New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yes, and if i am not mistaken, it's by Denso Japan, same brand used by the D-4D Toyota. I hope Mitsu Di-D wouldn't suffer the same fate.

The problem with the japs is that their technology (and often design) was mostly copied from the Europeans (often from the Germans), often without consent/license so it's mostly guesswork from the start. That's how it used to be, at least for the past decades. I'm not sure about the present.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Yes, and if i am not mistaken, it's by Denso Japan, same brand used by the D-4D Toyota. I hope Mitsu Di-D wouldn't suffer the same fate..
    the 2.0 Di-D used in the european market is not really from Mitsubishi... Its from Volkswagen.

the outlander is a waste of money.

it's not popular among the masses - so no satisfaction for you there.
    it's expensive - so you get to pay more with just about the same resale value as any other suv in the future
    it's a gas-guzzler - so you need to spend more fuel on the same kilometer

kahit saan ko tignan talo ako eh

tingin ko dyan para ka lang bumili ng high-end Samsung phone with all the best features and still nobody dares to give a 2nd-look kapag nasa dinner kayo ng barkada nyo sa gerry's hehehe
    waste of money??? only a fool would say this.

peope buy cars because its their choice... it meets their lifestyle and their needs. So telling them its a waste of money is kinda rude since you seem to point that they dont know how to buy cars to fit their preference.

thats because its not made to smile the masses or you. Owners buy them because they are more satisfied with the performance and it fits their lifestyle. You are so concious with what the masses think of you! Hmmm... I wonder what would an ordinary person say about your Sta Fe. "Ay maganda pero hyundai..." Not knowing that Hyundais are getting better but still you cant force people to put in their mind that Hyundais are now good.

You cant have the satisfaction because you can only look it in your two eyes. Its like were comparing a Maybach with a Ferrari.
    > Kids admire Ferrari and it brings a smile to the masses since its cool!
    > Kids dont admire the Outlander but when you ask an owner. You'll understand. It brings a smile to those who buy them. Hey we are talking about drivers, not masses.

the most interesting part is that it doesnt consume as much as other V6. And knowing that the Outlander should fit active sporty lifestyle. It should have a big engine to tease girls.

it's expensive - so you get to pay more with just about the same resale value as any other suv in the future
    Expensive? Yeah because you dont have the money yet since you already bought a new car. But if you put it in details. There is something that the Outlander can truly bring. Especially those things not mentioned in the brochure because it wont fit there.

For my lifestyle - an Outie would rock my world!
    When im old and I have still have many things to think about - a CR-V would be nice.
    Last edited by drey; June 10th, 2007 at 08:37 PM.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Me totally agrees with drey!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hey! that's kind of rude to the CRV owners. It's like saying they're old and debt-ridden. I don't drive a CRV btw, only my cousins. hehehehhee.

Anyway, I drive a SantaFe because it's my choice. I chose it over the Fortuner and the Alterra. Why? because of the technology under its hood. Of course, the Hyundai badge met a lot of opposition but eventually, it was granted. hehehehehehe.

I don't care whether the masses agree or approve what i drive. They can drop dead if they don't like me. I'm sick with too much attention already (if only KSPs know how wonderful it is to go unnoticed - but they're too busy begging for attention). I also don't have any "shortage" :naughty2: that i need to supplement with expensive/popular things. hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe :rofl:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW FYI the outlander is not cbu from japan but from the US as per dealers info
    Even if MMPI sources their Outlanders from the U.S., it's still made in Japan.

Much like those Mid-East spec Land Cruisers from the Middle East, yep, they're made in Japan, too. Just so happens the gray marketeers buy them from the Mid-East.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    the outlander is a waste of money.

kahit saan ko tignan talo ako eh

tingin ko dyan para ka lang bumili ng high-end Samsung phone with all the best features and still nobody dares to give a 2nd-look kapag nasa dinner kayo ng barkada nyo sa gerry's hehehe
    'Waste' is relative. Some people buy Php100,000 paintings and don't really consider it a waste.

Some of us here actually like being unpopular. Hence my love for driving our mommy-mobile Volvo 850 wagon. I can drive all day without seeing myself.

For all the loot that you get, the price of the Outlander is pretty reasonable. Value is not equal to resale value. If you are after resale, get a 'Yota or a Honda and enjoy your 5 years together (I assume it will be sold after).

For a V6 it gets decent economy. My brother's two ton non-MIVEC V6 Montero gets 5-7km/L in the urban cycle so I expect the lighter and more advanced Outlander to do the same.

No one gives a 2nd look at my Siemens M65 over dinner, too. But I'm pretty happy with it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    drey, otep

you hit it right.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sa isuzu naman kasi nagkakaproblem na din sa ibang asian countries tapos tinapon pa din dito. that's accdg. to the tsikoteer who filed and won a lawsuit against Isuzu here.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by TFR View Post
    Opinions please. I'm planning to get a mini-SUV I have made my rounds and up to now cant make up my mind, since each has its pros and cons. I need your expert opnions and your experience on these 3 vehicles.
    These 3 are almost on the same price level, Top of the line CRV, Outlander GLS, and Fortuner 4x2 D4D. Please give me advise on which one to get.

This is what i know so far:
    Fortuner 4x2 D4D is the biggest of the three and offers CRDi engine and supposdly better mileage per peso, but I heard most people complain of harsh ride and it lacks the options offered by the other two e.g 4wd, traction control, stability control, auto leveling HID lights, folding side mirrors etc....
    4wd version is out of the question, 200k difference only goes out to the engine and tranny. Besides my budget is for the 1.4M bracket only

The CRV has a lot of options plus a Honda after sales service to boast off and a good reputation thats hard to ignore, being a satisfied honda owner before, but has the a styling that only a handful appreciates. How is the new 2.4L engine perform really? Mileage etc....

The Outlander is the est looking of the bunch, It has almost the same option as the CRV minus the seat cover and a lockable 4wd. It has the biggest engine and its here where my hesitation goes, How much does it consume as compared to the CRV's 2.4L? I have owned several mitsus before and sad to say their after sales service sucks and quality control on their vehicle is likewise poor.

So, if any of you lucky people owns any one or all three of these cars, share naman your opinion. Thanks in advance
    think about your requirements and prioritize accordingly. then, evaluate how these vehicles relate to your needs. I'm not sure if your number 1 priority is cost, looks, features, fuel efficiency, realitability, aftersales support etc create a subcategory for those topics that have equal value, just to break the tie.

i think all three are great cars. its just how they rank up on your list.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i'd go for the outlander! i love everything about it!

just wondering why i don't see a lot of it on the roads...

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
'07 CRV vs Outlander vs Fortuner