New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    We have a vehicle that has extensive (OEM) black trim and wheel flares. (Subaru XV)
    What would be a good product to use to clean and protect them (like wax does for the rest of the body)?

• I've read in another thread from a member that Mother's Back to Black is useless- sayang lang daw pera niya.
    • I've tried Formula 1's Shine it All- pangit din, because when you wash the vehicle or it rains, nagiging white streaks yung product sa trim.

I'm currently using a quick detailer on it, MTX Nanosliq, but not too satisfied with the results either.
    I've seen products such as NuVinyl protectant, and am even considering tire black or Armor All...

Any suggestions?

PS- wag naman sana KJ with replies like "I don't care if the trim on my cars get scruffy" or "Ang arte naman!" . This is a car lover's forum, dapat naman maintindihan that many of us like to keep our vehicles looking nice & fresh (without being too anal about it of course)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if the black is not piano-shiney naman,
    try ordinary soap.
    and rinse well.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    As in Perla bar... or powder detergent?

That would be simple to try siguro for washing & cleaning- I use our regular car shampoo (it turns the "Shine it All" into streaky white residue afterwards) kaya not happy with the results.

I'm thinking of some kind of cleaner + protectant product na rin sana. (If there is such a product)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    As in Perla bar... or powder detergent?

That would be simple to try siguro for washing & cleaning- I use our regular car shampoo (it turns the "Shine it All" into streaky white residue afterwards) kaya not happy with the results.

I'm thinking of some kind of cleaner + protectant product na rin sana. (If there is such a product)
    our kasambahai uses tide from time to time in the car wash.
    after many years, maganda pa ang pintura.
    of course, we have a roofed garage, to shelter it from the elements.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    We have a vehicle that has extensive (OEM) black trim and wheel flares. (Subaru XV)
    What would be a good product to use to clean and protect them (like wax does for the rest of the body)?

• I've read in another thread from a member that Mother's Back to Black is useless- sayang lang daw pera niya.
    • I've tried Formula 1's Shine it All- pangit din, because when you wash the vehicle or it rains, nagiging white streaks yung product sa trim.

I'm currently using a quick detailer on it, MTX Nanosliq, but not too satisfied with the results either.
    I've seen products such as NuVinyl protectant, and am even considering tire black or Armor All...

Any suggestions?

PS- wag naman sana KJ with replies like "I don't care if the trim on my cars get scruffy" or "Ang arte naman!" . This is a car lover's forum, dapat naman maintindihan that many of us like to keep our vehicles looking nice & fresh (without being too anal about it of course)
    Cerakote & forget...Advice for Product to Use on Black Trim, Panels and Flares
    ✟∏✲ Cerakote Ceramic Coat Trim Coat Blacken Plastic Trim Coating Car Trim Restorer Black Car Trim

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Sayang! I was out yesterday before reading this and may nakita ako na Car Plan Black Trim Wax so I decided to buy a bottle.
    Black Trim Wax | CarPlan Car Care - International

Haven't tried it yet (baka sa weekend pa).

Anyways, this Cerakote product looks promising. Mag order din ako as the price seems reasonable. It claims to last for 200 washes (daw) but tignan natin. Baka ipamigay ko na lang yung Black Trim Wax as hindi pwede patong patong. Thanks for the input!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Sakin ok naman yung mothers back to black.. na restore naman yung black trims.. then i apply some diy ceramic coat..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    ^^^
    Yes, I'm pretty sure na iitim ulit naman siguro, but what happens when it rains, or you do a wash?

Does it stay that way, or nagiging streaks on the black trim like yung "Shine it All" that I've used?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014

i got this nasty dried-on white stuff on this 5yo car's cladding, won't come off even with strong detergents or vinegar. probably from hard water

so i tried some watermarks remover for glass, has acids in it. instantly nuked the white stuff probably safe, right? plastics generally aren't harmed by acids especially if you wash it off asap

now i'm thinking of washing the cars w/ softened water. i got bunch of yellow filter cartridges lying around anyway (ion exchange resin)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Thanks for that tip Advice for Product to Use on Black Trim, Panels and Flares

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast