty, almost reminiscent of an Expedition, while the Accord feels very much connected to the ground although bumps are still very well filtered. It seems to be rather lacking in features, though it is definitely an excellent car to be driven around in. I find this model's design quite timeless too, ageing more gracefully even than the model that replaced it.

I'd suggest you consider the Accord too. It is an entirely different model from the 6th gen Accord, with newer engines and platform. With a light foot, the 2.4 gets around 6-7km/L in its daily commute of Timog QC to Ugong Valenzuela via Mindanao Ave. I find the interior of better quality than the Camry's, especially the switchgear. The 5 speed A/T is a very willing companion, downshifting and upshifting as needed with very little hesitation. Handling is excellent despite the heft, and power, though not class leading by today's standards, is by no means lacking. With this model you already get auto climate control, steering wheel mounted audio controls and front power seats.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    Kapag yung cheapest gas (91 octane?) for me wala yung neck-snapping hatak at hirap sa overtakes. So i always load up higher octanes depende kung mura yung blaze.
    For some reason, all our Nissans always loved 95 octane fuel that's why we always used XCS.

Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    The Camry is very particular sa insulation.
    Toyotas in general have good insulation. When i would compare my Altis and Civic side-by-side back when i had both cars in the garage, it was really noticeable; all the more when i get off the Camry or Corolla then drive the Civic.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    QG series din yung engine ng XTrail so 95RON talaga preference nyan.

It's really a hard comparison between the two models and each one has its own strengths/weaknesses. How about we equalize the comparison? A 2004 Camry vs a 2004 Cefiro A33? or the Xtrail against a similarly aged RAV4? Midsize to midsize, CUV to CUV. Midsizers have better insulation, better interior space, and geared towards comfort. The CUVs have the bigger rear cargo hold, stiffer ride, and more ground clearance.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    QG series din yung engine ng XTrail so 95RON talaga preference nyan.

It's really a hard comparison between the two models and each one has its own strengths/weaknesses. How about we equalize the comparison? A 2004 Camry vs a 2004 Cefiro A33? or the Xtrail against a similarly aged RAV4? Midsize to midsize, CUV to CUV. Midsizers have better insulation, better interior space, and geared towards comfort. The CUVs have the bigger rear cargo hold, stiffer ride, and more ground clearance.
    Diba QR series ang X-Trail? But then again, I wonder why so many of Nissan's gas engines demand premium gasoline? Even the old GA16DE in the Exalta indicated 95 RON gasoline only on the speedo.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Diba QR series ang X-Trail? But then again, I wonder why so many of Nissan's gas engines demand premium gasoline? Even the old GA16DE in the Exalta indicated 95 RON gasoline only on the speedo.

Yes sir GTi QRDE engine ng Xtrail, parang wala naman sa manual ng Xtrail kailangan is 95RON lang, 93 will do wag lang below siguro below dun ako din kasi always 95 kinakarga ko, mix NLEX and city lagi

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    So kung wala nakasulat sa manual ng QR engines na RON requirement, it can accomodate the base petrol available before which is 93RON. Ngayon nga lang, 91RON na yung base petrol so need mo karga ng 95RON. I think some Petron stations can give a whole variety of fuel choices - 91 (Super), 93 (Xtra), 95 (XCS), and 100 (Blaze).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Ask ko lang pala camry owners if the 2004 2.4v comes with a 5 speed a/t na?

Tia
    Last edited by jp923; October 10th, 2013 at 04:12 PM. Reason: font too small.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jp923 View Post
    Ask ko lang pala camry owners if the 2004 2.4v comes with a 5 speed a/t na?

Tia
    Nope, it's only a 4 speed AT. But that's what vinj (or was it basti08?) was raving about. Apparently, because of that 4AT setup, highway passing/overtaking is not a problem, and no downshifts needed most of the time.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

I used to drive an a32 VQ20 engine. I had it for 2 years around 30,000. 95din sya. I mostly gas her up with xcs. Nung newly acquired ko sya i tried filling 200 with unleaded and ramdam mo yung vibration. parang ang baba ng idling na may onting knock feeling and sound. tried it twice 1 week interval so i guess talagang ayaw nya sa low octane gas.

i also felt this after filling up sa "small named" gas stn even with 95 octane daw. May halo siguro?? Haha

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Nope, it's only a 4 speed AT. But that's what vinj (or was it basti08?) was raving about. Apparently, because of that 4AT setup, highway passing/overtaking is not a problem, and no downshifts needed most of the time.
    Mustve forgotten about reading it. Sensya na.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456