New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I agree with Tolentino's vision to reduce congestion by placing restrictions on private cars. Totoo naman yung sinabi niya that they outnumber PUVs by a large number. As the saying goes, "a successful country is not where the poor have cars, but where the rich take public transportation." Yun nga lang, this is a long-run thing, and it assumes that the public transpo system works well, which obviously isn't the case.

As has been pointed out earlier, increasing the MRT/LRT capacity is a key point of action. From what I've heard, they're currently assembling trains to be shipped here and is expected to roll out in the next 2 years. I also think that they should increase MRT/LRT fares, at least double of what they are now. We commuters have been spoiled too much with cheap fares, and it has resulted in overcrowded trains and dilapidated facilities.

Buses are another big problem, especially along EDSA. While private cars far outnumber buses, the latter often create huge bottlenecks in traffic because of the unruly way that their drivers ply through the roads - stopping anywhere, hogging lanes, overstaying at bus stops, etc.

It's easy to say that we should simply reduce the number of buses on EDSA - but if you're a commuter, you'd know that during rush hours, kulang pa yung mga bus na yan especially on the LRT Ayala - SM Fairview route. What we need is proper scheduling of buses. During off-peak hours, these buses are really inefficient as they only have about a dozen people on board. However, that's still a dozen people worth of extra income and apparently that's enough to offset costs and earn a few hundreds per trip. It's not optimal, pero kita pa rin yan, and since noone's regulating these bus operators, they'll let their buses travel for as long as it generates positive income, no matter how tiny.

Ang problema, you can only really control bus scheduling if you reduce the number of operators to a handful, or better yet, have the government run the bus networks entirely. Neither is gonna happen anytime soon, at least not until someone has the balls to go against the padrino/palakasan system in getting franchises.

Ultimately, these are all big steps that when properly implemented, will surely help alleviate the traffic. However, the probability of these pushing through is very low. The most feasible thing that can be done now is really proper implementation of road rules.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    so if approve coding will be:

Monday: 1 2 3 4

Tuesday: 5 6 7 8

Wednesday: 9 0 1 2

Thursday: 3 4 5 6

Friday: 7 8 9 0

2 day coding per week na.
    hassle to but this might actually be the easiest to implement. better na yan than yung dati (odd-even scheme). pero siyempre, ayusin muna yung strict and consistent traffic enforcement.

alternatively, additional guidelines na puwede: 7-7 bawal talaga (no window), no exemptions whatsoever lahat talaga ng tsikots kapag coding (window or wala) maski ano pa plaka mo

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^Gawin nalang niya opposite, tignan natin kung taffic pa ha.

M - 1 and 2 lang pwede sa kalye
    T - 3 and 4 lang pwede sa kalye
    W- 5 and 6 lang pwede sa kalye
    Th- 7 and 8 lang pwede sa kalye
    F - 9 and 0 lang pwede sa kalye

Pag ganyan.. Mag bike na lang tayong lahat...ha ha ha Dapat ganyan din ang bus, jeep, motor at trycicle

Or another alternative is...

Mag set sila ng araw araw may laban si pacquiao he he he

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    so if approve coding will be:

Monday: 1 2 3 4

Tuesday: 5 6 7 8

Wednesday: 9 0 1 2

Thursday: 3 4 5 6

Friday: 7 8 9 0

2 day coding per week na.

Wala yan, gamit ka ng vanity plate or ung tinted na plate cover, lusot ka na sa TE.

Private car ka, you only use the road to go from A to B, most of the day naka park ka lang, so ang impact mo sa traffic e minimal lang, kasi kahit nung time na naka park ang car mo traffic pa din.

Para ma solve ang traffic, si Chairman Tolentino dapat pagbawalan gumamit ng car papasok at pauwi from office, mag public transpo lang sha pati na din ung mga traffic engineers nya. Kung hindi nya kaya umalis na sha sa MMDA para makahanap ng qualified person for the job.

Me kasabihan nga na hindi mo makita ang problema kung hindi mo naman na experience.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    double post
    Last edited by Manilablock; July 10th, 2013 at 04:37 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^Gawin nalang niya opposite, tignan natin kung taffic pa ha.

M - 1 and 2 lang pwede sa kalye
    T - 3 and 4 lang pwede sa kalye
    W- 5 and 6 lang pwede sa kalye
    Th- 7 and 8 lang pwede sa kalye
    F - 9 and 0 lang pwede sa kalye

Ha ha ha!!! Work from home na lang lahat. Maglakad na lang ako going to work. Pag dating ko sa office coated in dust na ko.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited by _Cathy_; July 10th, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Kahit ano pang i-implement, wala din yan kung walang disiplina.

laking bagay kung may disiplina lahat ng motorista.

araw araw na pagmamaneho mo kitang kita naman na kulang tayo sa disiplina

mapa private man o public drivers.

im thinking what can change that? Meron kaya?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I also think that they should increase MRT/LRT fares, at least double of what they are now. We commuters have been spoiled too much with cheap fares, and it has resulted in overcrowded trains and dilapidated facilities..
    I think so too but a lot of people would disagree on this.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I think so too but a lot of people would disagree on this.

Kasi nga na-spoil na, akala nila tamang presyo lang yun di nila alam sobra sobra na yung subsidy.

This is where kailangan talaga ng iron fist - whoever will push for the price increase will inevitably be a dark knight, the man that everyone hates, but the one that we need.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I know this will be hugely unpopular, what if we heavily tax gasoline like other European nations, then the gains from that should be used in the improvement of public transportation
    I mean p70 for gasoline should lessen traffic whilst increasing the tax revenues of the government
    This scheme will just have us buying more cars, really idiotic

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
MMDA Chairman Tolentino's "brilliant" Ideas to Solve Traffic Problem in MM