New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 437
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #1
    I hope this is the beginning of better things for the commuter...

    Govt scraps rail deal with Korean firm - The Manila Times Online

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,696
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I hope this is the beginning of better things for the commuter...

    Govt scraps rail deal with Korean firm - The Manila Times Online

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    mas ok kaya gawin chinese kunin? baka kasi dun din bagsak eh

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,226
    #3
    Why not get the LRT's maintenance provider nalang for MRT?



    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,085
    #4
    If I recall, nobody wanted to be the MRT 3 service provider during the twilight of the yellow administration because the system was badly managed and the now obsolete trains were strained (Light trains operating like a full train system) to the braking point.

    The goverment had to do a negotiated contract with Busan.

    There were no parts since the service provider then did not prepare any since it's contract was on a monthly basis.

    The DoTR is in for a repeat. What it did was a PR stunt without thinking of the consequence.

    Best to sell the entire system to Metro Pacific since the taxpayer's money is being poured into a black hole. How much was wasted for those useless rolling stock bought from Dailan?

    For 2nd time, still no bidders for P2.4-B MRT service contract | Inquirer News

    P3.8-B MRT deal awarded without public bidding | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

  5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,085
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Why not get the LRT's maintenance provider nalang for MRT?



    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    LRT and MRT are different and lack commonality. And the MRT is still owned by private consortium under a highly defective PPP contract.

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,226
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    LRT and MRT are different and lack commonality. And the MRT is still owned by private consortium under a highly defective PPP contract.
    What I meant was the service of LRT's maintenance provider is way better than the MRT's. hehe

    Trains and parts are of course different pero yung level of service man lang sana, at least mas maganda.

  7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,408
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I hope this is the beginning of better things for the commuter...

    Govt scraps rail deal with Korean firm - The Manila Times Online

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    on the contrary matters will get WORSE before it gets any better

    poorly maintained rails will destroy any train, even brand new ones

    we have old coaches plying old undulated rails. end result is stalled coaches impeding the movement of commuters

    the light at the end of the tunnel can be seen only with the complete overhaul of the MRT3 system

    Sent from my LG-D852 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; November 7th, 2017 at 10:30 AM.

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,186
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    If I recall, nobody wanted to be the MRT 3 service provider during the twilight of the yellow administration because the system was badly managed and the now obsolete trains were strained (Light trains operating like a full train system) to the braking point.

    The goverment had to do a negotiated contract with Busan.

    There were no parts since the service provider then did not prepare any since it's contract was on a monthly basis.

    The DoTR is in for a repeat. What it did was a PR stunt without thinking of the consequence.

    Best to sell the entire system to Metro Pacific since the taxpayer's money is being poured into a black hole. How much was wasted for those useless rolling stock bought from Dailan?

    For 2nd time, still no bidders for P2.4-B MRT service contract | Inquirer News

    P3.8-B MRT deal awarded without public bidding | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com
    +1 on this. The best route is to open a bid to sell the entire system, lock, stock and barrel to a private group.

    It will likely result in higher fares, but, if proper, reliable, convenient service is given, then it will be fine.

  9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,246
    #9
    Who would want to buy the broken system?

  10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21,703
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    +1 on this. The best route is to open a bid to sell the entire system, lock, stock and barrel to a private group.

    It will likely result in higher fares, but, if proper, reliable, convenient service is given, then it will be fine.
    IIRC P17K ang 1week unli transpo sa train sa Japan per pax. Pero sulit nga naman bayad dahil maganda service.

    Hindi puwede sa public transport yung titipirin, masisira agad talaga. Maintenance is the key, eh you need good cash flow of money for that.

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

MRT Thread