New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    About the leftmost lane, walang nagtuturo sa driving school. Without that knowledge, new and old drivers alike would of course prefer the leftmost lane dahil kanan na lang nila ang babantayan nila instead of both sides. Sa rightmost lane naman nandyan lagi yung mga buses at trucks, at mga sumisingit sa shoulder.

Natutunan ko na lang yang fast lane sa pagbabasa sa mga forum like this.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    About the leftmost lane, walang nagtuturo sa driving school. Without that knowledge, new and old drivers alike would of course prefer the leftmost lane dahil kanan na lang nila ang babantayan nila instead of both sides. Sa rightmost lane naman nandyan lagi yung mga buses at trucks, at mga sumisingit sa shoulder.

Natutunan ko na lang yang fast lane sa pagbabasa sa mga forum like this.
    Nituro po yan sa me.

A1 driving school circa late 2010

3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    About the leftmost lane, walang nagtuturo sa driving school. ... Natutunan ko na lang yang fast lane sa pagbabasa sa mga forum like this.
    Saang driving school?

Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Nituro po yan sa me. A1 driving school circa late 2010
    Same with my daughter in 2012.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Socialites. Around 2005. 10 hours of driving back and forth through BF Parañaque and/or Molino.

1 trial of parking in reverse, 1 trial of K turn, zero lessons on parallel parking between 2 cars, 1 lesson on "hanging". Maybe they taught road rules in their seminars which isn't a requirement and is in 1 location only. Driving instructor never taught it while on the road though.

Most of the parking maneuvers I picked up from Youtube. Other driving dos and don'ts (such as left lane use, no blinkers in the rain) I picked up (and still picking up) from car forums.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    eto sa tingin kong dahilan
    noob drivers, na tinuturuan ng mali ng matatandang drivers na di naman marunong sumunod sa traffic rules to begin with.
    so who appointed them to be the speed enforcers?
    "hawi kayo diyan! may emergenci ini!"
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 30th, 2018 at 09:50 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Wala nga kasi tayong proper driving test with someone who will sit beside the driver and tick off requirements from a list.

Atras-abante ng karag-karag na manual car or OTJ. Pag sinabi mong matic lang ang kaya mo, bypass na ang test. Ano yun?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^
    Ako naman nalaman ko lang yung fast lane from trips abroad. May road user's manual kasi doon.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Wala nga kasi tayong proper driving test with someone who will sit beside the driver and tick off requirements from a list.

Atras-abante ng karag-karag na manual car or OTJ. Pag sinabi mong matic lang ang kaya mo, bypass na ang test. Ano yun?
    i remember a driving test abroad.
    "you failed, sir."
    "but why? i was able to ..."
    "you just used your rear view mirror, sir. you are supposed to turn your neck as well..."

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by essjei55 View Post
    Bihira ako madaan ng SLEX but nung last na punta ko ng batangas, ang daming nakababad sa left lane. [emoji31] Kaya ang daming nagpapazigzag na kotse. [emoji24]

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk
    I drive at SLEX everyday as I live near Sucat. I am one of those who just make do and find the openings within the lanes to pass slower cars. When traffic is light, most people just drive between 60-80 kmh within the stretch from Sucat to Nichols/C5 but I keep my pace and drive much faster (100-120 kmh) but it means a lot of passing and sprinting.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Mas disiplinado nga ang drivers sa NLEX kaysa SLEX. The concept of the passing lane is lost on drivers from the south.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Right on, bro! NLEX is much better in terms of infrastructure and motorist discipline. It’s very hard to cruise on a single lane in SLEX. It’s always a constant dash and pass if you want to move away from these slow drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    ^
    Ako naman nalaman ko lang yung fast lane from trips abroad. May road user's manual kasi doon.
    I learned to drive while I was growing in Davao. You just have to find the right timing to pass on the highways. There are no expressways in Mindanao.

The concept of expressway driving and left-lane passing I learned while working in the US. I got used to people driving fast out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast