New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    50 kph for buses in the expressway...
    this is going to be hilarious.

errr... under what category do pick-ups come under? trucks or cars?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Mababa ang speed limit so more people will likely disobey. Huhulihin nila. Eh di lalaki ang koleksyon sa traffic violations.

Or they're just making owning and driving a vehicle truly unbearable para wala nang gumamit ng sasakyan. No one driving = no traffic.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Mababa ang speed limit so more people will likely disobey. Huhulihin nila. Eh di lalaki ang koleksyon sa traffic violations.

Or they're just making owning and driving a vehicle truly unbearable para wala nang gumamit ng sasakyan. No one driving = no traffic.
    Even if you drive at 20 kph, that is still far more comfortable than squeezing yourself in the MRT, getting pickpocketed in a bus, or hanging from the back of an overloaded jeepney.

But of course, I'm pretty damn sure implementation will be spotty so these new speed limits will be moot.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Ano na nangyari sa pakulong ito?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    from what i see, they appear to be stricter in the expressway, where maximum and minimum speed limits are regularly posted along the road.

a bit of common-sense caution, however.
    these speed limits are for ideal driving conditions. bright daytime, with no rains.
    at night and/or when raining, it is prudent to go down (from 80 to 60 daw, sabi ng iba).

6. Join Date
    May 2018
    Tayo lang naman kasi nagbabasa ng mga regulations...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Then I wouldn’t even have any use for the 6th gear at 80 kph, what more with those 8 speed turbos?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Then I wouldn’t even have any use for the 6th gear at 80 kph, what more with those 8 speed turbos?
    My FXT will level out at 6th gear on the highway even if I am lazily cruising at 80 kmh. I don't switch to Sport# (8-speed setting) if I don't intend to go past way over the speed limits.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    With all this traffic what I'd like to see implemented are minimum speed limits. Nakakainis yung iilang beses na lang nagiging maluwag ng konti ang kalsada tapos may babagal bagal pa sa gitna ng daan. Para lang C. Raymundo Ave. sa Pasig itong lower speed limits. Patong patong na nga yung lubak, naglagay pa ng rumble strips.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I think the problem in the tollways is that many drivers drive under the speed limit. It's better for regulators to instruct drivers to keep up with the pace. So, if the speed limit is 80, everyone should drive at 80 at least (buses and trucks at 70 or whatever they set). It will lessen accidents tremendously because the flow of traffic is much greater and will free up valuable road space. You will see less cars moving in and out of lanes and force us to be more courteous to drivers switching lanes and teach us to stay in our lanes.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast