New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Planning to get a 2nd car by this august and would like some help choosing.

Requirements:
    • AT - prefer conventional, pero I'll take CVT basta hindi nissan
    • Longevity/durability/reliability - planning to keep the car for 15yrs/150,000km
    • Driver's car - Owner driven, gusto ko #1 ang driver kung hindi #1 tied at #1
    • Push Start button and rear view camera. Or atleast a switch blade key kung walang push start
    • center console high enough to support my leg. - Test drive a Brio and sumakit paa ko dahil walang masandalan so want something na may masasandalan ang legs ko.
    • Power adjustable side mirrors

Budget - 1.2m max
    Current car - 2013 Civic. No plans to sell

Initially choosing between Vitara and HR-V pero with suzuki putting vitara on life support, kinda drop na cya sa list ko. HR-V I think is too expensive for me but I love the deep cockpit. Looking at it, current civic (1.8e) seems to be the best choice pero magmumukha akong civic fanboy if I drive 2 civics, back to back generation pa...nothing wrong with it I guess, pero I want to keep this as last resort.

I'm also looking at the Jazz and City, pero thinking about it kinda not worth the 1m price tag. Maybe bababa ito with the new Jazz around the corner and honda no longer manufacturing the City in PH, still though unless bumaba ito ng ~900k, I think much better buy ang civic. I rather get a city than a vios for the same price though, no offence...

I think out na ang Altis since nakatago ang 12v and usb sa loob ng armrest. I need this for the Dashcam, unless may offered work around si Toyota?

I'm not considering the mini MPVs like rush, xpander and br-v, dahil I won't be carrying people in it and I want a fun car. Unless you guys have insight on these cars that they are fun to drive.

Mazda is out due to needing deep cycle batteries and very expensive prices. May deep cycle batteries ba sa labas ng casa? My friend that has a CX-5 told me motolite does not offer Mazda batteries outside of casa...basically ielope is a nightmare and kakainin lng ng battery savings mo sa gas.

China made cars are out due to longevity, seriously I don't want to gamble at this time. And maybe medyo politics pero the next president may take away the free trade agreement with china. Sa mga taga manila alam nyo naman nangyari sa roxas and carriedo during Atienza then what happened when Lim took over again. The Lavida is tempting though but with ancient platform (from 1996), I don't think so. Coolray is cool, pero from reviews, it's not a fun car, just a very high-tech car.

Hyundai is out too due to HARI.

I'm interested in Pick-ups pero I think they are too wide for my office parking (2m lang ang width sa office parking) and too long for my home parking (10m length x ~3m width stacked parking 4.6m na civic so medyo bumber to bumber ito). I can try to borrow a pick-up from a friend to see kung kakasya if these are better for me. Pero prices are very tempting.

Sorry kung mas madami ako tinnaggal kesa sa kinonsider, pero I wanted a reliable car that will not give me headache for the next 15yrs. So wanted safe choices and don't want shouting matches with casa or going all over manila to find parts. And I also think I was spoiled by the civic kahit na ito ung worst generation ng civic, I find madami considerations na ginawa honda sa interior deisgn na I don't think I can live without.

Salamat sa lahat ng bumasa at magcocomment.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    HRV na pinakamatino sa choice mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Medyo mahirap ma-meet requirements mo. Hehehe

Toyota altis - walang usb power outlet/cigar lighter sa dashboard? You can take power from the fuse box, though i think you don’t want to do that.

Mazda 2/3 - can you get a model without the i-eloop / startstop system? Then you wont need the deep cycle batteries anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drphph View Post
    Planning to get a 2nd car by this august and would like some help choosing.

Requirements:
    • AT - prefer conventional, pero I'll take CVT basta hindi nissan
    • Longevity/durability/reliability - planning to keep the car for 15yrs/150,000km
    • Driver's car - Owner driven, gusto ko #1 ang driver kung hindi #1 tied at #1
    • Push Start button and rear view camera. Or atleast a switch blade key kung walang push start
    • center console high enough to support my leg. - Test drive a Brio and sumakit paa ko dahil walang masandalan so want something na may masasandalan ang legs ko.
    • Power adjustable side mirrors

Budget - 1.2m max
    Current car - 2013 Civic. No plans to sell

Initially choosing between Vitara and HR-V pero with suzuki putting vitara on life support, kinda drop na cya sa list ko. HR-V I think is too expensive for me but I love the deep cockpit. Looking at it, current civic (1.8e) seems to be the best choice pero magmumukha akong civic fanboy if I drive 2 civics, back to back generation pa...nothing wrong with it I guess, pero I want to keep this as last resort.

I'm also looking at the Jazz and City, pero thinking about it kinda not worth the 1m price tag. Maybe bababa ito with the new Jazz around the corner and honda no longer manufacturing the City in PH, still though unless bumaba ito ng ~900k, I think much better buy ang civic. I rather get a city than a vios for the same price though, no offence...

I think out na ang Altis since nakatago ang 12v and usb sa loob ng armrest. I need this for the Dashcam, unless may offered work around si Toyota?

I'm not considering the mini MPVs like rush, xpander and br-v, dahil I won't be carrying people in it and I want a fun car. Unless you guys have insight on these cars that they are fun to drive.

Mazda is out due to needing deep cycle batteries and very expensive prices. May deep cycle batteries ba sa labas ng casa? My friend that has a CX-5 told me motolite does not offer Mazda batteries outside of casa...basically ielope is a nightmare and kakainin lng ng battery savings mo sa gas.

China made cars are out due to longevity, seriously I don't want to gamble at this time. And maybe medyo politics pero the next president may take away the free trade agreement with china. Sa mga taga manila alam nyo naman nangyari sa roxas and carriedo during Atienza then what happened when Lim took over again. The Lavida is tempting though but with ancient platform (from 1996), I don't think so. Coolray is cool, pero from reviews, it's not a fun car, just a very high-tech car.

Hyundai is out too due to HARI.

I'm interested in Pick-ups pero I think they are too wide for my office parking (2m lang ang width sa office parking) and too long for my home parking (10m length x ~3m width stacked parking 4.6m na civic so medyo bumber to bumber ito). I can try to borrow a pick-up from a friend to see kung kakasya if these are better for me. Pero prices are very tempting.

Sorry kung mas madami ako tinnaggal kesa sa kinonsider, pero I wanted a reliable car that will not give me headache for the next 15yrs. So wanted safe choices and don't want shouting matches with casa or going all over manila to find parts. And I also think I was spoiled by the civic kahit na ito ung worst generation ng civic, I find madami considerations na ginawa honda sa interior deisgn na I don't think I can live without.

Salamat sa lahat ng bumasa at magcocomment.
    The Kia Seltos ticks your requirements nicely.

Feature-packed car for the price. Has a CVT (Kia calls it IVT) but has a better execution than older CVTs.

Handling isn't as good as the FC Civic but your current FB Civic isn't a driver's car either so if that's the benchmark then the Seltos should be fine.

Good choice veering away from pickups - unnecessary unless you really need the bed. I had a pickup before but definitely enjoy driving my sedans and crossover more whether in the city or on mountain roads.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    civic. don't create artificial restrictions

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Test drive the Coolray first before handing it any final judgement. It is the quickest among the subcompact crossovers, even quicker than most compact or subcompact sedans on the market (except for the Civic RS). I have a Mitsu ASX with a 2.0L gas engine and it feels sluggish compared to the Coolray.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    He wants a driver's car and yet considered a pickup? ... Maybe his definition of a driver's car is somewhat different ... Kia Seltos as suggested by Jut is a good option ... AFAIK, the new Mazda CX-5s don't have iStop anymore ... or was it the Mazda CX-3? ... there's also the Suzuki Swift ... and the Suzuki Jimny ... not a driver's car but it's a good novelty car ... easy to park, holds resale value really well even after 10 years, suited to our roads ...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With a budget of 1.2M, you have limited options. If you want everything on it, even less choices.

A practical choice is a subcompact car like a City or Jazz - fuel efficient, easy to maintain, and easy to sell later on.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Medyo mahirap ma-meet requirements mo. Hehehe

Toyota altis - walang usb power outlet/cigar lighter sa dashboard? You can take power from the fuse box, though i think you donÂ’t want to do that.

Mazda 2/3 - can you get a model without the i-eloop / startstop system? Then you wont need the deep cycle batteries anymore.

Yup, don't want to do a tap for warranty purposes unless toyota is willing to do it for me. I think the Mazda2 still has no i-eloop. I can go check with Mazda or I can call motolite and see if they will replace a mazda battery hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Kia Seltos ticks your requirements nicely.

Feature-packed car for the price. Has a CVT (Kia calls it IVT) but has a better execution than older CVTs.

Handling isn't as good as the FC Civic but your current FB Civic isn't a driver's car either so if that's the benchmark then the Seltos should be fine.

Good choice veering away from pickups - unnecessary unless you really need the bed. I had a pickup before but definitely enjoy driving my sedans and crossover more whether in the city or on mountain roads.
    I'll go see if Kia has a seltos for test drive. Wala kasi brochure si Kia sa site nila so I can't really decide on Kia cars. Based on Autodeal specs walang push start button ung LX and EX trims. I know not neccessary pero like I said I was spoiled by the civic with the switch blade key and gusto ko ung key nakatago...

I like the high ride and flood wading of pick-ups, pero realistically, I can count the number of times I wish I had a higher ride on one hand in my 6 yrs of driving in the metro...

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Test drive the Coolray first before handing it any final judgement. It is the quickest among the subcompact crossovers, even quicker than most compact or subcompact sedans on the market (except for the Civic RS). I have a Mitsu ASX with a 2.0L gas engine and it feels sluggish compared to the Coolray.
    I'm more scared of "made in china" than how it drives or rides. It's very tempting, it has good paper specs, the tech is solid, the looks are there for both interior and exterior and very well priced. Just not sure if a chinese car can stand the test of time and do I want to give them my money for them to prove themselves to me. I guess I can give it a look in the showroom and ask for a test drive, see if I will be excited with the car and if it will be worth the gamble. Worst case if it turns out to be a lemon, I have my civic to fall back on and find a replacement for the coolray.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    He wants a driver's car and yet considered a pickup? ... Maybe his definition of a driver's car is somewhat different ... Kia Seltos as suggested by Jut is a good option ... AFAIK, the new Mazda CX-5s don't have iStop anymore ... or was it the Mazda CX-3? ... there's also the Suzuki Swift ... and the Suzuki Jimny ... not a driver's car but it's a good novelty car ... easy to park, holds resale value really well even after 10 years, suited to our roads ...
    I know the pick-up is different. I'm not sure actually if I want a pick-up, pero I think I can live without it being a driver's car kung ang kapalit naman ay higher ride, flood wading and tougher car. I know different types pero the trade-offs are a consideration for me.

Ang ayaw ko lang talaga are the MPVs because I don't want to feel like a "driver" just driving those on the middle row from point A to B. It's a car that I will be driving 99.9999% of the time, so I want it to be about me and not some imaginary passengers in the middle row. And I have ridden on an Avanza taxi and the ride is horrible and I feel like most of the Avanza like MPVs will have the same ride.

I can check Mazda again if they really don't need the deep cycles anymore. Pero I think over sa budget ko all their offerings except for the Mazda 2.

I'm not sure what to think of the Jimny, on one hand it's different and I agree a good novelty car and it's a cheap 4x4 (not that I plan to go off-road). Pero on the other hand I think it's too much money for a toy car.

For the swift, if only Suzuki kept the old 1.5 or gave us the turbo. I think Suzuki is asking too much at 900k for a 1.2 (Jazz says hi), pero I also read on swift thread that suzuki is giving 100k discount and at 800k it's an ok deal so...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast