New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    kahit hindi ituro sa driving school, may mga signages naman na nakalagay Keep Right except to overtake.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Kaya nga. But most ph drivers tend to ignore that. Mentality na siguro talaga nang masang pinoy na di sumunod.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I learned to drive while I was growing in Davao. You just have to find the right timing to pass on the highways. There are no expressways in Mindanao.

The concept of expressway driving and left-lane passing I learned while working in the US. I got used to people driving fast out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You think driving fast will ever catch on here bro? Ambabagal kasi mag accelerate dito specially from a stop. Walang urgency. Daming turista sa kalsada.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    You think driving fast will ever catch on here bro? Ambabagal kasi mag accelerate dito specially from a stop. Walang urgency. Daming turista sa kalsada.
    Nope, it never will.

Most motorists are too slow to accelerate from a stop and a lot are just lazily driving on the expressway. Besides, engine power output and performance are not key considerations for a purchase among most folks. In the US, the standard car on the road is a midsize car and they are way quicker/faster than the smaller subcompacts and compacts we have here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    No urgency because, imo, people generally do not trust traffic lights. I sure don't. There's always this feeling that some knucklehead driver, cyclist, or pedestrian is going to run the red light. There's also the possibility that some traffic enforcer is "overriding" the traffic lights.

I guess fast driving will catch on once everybody (drivers and pedestrians) starts obeying traffic signs and signals unconditionally.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Are the "slow" cars really that slow? Save for the Wigo (sorry owners), am sure they're not quick, but it sure feels like it has more to do with general laziness/lack of urgency.

Everyone complains about the traffic but when the roads open up, a lot of drivers don't take advantage.

Enforcers should turn the lights off or set them to flashing yellow when they override them.

One can only hope driving here will get up to snuff eventually. As mentioned, NLEX and northward drivers are pretty decent. Subic is a good discipline area and to a degree, BGC as well.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Relative yung slow slow. Definition of slow for me is pag sa edsa ay wala kotse sa harapan ng binubuntutan Kong kotse, then andami na namin nakabuntot na parang prusisyon sa kanya yet wala sya pakialam. Sa expressway, ang slow naman for me is less than 100kph then sa fast lane sya, abala kase.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Relative yung slow slow. Definition of slow for me is pag sa edsa ay wala kotse sa harapan ng binubuntutan Kong kotse, then andami na namin nakabuntot na parang prusisyon sa kanya yet wala sya pakialam. Sa expressway, ang slow naman for me is less than 100kph then sa fast lane sya, abala kase.

"but if 100kph is the upper speed limit...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567