New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    agree that this device can possibly be considered as a tool that can be used for the invasion of privacy... but.. we have to establish muna the technical capabilities of the RFID itself. hanggang gaano kahaba / lawak ba ang range ng RF signal nito? from what I read in the column, ang design is may mga handheld readers that would "read" the RFID just like a handheld scanner reads the bar code of the products you buy off the grocery / mall...

kung limited ang range, it has to be established exactly how long is that range... kapag sobrang lapit, it is quite useless for surveillance purposes...
    Taken from: http://www.rfidjournal.com/faq/18/69

[SIZE="4"]What is the read range for a typical RFID tag?[/SIZE]

There really is no such thing as a "typical" RFID tag, and the read range of passive tags depends on many factors: the frequency of operation, the power of the reader, interference from other RF devices and so on. In general, low-frequency tags are read from a foot (0.33 meter) or less. High-frequency tags are read from about three feet (1 meter) and UHF tags are read from 10 to 20 feet. Where longer ranges are needed, such as for tracking railway cars, active tags use batteries to boost read ranges to 300 feet (100 meters) or more.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    bro, this is the one that confuses me most... does it mean that privately owned vehicles are not included with the implementation?
    In the "law" all vehicles must have the RFID chip

mahal din ha? 350 petot per tag. another source of income to be used for the elections.... tamang tama ang timing sa implementation.
    Exactly, the timing is so suspiciously convenient for additional election funds

and if private owned vehicles are included in the implementation, pano yung mga vehicles na hindi pa na transfer of ownership? so yung previous owner pa din ang nakalagay?
    It would be possible that a new RFID tag would be issued to replace the old one if the vehicle is sold.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    hinde ko lang alam kung magkano naman ang babayaran. will start this coming October daw.

bakit ganun kung kailan malapit nanaman ang election eh meron nanaman project ang LTO. remember the road user's tax? ginamit lang sa election yun funds
    A fee of php350 for the RFID will be shouldered by us, motorists. As for the RUT, there will be a Senate investigation . . . May nagyayari ba sa mga imbestigasyon na yan sa Senado? As far as I know, magpapa-pogi na naman ang mga ito para sa upcoming 2010 election.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I concur with GH! Dapat sa PUVs, gov't vehicles, and emergency services lang ang RFID. Hindi pa ba sapat ang nararanasang harassment ng mga private motorists mula sa mga corrupt traffic enforcers/authorities, poor road/infrastrucutre conditions, at windshield-punas boys ?

A fee of php350 will be imposed for the chips. Dagdag pasanin uli ito. OK lang sana kung matino ang pamamalakad nila.

'Ganda talaga ng timing para next year. Isama mo na din yung balak i-increase sa 200% ang PAGIBIG fund collections. Nabuko na kasi pag gamit nila sa OWWA, GSIS, at PhilHealth funds nuong past election.
    Last edited by jjmd3_787; September 24th, 2009 at 07:45 AM. Reason: tao lang po ...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    gastos nanaman at abala
    dapat for puv's lang to track down such things like cholorum, etc

we did a thesis on this way 2003, proposed din sa dotc. di lang natuloy yun deal. i still have the prototype and programs with me.
    costly talaga dahel yun RFID inorder pa namin from U.S.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    According to a couple of LTO folks that I know, all motor vehicies, whether PUV or PV, would be required to install RFIDs on their winshields starting October 1. Sabi din nila, it should be placed where it would be "most visible" on the windshield. Cost is 300-350 pesos. Pero since hindi naman daw lahat makakabile agad, may grace period sila bago manghuli.

EDSA traveler here. Pardon my negativity but I can just imagine MMDA traffic personnel having a field day apprehending vehicles that do not have RFID attached. Good intentions from LTO perhaps but another possible source of kotong.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    i read somewhere that the silver plastic used to pack hard-discs are enough to block the signal

That's antistatic bag, bro....

Another fund raising campaign for we-know-who.....

Typically, on volume order, less than a dollar(<P48) ang isang unit nito.... That means P300 goes to the "infrastructure" ....

8701:soccer:
    Last edited by CVT; September 24th, 2009 at 08:16 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    Sabi din nila, it should be placed where it would be "most visible" on the windshield.
    RFID yan, kahet san pa nakalagay yan, they should be able to detect if one vehicle has it or not.

nothing against you sir, sa context lang ng sinasabi nila
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 24th, 2009 at 09:01 AM. Reason: corrected quoting

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    upon further thought of this issue... lalo ko naisip na the people who are proposing this scheme should really have a high level of service, or talagang dagdag kita lang talaga ito...

granted they get past beyond the opposition to the RFID tags and the RFID scanners, for this to work, kailangan reliable tama ang capability ng network kung saan dadaan ang data.... ji think it's highly impossible to put all the contents of the database into the scanners.. since on a daily basis may mga bagong registration... they have to put in in a central repository where it will be queried..

what will the network infrastructure be? ready na ba sila? eh dun lang sa LTO registration eh mukhang problematic na yung network backbone nila.... kung mababa ang level of service ng network sa LTO registration, would they use the same backbone / infrastructure for this RFID system? kung ganun... i think this is really a fast way to earn not just a buck...

but if I put it on the other side.. I will speculate that a big chunk of the price will go to the network infrastructure...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    We are told that validity is 10 years

Just maybe after a couple year this technology is already obsolete

Sweet talking from the people behind this

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
LTO to implement RFID tags