New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok View Post
    ...medyo may kakiputan yung width ng paved roads, may nakasalubong ako dalawang Grandia, hehe needed to full stop eh...!

Tip:
    The farther you go you'll surely find the best beaches. Lampasan mo lang ung lighthouse ayus pwede na.
    Buti kayo, Grandia lang kasalubong nyo... nung pumunta ako kanina dump truck ang kasalubong ko. Mabuti na lang at sya ang nagmagandang loob na tumabi, kaya naka-squeeze through ako. Ang lapad pa mandin ng Carnival kaya halos magkadikitan na kami.

Anyway, I was able to check out Puerto del Sol and Treasures of Bolinao. I liked the facilities of Puerto del Sol better, although the beachfront here left much to be desired. Low-tide nung pumunta ako at nakita ko na super-layo ng kailangan lakarin para makarating sa medyo malalim na lugar.

I wasn't as impressed with the suites at Treasures, and I didn't enjoy the food I ordered either (matigas yung calamares), but since it is closest to the White Beach at Patar, then I will have to carefully consider which resort would be more to the liking of my elder siblings.

Hindi na ako nakapunta sa White Beach mismo kasi lumalakas na yung ulan (baka ma-stuck ako sa dirt portions ng daan pauwi) at ayokong gabihin sa daan.

Just some questions: may entrance fee ba sa White Beach? Pwede ka ba mag-swim dito kahit sa mas malayong resort ka naka-check in?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Re: entrance fee sa White Beach, wala naman po, just have to pay the cottage na i-occupy nyo which costs around 100 bucks per table for the whole day (huggle ka lang kasi 1st offer nila talagang mataas).

If you plan to swim around 2-3 hours coz I know you are checked in sa ibang resort, wag na lang mag-cottage. Ginawa namin is park ko ung van sa pinakamalapit and visible kahit swim kami para dun lahat ng gamit.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Okay, sir vhenok. Thanks for the info.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    NP Sir Mikey...Enjoy po kayo sa Boli!

Pakape ka na lang

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvee22 View Post
    i agree. been to bolinao last year and i enjoyed the beach along bgy. patar. lalo na dun sa may dulo. di sya mabato at malinao ang tubig. maganda rin ung punta riviera resort along ilog malino, maganda ung amenities -- may swimming pool.. though i haven't tried their beach

can i ask? yung sa punta riviera resort, magkano yung rates nila? may entrance ba dun? kasi sa site nila walang nakalagay for entrance, tapos if ever pwede ba dun na hindi mag rent ng cottage? thanks!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Guys,- any latest adventures/experiences in Bolinao that you can share with us? What are the places that are okay to spend the night, preferably with beach front? Our family will be there this weekend.....

Also, to those who are living in the general area,- how is the weather these days?

TIA.

10K:dance1:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We stayed at Puerto del Sol. Pretty nice place but a bit expensive though. If you want relaxation, this is the place. It has a pool, jacuzzi, the beach is not nice for swimming but perfect if you are collecting shells, as when the tide retreats, it exposes a big part of the sea floor. You could practically walk hundreds of meters off the high tide shoreline.

A few more km down the Patar Road is the famous Patar White Beach. This beach is so clear and clean. There are small underwater rock formations that is a haven for small fishes. My kids loved snorkling there.

We also went swimming in Enchanted Cave, with amazing clear water, just between Puerto del Sol and White Beach.

Near White Beach is another good resort called Treasures of Bolinao. You may want to check this out also.

We went there last March. Now, it should be raining and windy but check the weather now and then. Who knows maybe we are in for a few more days of sunny weather.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

We did not pursue our planned trip to Alaminos and Bolinao at the last minute yesterday as the weather forecast was "windy, rainy and some thunderstorms"... Oh well, I think the rainy season has overtaken us. Hopefully, this coming weekend will be better just before the kids start school....

10K:dance1:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The first picture shows the vicinity map where Bolinao, Pangasinan is, with respect to Luzon Is. The second picture shows the Bolinao town in focus. Both pics were screen captures from roadguide1.07, which I am using in my Garmin GPS.

We went to Hundred Islands Saturday morning, and then proceeded to Bolinao at around 2PM. I was using my Garmin GPS to guide me and my family on this roadtrip, as this is the first time we are going to the area.

Please take note of the road loop in Bolinao and the intersection in the provincial road when approaching Bolinao from Alaminos and from Bani(?). This intersection is in the bottom part of the second picture.

Since we were going to a resort near the Bolinao Lighthouse, I entered this as our destination and the GPS gave the route instructing me to make a left turn there as I think that the road drawing makes it an equal main road as the one that is leading to Bolinao town proper.

We took that left turn and it turned out to be a potential nightmare. The road is not what it was drawn in the map. The last 8Km were very rough road much like an offroad. I was driving our GS and there is no way that a tricycle and a regular vehicle can be placed side by side on that road. So there is no turning back. Real scary bros, since I was with my wife and kids and it is a no man's land in the last portion as there are no people to ask around and you are in the middle of nowhere. What if the GS got stuck in the mud? Where can we get help?

Worst thing is that there was a sign that pointed us to the lighthouse in one of the road forks in that road. Also, we were asking the locals every now and then and nobody volunteered to tell us that the road was very bad, and that we should turn back. They just told us to keep going.... Maybe we were not asking the right questions. Maybe we were not asking the right people.. But I believe I did...

Anyway, we were able to make it to the resort. Just a couple of points I would like to make,- we should not be totally dependent on our aids,- we have to trust our instinct. When we saw the cemented road turning into dirt road we should have turned back when we had the opportunity, but we didn't, until we were totally committed to it... I will highlight this to roadguide so that they will remove this from their map at baka may mapahamak pa. BTW, the road was not there in the version of the OSM map...

10.1K:mop:
    Last edited by CVT; June 13th, 2010 at 11:11 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CVT,

Too bad about your experience. I didn't had GPS when I went there. And it was my first time. I saw the map that there was a shorter way to go to the resort and basically bypassing the town of Bolinao.

However, when I do my out of town trips, I do my research on Google maps and Wikimapia. When I saw from the satellite pics the quality of the road and the remoteness of the area, I made a decision not to pass there, despite my ride being a Montero.

In addition to your suggestion, you may want to add to do some research before embarking on long trips.

Good to know you got out of that situation without any incidents.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Bolinao Beach Resorts