New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    I already put a reservation fee for the 2018 Subaru XVand this will be the first car that I'll buy with my money. Since the parking area in our condo residence is an open one, I'm worried about the paint of the car. I'm a car noob, btw.

So what do I need to do immediately after getting the car? I'm hearing something about glass, ceramic, etc. but I don't really know understand these in-depth.

Can you guys help me please? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Buy a car cover, the waterproof kind.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    My SA said he'll throw in a car cover already. I'm not sure if that's enough though. I'm more interested in paint protection.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Build a roof in your parking slot if thats possible. if not, get a good all weather car cover for your XV

Apply Collinite 476 wax asap when u get your car.

Then research more about paint protection and maintenance. There are other things you could do such as ceramic coating but its pricey.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    a good wax if budget is limited. it lasts several weeks/months. kung nakaipon ka na. go for the hard coats.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Drive it like you stole it! Hehehehe...

Kidding aside, I park my rides in the open or in semi-covered spaces. I just have them waxed regularly though not weekly.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Sven View Post
    Build a roof in your parking slot if thats possible. if not, get a good all weather car cover for your XV

Apply Collinite 476 wax asap when u get your car.

Then research more about paint protection and maintenance. There are other things you could do such as ceramic coating but its pricey.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    It's not possible to build anything over a parking slot in a condo residence.

Thanks for the wax recommendation.

Is ceramic coating the same as glass coating? Can you give me a ball park figure on how much it costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    a good wax if budget is limited. it lasts several weeks/months. kung nakaipon ka na. go for the hard coats.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Hard coats are things like ceramic/glass coating, correct? And that's a one-time application that will protect the paint without doing any regular waxing maintenance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Drive it like you stole it! Hehehehe...

Kidding aside, I park my rides in the open or in semi-covered spaces. I just have them waxed regularly though not weekly.
    You bet I will! Hehe.

How often is "regularly" for you?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ceramic/glass coatings will last you anywhere from 1-3 years. I have a friend who does glass coatings and he admits thst the 5 year longevity that many shops advertise is a best-case scenario.

For an XV they'd range from around 8-15k depending on the product/package.

Personally, I think it's a tad expensive and I usually just have monthly (or quarterly) waxes for my car. I'm on the road a lot so even if I have a covered garage at home, my cars have always taken a beating from the elements. None of them have showed premature paint deterioriation.

Congrats on the new car btw! Looks like your heart was really beating for the pleiades. 😉

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

You bet I will! Hehe.

How often is "regularly" for you?

I wax my cars every quarter. My suki carwash uses the type of wax that's good for 3 months and I just have them buff it for an even finish.

You can also join the SFX Facebook group. It's an online community for Forester and XV owners.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    So what do I need to do immediately after getting the car?

I would:

1: Wash (2-bucket method with good MF pads and towels)
    2: Clay
    3: Check for dealer-induced swirl marks, have paint corrected if it has swirl marks (Compound/Polish by machine)
    4: Apply a durable sealant (Re-apply annually)
    5: Apply wax (Re-apply weekly/monthly/quarterly or as desired)
    6: Enjoy your new ride

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast