New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
    (Not what I expected for something that was meant for off-roading)
    That's because it wasn't meant for off-roading.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Alam niyo na pala pros and cons ng each so it's really up to you matching it with what you want most in the cuv. But I went through a similar experience just a couple of weeks ago and ended up with a Forester.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Keep em coming! Nice read!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Using another perspective, here's my take on the potential problems you might encounter with each model:

CR-V -- Aside from the horrid looks, another problem would be Honda's notoriously expensive aftersales service.

Fortuner -- A favorite staple of car thieves/carjackers.

Outlander -- I'm a Mitsu fanboy at heart, but with Outlander having the same engine as the Lancer Evolution, expect an obscene amount of fuel consumption.

For your budget, have you considered the Suzuki Grand Vitara? The base model costs only 1,203,000 for M/T, and 1,278,000 for A/T. The XSport variant costs 1,375,000. And if you're willing to stretch your budget just a little bit more, the top-of-the-line Luxury model costs 1,570,000.

And to top it off, the Grand Vitara promises, no, guarantees superb off-road performance.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; June 8th, 2007 at 08:22 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TFR View Post
    Opinions please. I'm planning to get a mini-SUV I have made my rounds and up to now cant make up my mind, since each has its pros and cons. I need your expert opnions and your experience on these 3 vehicles.
    These 3 are almost on the same price level, Top of the line CRV, Outlander GLS, and Fortuner 4x2 D4D. Please give me advise on which one to get.

This is what i know so far:
    Fortuner 4x2 D4D is the biggest of the three and offers CRDi engine and supposdly better mileage per peso, but I heard most people complain of harsh ride and it lacks the options offered by the other two e.g 4wd, traction control, stability control, auto leveling HID lights, folding side mirrors etc....
    4wd version is out of the question, 200k difference only goes out to the engine and tranny. Besides my budget is for the 1.4M bracket only

The CRV has a lot of options plus a Honda after sales service to boast off and a good reputation thats hard to ignore, being a satisfied honda owner before, but has the a styling that only a handful appreciates. How is the new 2.4L engine perform really? Mileage etc....

The Outlander is the est looking of the bunch, It has almost the same option as the CRV minus the seat cover and a lockable 4wd. It has the biggest engine and its here where my hesitation goes, How much does it consume as compared to the CRV's 2.4L? I have owned several mitsus before and sad to say their after sales service sucks and quality control on their vehicle is likewise poor.

So, if any of you lucky people owns any one or all three of these cars, share naman your opinion. Thanks in advance
    Have you considered the Santa Fe? Good value for money.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minero View Post
    +1 ako dito...quality and performance can match head to head to japs car or maybe surpas as what car expert say...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    suv are mostly fuel suckers. given yan so that this should not be a big factor. if you are willing to spend 1.4m, then you must be ready to feed your suv.
    at the end of the day, personal preference should prevail over external influence.

good luck sa choice mo

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minero View Post
    +1 din ako dito. used to look down on korean made cars but the sta fe made me a believer. spacious, build quality equal or better than jap standards, comfortable, great suspension and handling.

although the fortuner's ride is a bit too harsh, it certainly makes up for it with good and relatively affordable aftersales service. engine performance and reliability (gas) is top notch too.

personally, i think the new crv is a disappointment. more than a month after release and it still looks weird. aircon system is still based on the unreliable keihen compressor so don't expect your a/c to last as long as those based on sanden or denso parts. one good thing about the crv is the more fuel efficient (relative to the 2nd gen) bulletproof engine. ride quality's improved too. if you don't mind expensive aftersales service and splurging on compressor replacements every 2 or 3 years, get the CRV.

don't know anything about the outlander so my line-up would look like this:
    sta fe (hehe) > fortuner > CRV.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Outlander - Fortuner - Santa Fe - Rav4
    Last edited by finchy18; June 8th, 2007 at 11:15 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    1st - Outlander GLS
    2nd - 07 CRV 2.4L
    3rd - Fortuner

the sante fe or the g vitara is also a nice choice although lampas na sa 1.4m

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
'07 CRV vs Outlander vs Fortuner