New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    sure it will be shut down if done so. its a massive undertaking. 17km long. sure the contractor and the govt will have to work together to make it less bloody .. 3 shifts on a holy week?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Get it done for the mrt3 commuters, the sobrepena group wont do it, theyll just milk their contract until 2025

A new concessionare wont do it for FREE

Do it, display that touted political WILL. unless this govt find a philantropist that will shoulder the cost then the govt have to find a way to deal with a strict govt procurement process

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; November 27th, 2017 at 10:49 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Is the MVP route the only way to go? sana hinde mas ok pa din pag govt find a way.

pansin niyo ba na simula palang nung mrt mas maliit un mga coach niya compare sa lrt 1 and lrt 2. hinde naman cgro aero dynamics ang habol kaya maliit mga bagon nila from the start.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuesford View Post
    Mrt 3 talga, is the worst! nagmahal at mas mahal pa sa bus. Nung 2014 kasi 14php lang from first to last station tapos 34php ata kung i-ddaan mo sa bus.

Lrt 1 ibang tren okay yung iba...
    Lrt 2 lang nakikita kong maganda.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Medyo sablay na din ang aircon ng mga tren sa LRT2 mas malamig pa yung mga lumang tren ng LRT1.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hiring back the OEM provider is the first step in rehabilitating the troubled MRT3.

Excellent decision to go the G2G agreement...the contract will be between the GRP and the Japanese Government to greatly expedite the procurement process.

===

Gov't chooses Sumitomo Corp. as new MRT-3 maintenance provider
    By VJ Bacungan, CNN Philippines
    Updated 08:53 AM PHT Wed, November 29, 2017

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, November 29) — Japanese firm Sumitomo Corporation, which originally maintained the Metro Rail Transit 3 (MRT-3), is the new maintenance provider for the troubled railway, transportation officials announced Wednesday.

The Philippine government is conducting "high-level discussions" with the Japanese government for "direct engagement" with the Sumitomo and its technical partner, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) said in a statement.

Sumitomo and Mitsubishi designed and built the MRT-3 and had maintainted it from the start of operations in 2000 until 2012, when the contract with the companies expired.

"A G2G (government-to-government) agreement is scheduled to be signed before year-end," the DOTr said. "The maintenance and rehabilitation contract is intended to have a term of 3 years, and will include the rehabilitation and restoration of the system to its original performance standards."

<snipped>

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Hiring back the OEM provider is the first step in rehabilitating the troubled MRT3.

Excellent decision to go the G2G agreement...the contract will be between the GRP and the Japanese Government to greatly expedite the procurement process.

===

Gov't chooses Sumitomo Corp. as new MRT-3 maintenance provider
    By VJ Bacungan, CNN Philippines
    Updated 08:53 AM PHT Wed, November 29, 2017
    I wonder what will the Japs recommend after a due diligence assessment...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post

Hindi ba tinanggihan na ng Sumitomo yan? Napabalita na nung isang araw unless nagbago isip?

Ahhhh Japanese govt na nilapitan nila.

Anyway, replacing a Japanese maintenance provider with someone is a very dumb decision. Pinagkaperahan lang talaga bago mag-election.
    Last edited by Lew_Alcindor; November 29th, 2017 at 11:21 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Hindi ba tinanggihan na ng Sumitomo yan? Napabalita na nung isang araw unless nagbago isip?
    Meh FMD daw yung DOTr ASec, kasi fter niya sabihin yun, nagissue ng official statement DOTr denying it.

*haist* bakit kasi ang daming atat na atat magsalita sa media.\

Pero ang ginawa ng DOTr, G2G para wala ng bidding.
    Last edited by absinthe; November 29th, 2017 at 11:25 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post

I remember an old Pugad Baboy cartoon strip where Joboy the mechanic recommends "palitan na lang po natin ng brand new".

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I remember an old Pugad Baboy cartoon strip where Joboy the mechanic recommends "palitan na lang po natin ng brand new".
    upgrade the mrt 👌

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast