New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    15yr requisite would automatically omit CVTs.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sobrang underwhelming ng current Altis. Not just because of the usb port placement (which is a very, very easy fix anyway that doesn't void warranty).

You'd expect it to push the envelope vs the 4 year old Civic but it has a weaker engine (with roughly the same consumption), underwhelming head unit, smaller legroom, and plain looks.

Just as a Corolla can last 15 years easily, so can a Civic (just look at how prevalent EK Civics are until today).

If you'll end up getting a sedan anyway, go for the Civic. But as someone with 3 sedans in our garage, you'd be better off having your second car as a crossover/PPV.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    15yr requisite would automatically omit CVTs.

Willing to wager that current CVTs will last 15 years with proper maintenance. Otherwise they wouldn't have gone mainstream.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    You did say this is a coding car, so I'd get something different from a sedan.

Limited garage space, usually with no passengers, and like something with higher ride height? Jimny!

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    You did say this is a coding car, so I'd get something different from a sedan.

Limited garage space, usually with no passengers, and like something with higher ride height? Jimny!

Coding car would equate to same car/variant , different plate number?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Labo na coding car but in a separate post it will be used 99.9% of the time? So maybe it's the FB Civic that'll be the coding car and this'll be the new primary car.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Labo na coding car but in a separate post it will be used 99.9% of the time? So maybe it's the FB Civic that'll be the coding car and this'll be the new primary car.

Hmm probably he meant he will be the only one driving the car 99.9% of the time and not any other person.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Willing to wager that current CVTs will last 15 years with proper maintenance. Otherwise they wouldn't have gone mainstream.

CVTs going mainstream is part of planned obsolescence guised as advancement. The required added periodic maintenance would mean increased ownership expense & dealership dependence....And should they implode beyond warranty? Non-rebuildable, even more out of pocket. I'd rather stick to my preference for trusted reparable MTs/conventional ATs than play sucker to them manufacturers. All IMHO.
    CVTs...Thanks, but no thanks, sir...not yet, while choices abound....And gambling isn't amongst my vices.Help me choose a coding car

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    CVTs going mainstream is part of planned obsolescence guised as advancement. The required added periodic maintenance would mean increased ownership expense & dealership dependence....And should they implode beyond warranty? Non-rebuildable, even more out of pocket. I'd rather stick to my preference for trusted reparable MTs/conventional ATs than play sucker to them manufacturers. All IMHO.
    CVTs...Thanks, but no thanks, sir...not yet, while choices abound....And gambling isn't amongst my vices.Help me choose a coding car

So yung libo libong Vios, City, Mirage na nasa daan ngayon hindi aabot ng 10-15 years?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Sorry can't reply to everyone. Thanks sa mga suggestions. I'll go visit some dealers to get my test drives in.

Yes ako lang magisa gagamit 99% of the time. Coding car just means I need a car for days na d ko pwede ilabas current car ko. Twice a week to since wednesday coding ko at night shift ako. Yan ung minimum atleast. Either I buy a car na mainly used twice a week or palit sila ng civic ko and my civic becomes the coding car used twice a week.

Mainly looking at crossovers and hatches para maiba naman, pero wala kasi masyadong crossover/hatch. Mas madami ung 7-seater mini suvs than 5-seater crossovers/hatches

On the CVTs, agree ako, kinda don't want to get a CVT if I can help it. Pero most cars now are CVTs, lamang sa choice ko Vitara vs HR-V mainly because it's conventional AT. But doing more research halos lahat ng CVTs na nasisira are Nissan kaya un lang ayaw ko na CVT. I think Subaru have been using CVTs since 2013, I did look at the XV before I bought the civic, CVT na un and wala naman ako nababasa na problem with that.

My list right now looks like this
    1. Civic
    2. Seltos - Thanks to Jut703, I'm good with that type of key so balik na ito sa list ko.
    3. Jimny
    4. Second-hand
    5. HR-V
    6. Jazz/City
    7. Altis
    8. Vitara

I'll ask Toyota if they have a workaround for the dashcam. I like the exterior of the Altis, pero true hindi maganda interior. Jimny, hay...nakakainis cya, gusto ko cya in that kakaiba cya. I get a 4x4, it's cute and well built. pero ang mahal for a toy.

I think I'll give 2nd hands another look. Middle of last year nagcheck ako and they seem to be taking advantage of the train law, my '13 civic is around 700k...lol 850k lang bili ko nung 2013...Did a quick look at carmudi and the 2016 Mazda 6 is at 900k which is a very good price and swak pa ung plate sa gusto ko na coding day... looks like the prices are settling after the initial wave of train.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast