New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    I think the CRV is a big waste of money,the engines are weak and its looks so ugly... Cheapo SUV nanaman ng Honda and its selling pretty well lalo na sa Honda fanboys..

hey that's brutal & insulting

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A little bit OT since a lot of posts here are suggesting to include the Sta Fe:

A lot of people here in Tsikot are all praises for the Sta. Fe. Just like the Isuzu Trooper around 4-5 yrs ago. During that time, we were looking for a SUV and everybody says it should be the Trooper. It got a great engine and the most bang for the buck of all the SUVs at that time (Dual headrest mounted LCD with VCD player, leather seats, sunroof, etc.). Look at what happened to the Trooper now. It actually have one of the most problematic engine right now. Although our Trooper haven't showed any signs of fuel injector problems, I guess it's just a matter of time nalang.

I hope Sta. Fe owners won't suffer the same fate.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    if i'm to choose among the 3

1. CRV
    2. Fortuner Gas
    3. Outlander

the outlander is a waste of money.

it's not popular among the masses - so no satisfaction for you there.
    it's expensive - so you get to pay more with just about the same resale value as any other suv in the future
    it's a gas-guzzler - so you need to spend more fuel on the same kilometer

kahit saan ko tignan talo ako eh

tingin ko dyan para ka lang bumili ng high-end Samsung phone with all the best features and still nobody dares to give a 2nd-look kapag nasa dinner kayo ng barkada nyo sa gerry's hehehe
    buying a car is not a popularity contest. masses will not buy somethingthat they cannot afford. any individual getting a "real"suv should be willing to spent including fuel. when you get a v6 engine, dont expect that this will have a same consumption with a 4 cylinder or a diesel engine.
    if your budget is tight then get a car that is fuel efficient. you cannot win them all. its quite hard to compare a car without test driving them.
    lets keep our comments objectively.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post

A lot of people here in Tsikot are all praises for the Sta. Fe. Just like the Isuzu Trooper around 4-5 yrs ago. During that time, we were looking for a SUV and everybody says it should be the Trooper. It got a great engine and the most bang for the buck of all the SUVs at that time (Dual headrest mounted LCD with VCD player, leather seats, sunroof, etc.). Look at what happened to the Trooper now. It actually have one of the most problematic engine right now. Although our Trooper haven't showed any signs of fuel injector problems, I guess it's just a matter of time nalang.

when we decided to get our Sta. Fe, we were already aware that CRDi Starex'es had been available since 2004. the matrix available since 2005.

the problem with the trooper is it's really the first, as in the first CRDi ata dito

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Oo nga daw, mas ok daw wag kumuha ng mga 1st Gens. Like kunwari sa phone or iPods. Pero sana wala ngang lumabas na sakit si Sta Fe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by meldy12 View Post
    buying a car is not a popularity contest. masses will not buy somethingthat they cannot afford. any individual getting a "real"suv should be willing to spent including fuel.

that seems to be opposite the general consensus of the threads here

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hmm ya it may not be about popularity, pero I tell you, because of the threads here about Ste Fe, it's one of our considerations now. I even joined Tsikot just to get the Tsikoteers' opinions (ie. my first thread = Sta Fe / Fort / Mazda 3).

May friend ako na naka F150, reklamo ng reklamo sa gas hehehe

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post

That is my exact sentiment with sta fe. Its not that Im conscious about what product I use but having a reputable company to back up what you bought with your hard earned money gives you a peace of mind is a big thing for me. It might look good on paper, and performs well now, but for how long? Its suprising nobody even suggested a sorento since a few has mentioned sta fe. BTW FYI the outlander is not cbu from japan but from the US as per dealers info. It has been out in the US for 3 years now. Besides with its clones coming out, even if its the old version, I dont like the feeling that my ride has a cheaper counter part, Im sure alot of pinoys will try to rebadge theirs to look like the more expensive ones, no offense to those who does this ha?

Even though im willing to spent that much money on a car syempre I still dont want something that guzzles gas like expi and the likes, it will be my daily drive not a weekend hobby thing, its not like im buying a ferrari di ba? Hindi naman ako mayaman hehehehehe!

Thanks for all your reply, all opinions are taken into consideration and discussed with my wife. hehehehehe.

I hope my reply does not sound insulting to other vehicles owners, its just an opinion. Peace to all!!!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TFR:

actually, the Sorento is worth every penny, it's just that the new model isn't out here yet. The one with Projector lights and CRDi VGT 2.5L. Stock, it's more powerful than the SantaFe * 170hp/392Nm (chipped: 200hp/452Nm). Imagine all that power. SF goes as high as 185hp/395Nm chipped. Stock, it's just 150hp/335Nm but it can run at 200kmh with 7 adult passengers. I've tried it personally. All my passengers were sleeping though except my buddy in the front passenger seat. Nobody noticed we went fast. Actually, they don't notice it most of the time unless they peek at the speedo.

I plan to get a 4x4 CRDi VGT Sorento (for off-roading since it's a ladder-on-frame chassis) and a 4x4 CRDi SF (for light off-roading and paved driving). The one i drive now is a 4x2 CRDi VGT SantaFe. It performs well even on rough roads and very scary steep inclines but the 4x4 intrigues me.

As for your choices.

#1. Outlander : nice but the Di-D version should be nicer. I suggest you wait for it. I also hope the Di-D got projector Xenon/HID lights too.

Boybi: hopefully not. Even if so, at least, it's just a 1.5M mistake. hehehe. Seriously, Hyundai CRDi is already proven. It's from Bosch AG (CRDI system) and BorgWarner AG (for the turbo and 4x4 drivetrain). Hyundai's partners in the CRDI project are Germans. I trust Germans more than the Japs. hehhee.

Of course I feel sorry for the Trooper owners since if im not mistaken, it's a bit expensive. Though i haven't really appreciated its design, isuzu's engine durability legacy was tainted by this model. I have several cousins who has the latest trooper but so far, none of them got infected with the injector problem yet. Hopefully they won't.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    TFR, the Outlander (together with the Pajero) is CBU from Japan. While the Endeavor is the one that is from the US.

Horsepower, 1.5M din ang Trooper nung nabili namin And if I'm not mistaken, the 4JX1-TC was introduced here year 2000. We got ours in 2003, and the problem with its injectors came out at around 2004-05.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
'07 CRV vs Outlander vs Fortuner