New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by drphph View Post
    Planning to get a 2nd car by this august and would like some help choosing.

Requirements:
    • AT - prefer conventional, pero I'll take CVT basta hindi nissan
    • Longevity/durability/reliability - planning to keep the car for 15yrs/150,000km
    • Driver's car - Owner driven, gusto ko #1 ang driver kung hindi #1 tied at #1
    • Push Start button and rear view camera. Or atleast a switch blade key kung walang push start
    • center console high enough to support my leg. - Test drive a Brio and sumakit paa ko dahil walang masandalan so want something na may masasandalan ang legs ko.
    • Power adjustable side mirrors

Budget - 1.2m max
    Current car - 2013 Civic. No plans to sell

Initially choosing between Vitara and HR-V pero with suzuki putting vitara on life support, kinda drop na cya sa list ko. HR-V I think is too expensive for me but I love the deep cockpit. Looking at it, current civic (1.8e) seems to be the best choice pero magmumukha akong civic fanboy if I drive 2 civics, back to back generation pa...nothing wrong with it I guess, pero I want to keep this as last resort.

I'm also looking at the Jazz and City, pero thinking about it kinda not worth the 1m price tag. Maybe bababa ito with the new Jazz around the corner and honda no longer manufacturing the City in PH, still though unless bumaba ito ng ~900k, I think much better buy ang civic. I rather get a city than a vios for the same price though, no offence...

I think out na ang Altis since nakatago ang 12v and usb sa loob ng armrest. I need this for the Dashcam, unless may offered work around si Toyota?

I'm not considering the mini MPVs like rush, xpander and br-v, dahil I won't be carrying people in it and I want a fun car. Unless you guys have insight on these cars that they are fun to drive.

Mazda is out due to needing deep cycle batteries and very expensive prices. May deep cycle batteries ba sa labas ng casa? My friend that has a CX-5 told me motolite does not offer Mazda batteries outside of casa...basically ielope is a nightmare and kakainin lng ng battery savings mo sa gas.

China made cars are out due to longevity, seriously I don't want to gamble at this time. And maybe medyo politics pero the next president may take away the free trade agreement with china. Sa mga taga manila alam nyo naman nangyari sa roxas and carriedo during Atienza then what happened when Lim took over again. The Lavida is tempting though but with ancient platform (from 1996), I don't think so. Coolray is cool, pero from reviews, it's not a fun car, just a very high-tech car.

Hyundai is out too due to HARI.

I'm interested in Pick-ups pero I think they are too wide for my office parking (2m lang ang width sa office parking) and too long for my home parking (10m length x ~3m width stacked parking 4.6m na civic so medyo bumber to bumber ito). I can try to borrow a pick-up from a friend to see kung kakasya if these are better for me. Pero prices are very tempting.

Sorry kung mas madami ako tinnaggal kesa sa kinonsider, pero I wanted a reliable car that will not give me headache for the next 15yrs. So wanted safe choices and don't want shouting matches with casa or going all over manila to find parts. And I also think I was spoiled by the civic kahit na ito ung worst generation ng civic, I find madami considerations na ginawa honda sa interior deisgn na I don't think I can live without.

Salamat sa lahat ng bumasa at magcocomment.
    get an innova.
    even a pre-owned one.

oops!
    did you say, 2 meters wide lang ang office parking ninyo!
    in that case, you are fated to drive a small car.
    mebbe the non-totl city.
    or the totl wigo or mirage. malaki pa sukli ninyo.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 8th, 2020 at 04:47 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Sir can we narrow down your choices?

So you’re not into ppv/pick-up...

You’re in the market for sedan/cross-over...

For 1.2M may brand new na yan for sedan and crossover...

For crossover-
    CRV, pwede ka maka kuha second hand since na cross-out mo na si cx-5...

For Sedan-
    Try mazda-6 second hand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    He's going to use the vehicle for 10-15 years ... better to buy brand new ...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a coding car used for 15 years, will probably get less wear than a daily driver used for 5 years.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Among the choices ... the Suzuki Jimny is one of the few that's tried and tested ...
    Jimny gets my vote. Drove & checked workmate's just-delivered. Simple electronics, easy to own/use/maintain. Fun stock or project. Retro & will likely be a classic.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Voting for the HR-V

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    For this topic, makasedan pa din ako tlga pero konto lang ata sedan na may rear backup camera. MG 3 lang ata but do correct me if i am wrong.
    Civic has a rear backup camera - even has the lane markers that adjust as you move the steering wheel.

Mazda 3 also has a rear backup camera, so does the 12th gen Altis.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Kung ako nasa position mo Civic pa rin pipiliin ko, 'di bale ng parehas na Civic sasakyan o masabing fanboy eh kung lahat naman talaga ng gusto ko nandoon na 'di ba?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sive View Post
    Kung ako nasa position mo Civic pa rin pipiliin ko, 'di bale ng parehas na Civic sasakyan o masabing fanboy eh kung lahat naman talaga ng gusto ko nandoon na 'di ba?
    i agree.
    if you like your current civic,
    get another one and double your like!
    para plaka na lang ang mag-de-decide kung ano ang ilalabas mo today...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    15 years? I'd get a Toyota and explore for that workaround you were mentioning.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast