New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Being scared of things made in China is the irony of things nowadays. Almost everything is made in China now - TVs, phones, shoes, clothes, electronics, etc. Cars made in China have come a long way, same as cars made in Korea. Most cars available locally are made in Thailand with only a few Japanese models built whole (CBU) from Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drphph View Post
    Yup, don't want to do a tap for warranty purposes unless toyota is willing to do it for me. I think the Mazda2 still has no i-eloop. I can go check with Mazda or I can call motolite and see if they will replace a mazda battery hehehe.

I'll go see if Kia has a seltos for test drive. Wala kasi brochure si Kia sa site nila so I can't really decide on Kia cars. Based on Autodeal specs walang push start button ung LX and EX trims. I know not neccessary pero like I said I was spoiled by the civic with the switch blade key and gusto ko ung key nakatago...

I like the high ride and flood wading of pick-ups, pero realistically, I can count the number of times I wish I had a higher ride on one hand in my 6 yrs of driving in the metro...

I'm more scared of "made in china" than how it drives or rides. It's very tempting, it has good paper specs, the tech is solid, the looks are there for both interior and exterior and very well priced. Just not sure if a chinese car can stand the test of time and do I want to give them my money for them to prove themselves to me. I guess I can give it a look in the showroom and ask for a test drive, see if I will be excited with the car and if it will be worth the gamble. Worst case if it turns out to be a lemon, I have my civic to fall back on and find a replacement for the coolray.
    The lower end Seltos variants have flip keys if that's your biggest concern.

The Jimny is another good choice especially as a coding car. Yes it's cramped, not comfortable, and doesn't have push button ignition, but it's a very iconic car that also has high ground clearance and a reputation for reliability.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I know the pick-up is different. I'm not sure actually if I want a pick-up, pero I think I can live without it being a driver's car kung ang kapalit naman ay higher ride, flood wading and tougher car. I know different types pero the trade-offs are a consideration for me.

Ang ayaw ko lang talaga are the MPVs because I don't want to feel like a "driver" just driving those on the middle row from point A to B. It's a car that I will be driving 99.9999% of the time, so I want it to be about me and not some imaginary passengers in the middle row. And I have ridden on an Avanza taxi and the ride is horrible and I feel like most of the Avanza like MPVs will have the same ride.

I can check Mazda again if they really don't need the deep cycles anymore. Pero I think over sa budget ko all their offerings except for the Mazda 2.

I'm not sure what to think of the Jimny, on one hand it's different and I agree a good novelty car and it's a cheap 4x4 (not that I plan to go off-road). Pero on the other hand I think it's too much money for a toy car.

For the swift, if only Suzuki kept the old 1.5 or gave us the turbo. I think Suzuki is asking too much at 900k for a 1.2 (Jazz says hi), pero I also read on swift thread that suzuki is giving 100k discount and at 800k it's an ok deal so...
    Jimny! Mazda CX3 & 2(choose hatch[emoji4]) are the iStop-free kodos. Any of these 3.[emoji106] Not considering used?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Being scared of things made in China is the irony of things nowadays. Almost everything is made in China now - TVs, phones, shoes, clothes, electronics, etc. Cars made in China have come a long way, same as cars made in Korea. Most cars available locally are made in Thailand with only a few Japanese models built whole (CBU) from Japan.

China lang talaga ako takot. Thailand is fine. Maybe iba experience mo with China, pero almost everything I have that is made in china break very early or has problems.

I got an Oppo Find 7a, mainboard broke after 2 weeks, they replaced it then broke again after <1yr. Ayaw na nila palitan kasi daw ginamit ko ung rom na binigay ng Oppo Global instead of keeping it with the rom provided by Oppo PH. Madami din software issues...
    The only HDD I have that broke is a seagate made in china. Doon ko lng napansin na lahat ng WD ko made in thailand or was it indonesia, ung SG lang ang China at un lang ang nasira ever. Warrantied yes pero still...
    I have a china earphone (rock it sounds R-50) broke <1yr, natunaw ung wire. Replaced under warranty, natunaw ulit, ubos na warranty so wala na... Makes really good sounds and cheap while it works though...
    Bought a dashcam in lazada, very cheap 700 lang ata. Hindi na nagrerecord hindi ko pa alam.
    Me and my friends who are techies would not want any made in china inside our PC. It's not worth the risk, wala ako china sa PC ko, mostly taiwan...

I have lots more, maybe reverse kind of survivor bias, dunno...

Though saying that, I have a Oneplus 7 pro right now... pero much easier to commit on a 45k phone expecting it to last 2 years than a 1m car expecting it to last 15yrs of happy driving... and it's still <1yr so we'll see. Pero even now, wala na supplied accessories for 7pro mostly 7t na...not sure if this will translate to cars na pag dumating next gen phase out na lahat ng previous gen...

And I'm still using a china made dashcam (Viofo) and this one seems to be good. But again <1yr palang...

Saying all that, I think reliability is a question of reputation, China has a reputation of selling us crap so I expect these cars to be crap as well. I have friends who tell me china kept all good things for themselves and they have good stuffs but only export those they do not want. If that is the case, what makes these cars different? I know now is a good time to buy a china branded car while they are trying to gain market share by giving very good deals pero 1m is a very big commitment. It's not like a phone na <50k. Same goes for 15yrs, it's a long time...

If I have the money to burn or is only looking at owning the car for 5yrs, I will consider china no problem. Pero I want one that will last 15yrs kasi I would like to own the car instead of having a constant car loan bill forever. And that is where my problem is, I ended choosing only between reputable brands and unfortunately they are more expensive precisely because they know they have the advantage.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I'm not sure what to think of the Jimny, on one hand it's different and I agree a good novelty car and it's a cheap 4x4 (not that I plan to go off-road). Pero on the other hand I think it's too much money for a toy car.

If you consider the Suzuki Jimny's resale value after 10 years ... you'll find it's actually more value for money than a Honda Civic ...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Being scared of things made in China is the irony of things nowadays. Almost everything is made in China now - TVs, phones, shoes, clothes, electronics, etc. Cars made in China have come a long way, same as cars made in Korea. Most cars available locally are made in Thailand with only a few Japanese models built whole (CBU) from Japan.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... and then you hear in the news about a building collapsing in China ...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you want to be safe with such a budget, get a Civic. Or maybe get a pickup at that price.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If I have the money to burn or is only looking at owning the car for 5yrs, I will consider china no problem. Pero I want one that will last 15yrs kasi I would like to own the car instead of having a constant car loan bill forever.

Among the choices ... the Suzuki Jimny is one of the few that's tried and tested ...

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    ... and then you hear in the news about a building collapsing in China ...
    Saw that news article yesterday.
    Ang hindi lang vetted is yung claim sa nabasa ko na 'ginagalaw daw ng mayari yung foundation' habang may gumagamit ng building.

Dun lang ako medyo nagtaka kung anu ba talaga nangyayari.

For this topic, makasedan pa din ako tlga pero konto lang ata sedan na may rear backup camera. MG 3 lang ata but do correct me if i am wrong.

Nung wala pa Coolray sa market, BRV ang top pick ko as something that i can use, has ample enough power compared to the equivalent competition, practical 5 seater, rarely to be used as an emergency 7 seater, if at all.

Not sure if it ticks all your boxes.

Good luck sa car shopping.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Lahat na gawa sa China, pati virus gawa doon. Hahaha

Seriously though, best to shop around and look for the best car that sings to your heart. Since it is a coding car, you can look at some used ones for half of that 1.2M budget. If you’re going the whole nine yards with that budget for something used, you can buy a BRZ or WRX.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast