New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    I think the problem in the tollways is that many drivers drive under the speed limit. It's better for regulators to instruct drivers to keep up with the pace. So, if the speed limit is 80, everyone should drive at 80 at least (buses and trucks at 70 or whatever they set). It will lessen accidents tremendously because the flow of traffic is much greater and will free up valuable road space. You will see less cars moving in and out of lanes and force us to be more courteous to drivers switching lanes and teach us to stay in our lanes.
    Great suggestion! I just hope they will apprehend those drivers staying in fast lane / overtaking lane and not just that go beyond the speed limit.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Great suggestion! I just hope they will apprehend those drivers staying in fast lane / overtaking lane and not just that go beyond the speed limit.
    There are signs telling motorists to stay on the right lane and use only the left lane to pass. Apparently, there are a bunch of idiot drivers who don't even have an idea what road signs mean. What more if you ask them to read? even more read in English and understand it?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    I think the problem in the tollways is that many drivers drive under the speed limit. It's better for regulators to instruct drivers to keep up with the pace. So, if the speed limit is 80, everyone should drive at 80 at least (buses and trucks at 70 or whatever they set). It will lessen accidents tremendously because the flow of traffic is much greater and will free up valuable road space. You will see less cars moving in and out of lanes and force us to be more courteous to drivers switching lanes and teach us to stay in our lanes.
    Di lahat ng puso kaya ang 80 kph. Lalo na old car. I can drive 140 to 150 on a modern car. Pero one time nagdrive ako ng l300. Ok na ko sa 80-90. Ayaw ko na umabot ng 100. So pano pa yung taong kahit modern car di kaya ang 100?

I believe discipline is the answer

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    So pano pa yung taong kahit modern car di kaya ang 100?
    Take the national highway.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Di lahat ng puso kaya ang 80 kph. Lalo na old car. I can drive 140 to 150 on a modern car. Pero one time nagdrive ako ng l300. Ok na ko sa 80-90. Ayaw ko na umabot ng 100. So pano pa yung taong kahit modern car di kaya ang 100?

I believe discipline is the answer

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk
    Old cars can still do 100kmh or better. It's the type of vehicle we need to consider. Some vehicles just don't have the powerplants to be pushed to run triple digits.

Now, if the driver has no guts to drive within speed limits or abide within minimum speeds, I suggest that they stay away from expressways.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Hope the they change the maximum speed limit in SCTEX and TPLEX to 140kph.

For the bumpy bridges sa TPLEX 120 ?

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post

huwag naman!
    e, 'di lalo nang na-obvious na lolo ako...
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009

If the govt will follow your suggestion and a surge in fatalities ensued would you be willing to take the blame?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006

I guess they should increase it to 120 kmh, similar to some US Interstates of 75 mph. With some leeway of around 10-15%, most motorists will be cruising around 140 kmh.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    huwag naman!
    e, 'di lalo nang na-obvious na lolo ako...
    heh heh.
    I guess a lower limit of 100 kmh will do for you, doc. 80 kmh is just low for the expressway.

Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    If the govt will follow your suggestion and a surge in fatalities ensued would you be willing to take the blame?
    It is the responsibility of the motorist when he is driving the expressway. It has never been the fault of the road if the car gets into an accident unless the road itself is not kept in good shape. In the case of the expressways, its maintenance is the responsibility of the tollway company.

It should be mandatory then that motorists traversing the expressway are properly insured. If you have no insurance, then good luck with you taking the brunt of the expense in case of an accident.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Drivers should be properly educated on how to use the motorway. Look at all the slow moving cars hogging the fast lane at 60 to 70 kph. It is not the volume of cars that impedes traffic flow. The lack of discipline and common sense is the reason why NLEX and SLEX is congested.

Had the chance to drive 80 to 90 kph on the slow lane on a normal weekday at NLEX and I was able to pass those in the fast lane

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast