New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Eto mga natanong ko. 10k to 50k. Thats for a honda city btw. Im guessing mas mahal sa XV

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    if i have a new car?

- i'll invest in a premium tint. for the better visibility, heat rejection, cabin comfort and cooler temp inside the cabin. heat rejection properties of a good tint will also help in preserving the interiors of the car especially plastic trims which deteriorates/fades in due time due to heat.

- i'll invest in a good paint protection program. either the usual wash/polish/wax or the glass/ceramic coating will do. for condo living, i think go for the coating since its more convenient, less time consuming to maintain than the usual wash and wax regimen. if you opted for the usual wash/wax thing, invest in a good lint-free microfiber towels and carnauba wax. learn the proper washing too to minimize swirls and hairline scratches.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Ceramic/glass coatings will last you anywhere from 1-3 years. I have a friend who does glass coatings and he admits thst the 5 year longevity that many shops advertise is a best-case scenario.

For an XV they'd range from around 8-15k depending on the product/package.

Personally, I think it's a tad expensive and I usually just have monthly (or quarterly) waxes for my car. I'm on the road a lot so even if I have a covered garage at home, my cars have always taken a beating from the elements. None of them have showed premature paint deterioriation.

Congrats on the new car btw! Looks like your heart was really beating for the pleiades. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Got it. Do you have a recommended shop that does good waxing for the car?

Thanks! I just couldn't stop thinking of the XV. I've yet to test drive the 2018 XV as I'm currently out of town but I couldn't risk not having one unit reserved for me. I like the Civic RS Turbo too but the features of the new XV are just more appealing to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I wax my cars every quarter. My suki carwash uses the type of wax that's good for 3 months and I just have them buff it for an even finish.

You can also join the SFX Facebook group. It's an online community for Forester and XV owners.
    How much does a good waxing approximately cost for a CUV?
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    I would:

1: Wash (2-bucket method with good MF pads and towels)
    2: Clay
    3: Check for dealer-induced swirl marks, have paint corrected if it has swirl marks (Compound/Polish by machine)
    4: Apply a durable sealant (Re-apply annually)
    5: Apply wax (Re-apply weekly/monthly/quarterly or as desired)
    6: Enjoy your new ride
    I'm sorry, like I said I'm a car noob so I don't understand most of what you just said in your post I'd rather pay for my car to be serviced rather than doing maintaining the paint manually though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sven View Post
    Eto mga natanong ko. 10k to 50k. Thats for a honda city btw. Im guessing mas mahal sa XV

So I take it that Ceramic is better than Glass coating because it's more expensive?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Im not really sure whats the difference between the 2 hehe. I find it really expensive i didnt bother reading further. That amount pde ka na magpa repaint ng buong kotse.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    if i have a new car?

- i'll invest in a premium tint. for the better visibility, heat rejection, cabin comfort and cooler temp inside the cabin. heat rejection properties of a good tint will also help in preserving the interiors of the car especially plastic trims which deteriorates/fades in due time due to heat.

- i'll invest in a good paint protection program. either the usual wash/polish/wax or the glass/ceramic coating will do. for condo living, i think go for the coating since its more convenient, less time consuming to maintain than the usual wash and wax regimen. if you opted for the usual wash/wax thing, invest in a good lint-free microfiber towels and carnauba wax. learn the proper washing too to minimize swirls and hairline scratches.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to ask about tint. My SA said that the tint that will come as free with my XV would be the brand Solar Guard. Is that one of the premium ones? I imagine not because it's free. Additional questions about tint:

1) What type of tint should I get? Just the medium shade one? Our Ford Fiesta has a very dark tint to the point that it's already very hard to see the outside environment while night driving.

2) Aside from the standard tint placement on the 4 windows, where else should I have it installed?

If I go with ceramic/glass coating, then there's no need to have it regularly waxed, right? Would a regular car wash every now and then do?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006

7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot to ask about tint. My SA said that the tint that will come as free with my XV would be the brand Solar Guard. Is that one of the premium ones? I imagine not because it's free. Additional questions about tint:

1) What type of tint should I get? Just the medium shade one? Our Ford Fiesta has a very dark tint to the point that it's already very hard to see the outside environment while night driving.

2) Aside from the standard tint placement on the 4 windows, where else should I have it installed?

If I go with ceramic/glass coating, then there's no need to have it regularly waxed, right? Would a regular car wash every now and then do?

Solar Gard is Motor Image Pilipinas' standard tint. It's a US product, if I'm not mistaken.

Had the wrap-around tint (medium for all windows, but light for the front windshield). So far, so good. RFID doesn't work effectively through it, though.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Thanks. As far as I want to believe (I really do so that I can just set aside the money as savings), there's always the other side of the story. The comments alone on that video say otherwise (they believe in paint protection). But I'm all ears here.

Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post
    Solar Gard is Motor Image Pilipinas' standard tint. It's a US product, if I'm not mistaken.

Had the wrap-around tint (medium for all windows, but light for the front windshield). So far, so good. RFID doesn't work effectively through it, though.
    Right. According to my SA, here are the available options for the Solar Gard tint:

Dropbox - viber image.jpg

Not sure which one to pick yet. How ineffective is the RFID when the front windshield is installed with tint? I use an EC Tag when I travel in NLEX and I didn't notice it being ineffective with our heavily-tinted Ford Fiesta.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung money is no question, pa-foil wrap mo. for xv siguro nasa 35k. sure naman no need for any wax. punas-punas lang, car wash lang every week ayos na. then when the time comes to sell it e peel off lang and the brand new paint is revealed underneath.

pero....

kahit ano ilagay mo dyan pag nadikitan ka ng motorcycle gasgas pa din yan.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Not sure which one to pick yet. How ineffective is the RFID when the front windshield is installed with tint? I use an EC Tag when I travel in NLEX and I didn't notice it being ineffective with our heavily-tinted Ford Fiesta.
    Maybe because your Fiesta had tints that did not interfere with RF signals. Almost all metallic/reflective/magic tints will impede RFID/GPS/cellular signals to some degree so pick your front windshield tint carefully. If you don't have a preference for reflective tints, I suggest to just go with a non-interfering tint all around like the 3M CS (Color Stable) series. Looks good with no signal worries whatsoever.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast