New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 784 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    OTHERS

Quick Detailers - there are 2 types: Cleaners and Boosters
    -Cleaners are used to clean gunk, such as bird droppings and tree sap in a cinch.
    -Boosters either improve the durability of the wax underneath it or improve the looks
    a)Optimum No Rinse: Cleaner QD. Mixed with distilled water in different dilutions, depending on use
    1:16 - Cleaning QD
    1:32 - Rinseless Wash
    1:64 - Clay lube
    Q: Why distilled water?
    A: ONR will precipitate any impurities in tap water, rendering the solution useless.
    b)Microtex Nanosliq (P329): Booster QD: essentially a liquid wax. Fills swirls nicely, but is prone to streaking
    c)Mother's FX Spray Wax (P495): liquid wax. Easier to buff than Nanosliq, but doesn't fill swirls as good.
    d)Optimum Car Wax: A liquid wax/sealant. Easy to apply, no buffing required, provides great sheeting, and is more durable than most over the counter waxes. Looks good too.
    e)Optimum Gloss Enhancer: As the name implies, it enhances the shine. Dust repellant, making it easier to dust off a car. No beading or sheeting however.
    It is diluted in distilled water at a ratio of 1:3

*Note: the booster QDs are best applied after giving the wax some time to cure.
    Q: How to apply a booster QD?
    A: just spray it on a clean surface and then spread with a Microfiber towel. For best results, sweep the panel as you spray to maximize coverage.
    Q: Do I need to buff the booster QD?
    A: Depends. Mother's FX and Nanosliq require some buffing. Optimum Car wax and Optimum Gloss enhancer do not need any buffing

Cleaning your detailing equipment
    a) Degreasers: This is needed to remove waxes, oils and dirt from your microfiber washmitt, cloths, and wax applicators. For general use, Joy dishwashing liquid is good enough.
    b) Perla white: In order to maintain the tenderness of the microfiber cloths, they are washed with Perla White after degreasing.

Q: Can I use fabric softeners?
    A: No. This will damage the microfibers.
    Q: How do I dry them?
    A: Let them air-dry. Do NOT dry them under the sun, as this will stiffen the microfibers. To aid in drying, they can be spun in a washing machine's spinner.

When to clean your car?
    This depends on the weather conditions. During the rainy season, one might wash up to three times a week, or use cleaning QDs every day. During the summer, a single wash and wax session can go a long way - dust is simply dusted off with a duster.

When to wax your car?
    Depends on the type of wax you're using. Most OTC waxes are gone after a rain or after the first wash. Collinite waxes have consistently been able to last at least one week in harsh Philippine conditions. In order to prolong the life of the wax, spray booster waxes can be used after washing the car.

Happy detailing!

SAMPLE MAINTENANCE REGIMEN
    Weekend 1:
    1)Apply Nanoglos or Mothers Step 2.
    *Note: Step 2 does not require any curing time. Nanoglos requires 8 hours
    2)Apply Collinite 476
    3)Apply Nanosliq after 6 hours

Weekend 2:
    Apply Nanosliq after washing. Note if the water still beads during rinsing.if it beads, the wax is still alive.

<it rains!>
    Wash. Note if the wax is still beading the water
    Apply Nanosliq after washing

Weekend 3:
    Apply Nanosliq after washing if the wax is still beading. If not, you can elect to reapply Collinite.

Weekend 4:
    Repeat Weekend 1's steps after claying (to follow.).

APPENDIX
    Where to get products?
    1) Microtex products are available at Blade outlets, at Handyman, Ace Hardware, and with sir Edwin.
    2) Mother's products are available at Blade outlets or at their retailer at Mandaluyong.
    3) Collinite products are available with sir Edwin or at Autobisyo.
    4) Optimum products are available with sir Edwin.

Do you want to know more? Ask us at the Tsikot Detailing Thread:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74876

V1.0 uploaded on January 16, 2011.
    -updated prices
    V1.1. added cleaning stuff, segregated QD section
    V1.2 added to tsikot
    Last edited by scharnhorst; January 16th, 2011 at 09:09 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Wow! This is very informative.

I hope you can make a similar thread on waxing naman?
    ma'am meron po

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sana pwede i sticky thread.

How do I print this thread? I plan to do my own waxing since they use turtle wax in the place where I have my car waxed. I get overwhelmed with the number of waxing products I don't know there to start. This thread is very helpful.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; January 16th, 2011 at 08:52 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Sana pwede i sticky thread.

How do I print this thread? I plan to do my own waxing since they use turtle wax in the place where I have my car waxed. I get overwhelmed with the number of waxing products I don't know there to start. This thread is very helpful.
    going to make a word document, ma'am. I could send it to you through email, pa-PM nalang po

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks sir scharnhorst for this very informative and obviously well thought and well structured thread...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    ayos ang tread na to ah...pwede din ba magshare nag pics? (if pwede po, baka next week or next next week, kasi after one week lang ako nag wwax or after 2 weeks...pag madumi na yung sasakyan) this week po kasi, mits gagamitin namin eh

i apply the nano gloss in a circular way...and also remove it in a circular way then nanosliq...(sa crv na white)

same procedure as said from the first post....pero i wax in a clock wise direction, and remove it anti clock wise...then nano sliq...(mitsubishi na green)

* either turtle wax or microtex po ang gamit ko napagod ako ng husto sa turlte wax...sobra talaga hirap alisin ng wax...

finish product is....mirror like yung green namin na mits...yung white n crv eh...ewan ko lang kung paano i describe...pero mirror like din...di lang as reflective as dark surfaces....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Wow!!! Galing!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Very nice doc!

Sticky na to! :clap:

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    a)Optimum No Rinse: Cleaner QD. Mixed with distilled water in different dilutions, depending on use
    1:16 - Cleaning QD
    1:32 - Rinseless Wash
    1:64 - Clay lube
    Q: Why distilled water?
    A: ONR will precipitate any impurities in tap water, rendering the solution useless.

Pag ginagamit ko as Clay lube yung ONR Gamit ko lang tap water. So dapat Distilled pa din pag clay lube? Pag tumagal kasi yung ONR using tap water nagiging clear na yung color niya.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thanks guys. I'd appreciate any comments and criticisms to improve the guide.

Hope to follow this up with other things such as claying and sealing

*slvrsrfr2301: if you'd like sir, you might want to post at the stickied detailing thread

&quot;Tamang OC lang&quot; - a newbie's guide to car appearance maintenance