New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Renault Manto
    It's not like i'm that rich to buy another car just for that law.. So what's the next best thing, find exemptions.

Agree ako diyan sa yo bro.

As far as I'm concerned that UVVRP is anti middle class, It is easily circumvented by the rich who can afford to buy a new car or vanity plates, what happens to the middle class who can only afford 1 car and has to go to work, a wife that needs to be brought and fetch to her workplace, lest she falls prey to the scums of society (rapist, muggers etc), kids who shld be brought to school, lest they be kidnapped while waiting for a jeepney ride.

Kanya kanya na lang talagang diskarte, para makaiwas sa UVVRP.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    REDIESEL... EXATCLY!!! That's the story of my life!! with wife and kids and same sentiments!!

Maybe some who are well-off doesn't have to worry about our concerns.. but for some of us, that's how the cookie crumbles!!

We're just erring humans that would like to survive.

MazdaMod, I was referrin to DOTC having the right on it's own to decide what to approve or not an exemption without LTO's side of the story. Sample:

ALAY-LAKAD = exemption was given by a diff. agency (DILG) despite of the fact that LTO didn't exempt other plates (e.g. Pope John Paul, LTO Anniv Plate - hehehe kanila na ito ha!!, etc.). It wasn't questioned mainly because DILG is the police body of the goverment (all levels)

OFFICE SETTING = Our Finance manager denied the loan application of one of my staff. But he has to have the final approval of the VP for Finance. Anywho, the VP approved it despite of the endorsement of the Manager

***same banana lang pare.. besides i think the crimewatch plate is not for all.. limited lang. (para hindi siguro ma-jologs)

One thing though bout the LTO Vanity plates, does it exempts you pag ONE plate lang and sa LIKOD pa?!

FYI people
    plate type = 777 *** worth 15K
    plate type = SUPOT8 worth 10K
    plate type = TTTTTTT or 111111 worth 50K least price (pathetic, if i had that amount, konti na lang makabili na ako ng lumang sedan!!)

Sad but true, the roads are trecked mostly by us middle-class men & women. right REDIESEL

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thrice na rin ako nahuli dahil sa UVVRP noon kaya simula noon talagang inaagahan na lang namin ni misis ang pagpasok...late na rin kami umuuwi kapag araw ng coding....

buti na lang nga may window na ngayon...

ang pinaka bad trip dito eh sa Makati, San Juan at Mandaluyong eh walang window kaya pag may importante kang lakarin sa coding day eh no choice talaga kundi mag commute...

imho, UVVRP was created to improve the traffic situation and it is not meant to give any prejudices/unfairness to any group/classes of people...

*topic
    magtatanong lang ako...ano ano ba/alin ba talaga yung mga approved lto commemorative plates na may UVVRP exemption noon at ngayon?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    UVVRP? try what I am doing right now... go to work before 7AM... drive to other office between 10AM-3PM... and go home after 7PM... or just commute if you woke up late... i don't think that using a car is a key to survival unless you are a sales agent.

btw, the DOTC is not under the Office of the President but rather the Cabinet. only special agencies (created under a Republic Act) are under it like the PCSO, MMDA & CHED. only the DOTC Sec (and the President) can overule the LTO since the LTO USec directly reports to DOTC Sec.

btw, who's the one implementing the UVVRP scheme? isn't it the MMDA & various municipalities? only the MMDA & local municipalities can grant UVVRP exemptions since they are the ones implementing it. why should the DOTC or DILG give UVVVRP exemptions when they aren't even implementing it?

as to your example... yes the VP-Finance can overule the Finance Manager since they belong to the same department (e.g. this is the MMDA). but can the VP-Logistics (e.g. this is the DILG) overule the Finance Manager?

and also, for the 50 vanity plates that are UVVRP-exempt, the LTO has to secure the approval of the MMDA. this goes to show the autonomy and coordination of different governement offices. not all vanity plates are UVVRP-exempt.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Thanks MazdaMod.. Noted!!

Which brings me back to my question:

How ligit is this crimewatch plate?
    Among the list that you showed, which is/are the one/ones that are exempt.

And btw, yes.. i'm a sales agent. I hope i'm not at fault because of that. Posted before, i had to earn a living. I'm usually assigned at Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Bulacan and MM.. crappy thing about it is my office in the heart of Makati.

Just wanted to share my concerns hoping that you have the facts to help me with.

Btw, maybe the reason why the VP Logistics came into the picture is because the system of the VP Finance sucks (just a thought).

And regarding the MMDA granting exemptions, i think i read in one of the posts that the MMDA plates were not legit (talk about irony)!!

So, what's the real story ba talaga?

MMDA plates are a fluke (granting it was project of MMDA)

LTO Anniv plates are never exempt (kasi commemorative lang)

But ALAY-LAKAD (with endorsement by DILG) was recognized as exempted.

Just want to know!?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    among the list, none of them is UVVRP exempted (i just learned this recently). even LTO plates, since they didn't secure a UVVRP-exemption from the MMDA.

yes, the MMDA plates is not legit. I personally have one of those (though it was replaced by a KBP plate). the reason? it was not approved by the LTO (since they are the agency responsible for the resitry of land-based vehicles).

you also have to keep in mind that the manufacturers of these commemorative plates are sometimes the ones releasing and manufacturing these plates without the proper approvals (even of the organization that "owns" it like the MMDA / Crimewatch). as theveed mention, yes they can manufacture the said plates but they also have to warn the buyers that they shouldn't be used in lieu of their regular plates.

Alay-Lakad? AFAIK, it is not legit. The only thing from keeping traffic enforcers from aprehending motorists is the lack of knowledge (and the ningas cogon / flavor of the month system here of implemeting traffic rules). Even I just got this information recently.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    At any rate, thank you for all datas..

Will keep you posted guys if ever i get apprehended.

Thanks for all the info. You guys were a great help.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i was at Hahn Parksquare at lunch kanina and i saw that they are selling two commemorative plates namely:

a) PNP and
    b) De La Salle Alumni

sabi nung sales lady na kausap ko, valid daw yun up to December 2005. Cost is 2800.00.

based on the picture that bos david posted wala yung dalawang yun sa valid plates recognized by LTO. ano yun? bogus?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    happy_g: panakot lang yung mga plates na yun or pang porma. pwede mong gamitin pero di ka exempted sa traffic laws. pag may na-violate ka huli ka pa rin. so waste of money lang ng mga plates na yan but if you have the money to buy them then hindi naman masamang gamitin.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    the one i asked at Yakal Makati Ps.2,500 lang..

But i heard it was not authorized..

Mahal na peke pa..

Baka parang crimewatch ko hahahaha!!!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Illegal Commemorative Plates