New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I guess they should increase it to 120 kmh, similar to some US Interstates of 75 mph. With some leeway of around 10-15%, most motorists will be cruising around 140 kmh.

I guess a lower limit of 100 kmh will do for you, doc. 80 kmh is just low for the expressway.

It is the responsibility of the motorist when he is driving the expressway. It has never been the fault of the road if the car gets into an accident unless the road itself is not kept in good shape. In the case of the expressways, its maintenance is the responsibility of the tollway company.

It should be mandatory then that motorists traversing the expressway are properly insured. If you have no insurance, then good luck with you taking the brunt of the expense in case of an accident.
    I agree with you bro. Government should make it mandatory that all motor vehicles are insured. To prevent yung away away pa instead of exchanging insurance information.

It is still the reason why I still have our decade old cars insured

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Drivers should be properly educated on how to use the motorway. Look at all the slow moving cars hogging the fast lane at 60 to 70 kph. It is not the volume of cars that impedes traffic flow. The lack of discipline and common sense is the reason why NLEX and SLEX is congested.

Had the chance to drive 80 to 90 kph on the slow lane on a normal weekday at NLEX and I was able to pass those in the fast lane

Whenever I want to speed up, I use the slow lane. It is possible to go beyond 100 kph most of the time, compared to the fast lane where you will find those vehicles running below 80 kph.

Perhaps the solution should be is, to "exchange the signs".

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Whenever I want to speed up, I use the slow lane. It is possible to go beyond 100 kph most of the time, compared to the fast lane where you will find those vehicles running below 80 kph.

Perhaps the solution should be is, to "exchange the signs".
    The truck and bus lane is the way to go if you want to speed up hehe

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    It is the responsibility of the motorist when he is driving the expressway. It has never been the fault of the road if the car gets into an accident unless the road itself is not kept in good shape. In the case of the expressways, its maintenance is the responsibility of the tollway company.

It should be mandatory then that motorists traversing the expressway are properly insured. If you have no insurance, then good luck with you taking the brunt of the expense in case of an accident.
    Likewise, it's the responsibility of the government to set speed limits appropriate to the road conditions, traffic conditions, and other factors such as driver/vehicle capability. Hindi kasing ganda ng Autobahn yung mga daan natin so a much higher speed limit is ill-advised.

From experience, increasing the speed limit to 120 on SCTEX and TPLEX should be fine. The traffic is not clear enough nor is the road good enough for everyone to be travelling at 140 though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yung SCTEX part going to Subic, so far, mga matino motorists doon. Bihira may nakababad na mabagal sa left lane.

Sa NLEX, mayrun pa rin mga pasaway na mabagal sa left lane.

Sa SLEX, mas malala! Use the lane which is open if you want to get past some slow drivers on any of the lanes.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Yung SCTEX part going to Subic, so far, mga matino motorists doon. Bihira may nakababad na mabagal sa left lane.

Sa NLEX, mayrun pa rin mga pasaway na mabagal sa left lane.

Sa SLEX, mas malala! Use the lane which is open if you want to get past some slow drivers on any of the lanes.
    Bihira ako madaan ng SLEX but nung last na punta ko ng batangas, ang daming nakababad sa left lane. New set of speed limits Kaya ang daming nagpapazigzag na kotse. New set of speed limits

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mas disiplinado nga ang drivers sa NLEX kaysa SLEX. The concept of the passing lane is lost on drivers from the south.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    Pano kaya ipapaintindi sa kaibigan ko na masama mag hog ng leftmost lane, kung tito or erpat nya eh ang reply ay ..

Btw eto nireply ko .. LOL

Don’t get caught! Read the new traffic rules along SLEX here – Alabang Bulletin

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

eto sa tingin kong dahilan
    noob drivers, na tinuturuan ng mali ng matatandang drivers na di naman marunong sumunod sa traffic rules to begin with.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by essjei55 View Post
    Bihira ako madaan ng SLEX but nung last na punta ko ng batangas, ang daming nakababad sa left lane. New set of speed limits Kaya ang daming nagpapazigzag na kotse. New set of speed limits

Isa na ako dun... sa nagpapa zigzag!

Nalala ko mainit ulo ko nun, tapos may woman driver na di matinag, nag high beam na ako at busina wala pa din talaga. Tapos nung naunahan ko, I'm thinking of brake checking her, pero buti kumalma ako and naisip ko na baka abutin ako kase mukang kamote driver!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by essjei55 View Post

More crowded kase lagi slex compared to nlex. Ako I just high beam them pag gabi para umalis sa fast lane, sa daytime may kasamang konting busina. Sadly may mga motorists na hindi nila alam na nakaka abala sila when they stick to that Lane.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast