New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    just read sa newspaper, starting oct 1, 2009 the LTO will require all vehicles to get RFID (Radio Frequency Identification System) tagging of all legally-registered vehicles in the country. this tagging will enable LTO and other authorized government agencies (think PNP etc.) to monitor traffic patterns, sepate colurum PUB/PUJs , verify ownership of vehicles, etc. Each tag will contain the vehicle's data, including the owner's NAME, ADDRESS, etc.

they also said that this will help solve our traffic problems, like in other countries. as they track vehicles travel patterns.

will it really help? so yung mga PUV na laging sa no loading/ unloading zones nagsasakay eh ticket agad? since they can track every vehicle di ba. or is this another money making scheme nanaman.

umaangal na nga si Sen. Miraim na yung road user's tax hindi nila ma account for, ngayon eto naman RFID dagdag singil nanaman sa atin.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As usual, the government simply loves spending more and more tax payer's money.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    in my opinion, many will contest that policy because i think that it is an invasion to someone's right to privacy. since based on what you say, it will track your travel patterns. they will know if you usually go to the motels or beer-houses. you can easily be caught by your wife just by inquiring your travel patterns to the lto!hahaha.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would be for it but with a twist.

RFID tags limited to:
    Public utility vehicles.(jeepneys, bus, taxi, rental cars)
    Emergency vehicles (police, ambulance, firetrucks)
    All government vehicles
    Vehicles registered to politicians and immediate families.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    I even doubt if they already the chips, system and infrastructures needed

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yeah it's certainly an invasion the one's privacy.

I think they should implement it to PUBLIC vehicles first, especially those for transportation...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I would be for it but with a twist.

RFID tags limited to:
    Public utility vehicles.(jeepneys, bus, taxi, rental cars)
    Emergency vehicles (police, ambulance, firetrucks)
    All government vehicles
    Vehicles registered to politicians and immediate families.

+1. In this case, the public will know who are abusing especially on the government vehicles where sometimes they used it for "private" purpose.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    This identification system is invasive and potentially dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands :diablo:

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    a big NO NO for me.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    No info re: RFID on LTO website

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
LTO to implement RFID tags