New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    dapat itanong sa dating kay Abaya pano nila ginatasan ang MRT noon.

Diba tuloy na ang subway sa edsa that will run the same route ng mrt? better i close ang MRT ng 1 month for a complete rail replacement as in dapat 24x7 ang palit ng track. nasan na nga ba yun mga riles na sinasabi na parating na wala na balita about dun.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    My Mom also asked me why the MRT is newer than LRT but it breaks down more often than the LRT. I did not know what to answer.

Bakit nga ba LRT hindi sirain?
    Lrt 1 was entirely operated by the government...but now it is operated by the dilaw's favorite oligarchs...

LRT 1 now under Ayala, Metro Pacific management | Inquirer Business

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Wouldn't that cause traffic? Since 2 way lang sa taas? HAHAHA

And ayaw pang umalis ng station/skayan hanggat di puno.
    I hope you are being sarcastic. Because seriously, they can convert it into an elevated BRT.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Lrt 1 was entirely operated by the government...but now it is operated by the dilaw's favorite oligarchs...

LRT 1 now under Ayala, Metro Pacific management | Inquirer Business

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Iyan ang dahilan kung bakit ganyan ang MRT at kung bakit galit na galit ang DDS sa dilawan hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    maling diskarte yung mrt...... gibain na lang.....

pati mga condominum gibain na din......

basta mga structure na pataas gibain......

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    maling diskarte yung mrt...... gibain na lang.....

pati mga condominum gibain na din......

basta mga structure na pataas gibain......
    saan tayo matutulog at mag-uupisina?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Contrasting fortunes...

HK MTR Control Room... Viewed as the best Public Transportation System in Asia

Hong Kong has the world's best public transportation system, study says: Shanghaiist

MRT-3 Control Room...

LOOK: An Ancient PC and Sorry Looking Room Controls The MRT-3 | www.unbox.ph

The antiquated signalling system that’s currently being used by the trains, which include a computer that uses a 5 1/2 floppy drive (technology that’s older than most millennials today), and a mainframe computer powered by an Ericsson CPU that utilizes a Motorola 68000 processor which he says was first made in 1979.

The interface PC that shows the status of the line is also powered by a similarly obsolete machine – an Intel Pentium D with a whopping 256MB of RAM, running off of an older version of Windows XP.

We're f*cked really good...
    Last edited by Monseratto; November 8th, 2017 at 10:55 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Contrasting fortunes...

HK MTR Control Room... Viewed as the best Public Transportation System in Asia

Hong Kong has the world's best public transportation system, study says: Shanghaiist

MRT-3 Control Room...

LOOK: An Ancient PC and Sorry Looking Room Controls The MRT-3 | www.unbox.ph

We're f*cked really good...
    And I am not surprised.😩

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    And I am not surprised.😩

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Many experts say that MRT was designed poorly.. the objective is to have an elevated railway like LRT 1 and LRT 2.. one thing in common to LRT 1&2 is the railway is elevated all throughout the line.. no going up or down slope like MRT. This is because of the "posh" villages in the MRT line that is too concerned of their privacy! Plus the anomalous maintenance contract! Add to that Makabayan and Mayo uno protest whenever there is a planned increase in fares.

Hongkong may have the best in railway system but we also need to consider how much they pay per kilometer and their trains are also jampacked during rush hour. We get what we pay for

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast