New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    kung money is no question, pa-foil wrap mo. for xv siguro nasa 35k. sure naman no need for any wax. punas-punas lang, car wash lang every week ayos na. then when the time comes to sell it e peel off lang and the brand new paint is revealed underneath.

pero....

kahit ano ilagay mo dyan pag nadikitan ka ng motorcycle gasgas pa din yan.
    If I have to shell out to 35K for paint coating, then nevermind ;) That is just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Maybe because your Fiesta had tints that did not interfere with RF signals. Almost all metallic/reflective/magic tints will impede RFID/GPS/cellular signals to some degree so pick your front windshield tint carefully. If you don't have a preference for reflective tints, I suggest to just go with a non-interfering tint all around like the 3M CS (Color Stable) series. Looks good with no signal worries whatsoever.
    Probably, yes. I can live with manually picking up my EC Tag, opening the window, and swaying it outside until the sensor detects it if I need to. Are there any advantages of going with metallic/reflective/magic tints though?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    How much does a good waxing approximately cost for a CUV?
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I pay around 450 for the waxing of my FXT using that longer-lasting wax from my suki carwash. I pay 400 for my Fiesta.

Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post
    Solar Gard is Motor Image Pilipinas' standard tint. It's a US product, if I'm not mistaken.

Had the wrap-around tint (medium for all windows, but light for the front windshield). So far, so good. RFID doesn't work effectively through it, though.
    Yep, Motor Image uses Solar Gard. It's better than the free 3M tint offered by Honda on their new cars.

For the RFID on my FXT, they placed one on the headlight and another one on the top middle portion of the windshield.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I pay around 450 for the waxing of my FXT using that longer-lasting wax from my suki carwash. I pay 400 for my Fiesta.

Yep, Motor Image uses Solar Gard. It's better than the free 3M tint offered by Honda on their new cars.

For the RFID on my FXT, they placed one on the headlight and another one on the top middle portion of the windshield.
    When you say "they placed one on the headlight and another one on the too middle portion of the windshield", do you mean the tint installers were the one who put the RFID tags with cutouts?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    When you say "they placed one on the headlight and another one on the too middle portion of the windshield", do you mean the tint installers were the one who put the RFID tags with cutouts?

The tints were installed on the day when I took delivery of my FXT from Subaru BGC. The RFID personnel were the ones who placed the RFID tags on the vehicles.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The tints were installed on the day when I took delivery of my FXT from Subaru BGC. The RFID personnel were the ones who placed the RFID tags on the vehicles.
    What kind of RFID's are these? And what shade of tint did you go for?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What kind of RFID's are these? And what shade of tint did you go for?

It's the RFID for SLEX/Skyway/NAIAX. I don't have the EasyTrip for NLEX/SCTEX.

I use the medium shade for my tints on my rides. I forgot the specific Solar Gard code they used on my FXT. My Fiesta comes with Platinum tints. also medium shade.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since your ride is new, take the time to dust and wipe off the engine bay once a week. It goes a long way in keeping it clean.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    bro kevindd992002, sali ako ha. in the same fence as you din. looking at the 2018 XV.

would you guys recommended undercoating for brand new vehicles?

not looking at rustproofing na coz I read in another XV forum an official reply from subaru that their units have already undergone rustproofing.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1976 View Post
    bro kevindd992002, sali ako ha. in the same fence as you din. looking at the 2018 XV.

would you guys recommended undercoating for brand new vehicles?

not looking at rustproofing na coz I read in another XV forum an official reply from subaru that their units have already undergone rustproofing.
    Naku wag na kayo palagay ng rust proofing.. dirt magnet lang yan... spent 500 pesos for a bottle of goo gone to remove that black tar in my fortuner... shunga kasi SA sabi ko wag na lagyan..

Enjoy your brand new car muna.. later na yung upgrades! Mas enjoy yung unti unti ang upgrade! Pero unahin mo bumile ng magandang floor mats!
    Dont use air fresheners din

Tapos buy ka ng bottle jack sa Ace.. hehe joke lang yan.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Naku wag na kayo palagay ng rust proofing.. dirt magnet lang yan... spent 500 pesos for a bottle of goo gone to remove that black tar in my fortuner... shunga kasi SA sabi ko wag na lagyan..

Enjoy your brand new car muna.. later na yung upgrades! Mas enjoy yung unti unti ang upgrade! Pero unahin mo bumile ng magandang floor mats!
    Dont use air fresheners din

Tapos buy ka ng bottle jack sa Ace.. hehe joke lang yan.
    What kinds of shade is recommended for cars? I read something like light shades for front and rear windshield, medium for driver and passenger side windows, and dark for the two rear windows. Is that a wise decision? Hindi naman magmumukhang hindi pantay pantay?

Also, are mirror-like (quantum magic series) recommended over the standard graphite super black series?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast