New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    dapat disiplina Huliin ang dapat huli, illegal loading and unloading. Sa Manila dami motorcycle and tricycle binabale wala ang stoplight. Then the PUJ king of the road wala silang huli...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jdjoeydean View Post
    dapat disiplina Huliin ang dapat huli, illegal loading and unloading. Sa Manila dami motorcycle and tricycle binabale wala ang stoplight. Then the PUJ king of the road wala silang huli...
    Mas matindi ngayon puj sa Manila,remember jeep ni erap?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cardict View Post
    Mas matindi ngayon puj sa Manila,remember jeep ni erap?
    His jeep is as fake as the persona they always try to portray.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    A-toybodykits ba yun? Yun ba yung sikat na shop?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    The best solution I can think of to solve the traffic is make public transportation free.

we do not earn money from home, we travel from our house to our place of work to earn money, hence due to traffic we lost some productivity.

to recover/minimize the lost productivity we use our cars to travel, that is why people who work outside the house buy cars anyway.

but every time you use your car you spend also, to earn money you need to spend money.

I spend Php220 on fuel to bring my car into office + Php150 for parking + Php??? for maintenance, using public transpo I spend Php155.

To make it simple I will use only Php370.

Php370 vs Php155 = Php215 savings if I use public transportation, however I prefer to spend more if I will be comfortable and feel safer.

so how do you encourage the drivers to leave their cars, the government should offer free ride.

Why? If I need to pay Php155 to be uncomfortable, I rather pay more and enjoy the ride.

But if it is free!!! then I might reconsider.

Also: From my tax alone the Goverment can already recover the Php155/day at malaki pa din ang sukli na matitira.

Ikaw, have you tried to compare how much you spend if you bring your car or use public transport?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    May country ba na free ang public transpo?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    May country ba na free ang public transpo?
    Medyo madami din: Free public transport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Pwede yung ganito sa atin tapos ang makaka-avail lang yung mga taxpayers. BIR Identification card ang gagamitin pang swipe. Bago pumasok ng bus, swipe, bago pumasok ng MRT/LRT, swipe. Ewan ko na lang kung di pa lumuwag kalsada nyan dahil mas madami magcocommute.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    kung efficient lang ang transport system natin, i could give up riding my own vehicle commute na lang ako lagi.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cardict View Post
    1000% agree with this,80% of riding public does'nt know the word subsidy,sasabihin pa ng mga leftist kawawa naman ang masa
    That's because the public transport riding public would not own cars so they can't or don't want to understand the costs of maintaining a vehicle whereas with all of us, I am pretty sure we have all taken public transport one time or another. In my opinion, it is easier for us vehicle owners to understand public transport matters as we use both public and private transport systems whereas they only take public transport thereby putting us in a better position at understanding the traffic problems and what possible solutions are realistic and can and should be implemented.

It is easy for us to be branded as "anti-poor" since the poor generally think of themselves as the underdog majority and us as people who do not concern ourselves with their plight when in fact, all we want is for everyone to not be inconvenienced by traffic.

I laud the charirman's initiatives and I wish him every success but I hope that his proposals would not inconvenience private vehicles so much as this would also affect business (deliveries and people going to meetings, doing transactions) and would therefore equate to loss of revenue too.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
MMDA Chairman Tolentino's "brilliant" Ideas to Solve Traffic Problem in MM