New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    yng kapatid kong babae di marunong mag drive at zero knowledge din sa kotse.. balak namin bumili ng second hand na kotse na mura lng.. nasa ibang bansa ako kaya kapatid ko lang na babae nagaasikaso.. yung parents namin wala rin alam sa kotse kasi never pa kaming nagkasasakyan..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung zero knowledge I'd suggest driving school muna. Kahit yung pinakamura lang na program. Kapag may konting alam na tsaka na ang sariling practice.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    IMO... madali lang mag drive... Ang mahirap, kung anong gagawin mo sa kalsada...

I would suggest that you enrol her to a driving school para maintindihan nya meaning ng road signs.

Bonus na lang yung assistance nila to obtain a non-pro license.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    mag driving school ka. mas maraming options in terms of school, price, duration, etc. besides, hindi ka matatakot na mabangga ang sasakyan since controlled naman ito ng trainer via a 2nd brake pedal.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If you're given the opportunity, formal training is better. Though, it's still not perfect, at least they follow a syllabus or a training plan.

Ad hoc driving lessons from a non-instructor usually does not include a lot of the key elements of driving. They'll typically just teach you how to use a stick, drive on the right side of the road, stop at a red light, and that's it. You'll also likely to learn the "instructor's" bad habits.

As for me, I was taught by my dad but learned most of the formal stuff by accompanying my mom when she went through driving school. Not the ideal way to learn but that was the card I was dealt. Being through all that, I've chosen that when the time comes, I'll have my kids go through a formal driving lesson. I'll just be the backseat driver... the good kind. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Mas OK kung parehas.

Ituro/ipaturo mo na yung basics (starting, stopping, reversing, engine control kung m/t, etc. Hanap kayo lugar kung saan wala masyadong dumadaan para ligtas.) bago sya magsimula ng driving school para di sayang ang oras. Mas mabilis nya ma-clear yung basics, mas-mahaba yung oras nya sa practical driving.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    just to add, it's important to learn courtesy and have patience sa kalsada. turo ng tatay ko lagi, wag daanin sa init ng ulo especially pag napakatraffic. hth!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    same here, taught by my dad... since we travel to the north once a year, pati necessary highway signs naturo din... pati basic repairs

pero when I took the driver's theoretical test overseas, I had to buy a book to learn proper driving...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dcvingkamotekid View Post
    just to add, it's important to learn courtesy and have patience sa kalsada. turo ng tatay ko lagi, wag daanin sa init ng ulo especially pag napakatraffic. hth!
    +1, IMO, kulang parin ang turo sa mga driving schools. After learning to drive, kailangan din matuto ng road courtesy.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I was taught by my dad also. He got me thru the basics of driving, simple rules of the road, and courtesy. Learning about road signs and regulations was more of a self study born out of curiosity on my end. I admit I learned a lot from the DMV handbooks of the states I lived in while in the US.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast