New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by theveed
    (copied my reply from AI)

Technically di naman illegal ang ginagawa ng Hahn or anybody that sells Comm plates, for that matter),

I can sell Big Bert's plates if I want to, it's not illegal, but to use them or inform buyers to use them on cars as a replacement for front plates, that's illegal.

Yun ang point ng ILLEGAL USE OF COMMEMORATIVE PLATES... Having, selling or making them is not the issue, using them is.

Guys like Otep likes to collect plates, ibang usapan yun...

Parang using US / Jap / Euro plates din yan, di naman bawal magkaroon ng ganyan, or even place them sa car, basta di nya rineplace ang plaka na inissue ng LTO for your car.
    basta wag lang matatakpan yung front plate siguro. parang euro, our local plate over the euro plate.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow... ala sa list ung dilg patrol 117 ko... kaso expired na, kaya tinanggal ko muna... paparenew muna ko

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    To my shock, the crimewatch plates works. It does have its charms. I got salutes from makati and as if it were not obvious, some of the yellow MAPSA boys & MMDA blue boys were turning their heads away as I approach. Funny thing is, I really pass where they are "as in beside them" (so I would know for sure). Salutes were from cops, while MAPSA/MMDA were just shying away.

It made me feel that my Ps. 3,500 is worth it. It is authorized by LTO and it's head office DOTC. It comes with the ID of crimewatch, documents and sticker. It's valid till december next year. I was also informed that crimewatch stronghold is makati based, so it's more favourable to makati goers.

With me, I do need exemption plates coz I work on field and each day counts. Besides, i'm not hurting anyone by changing my plate.. nothing personal just business.

Well, I also got the DOTC plate (yet to be released?!) just to make things sure.

Thanks
    ;) ;)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    paano kumuha??? dati meron ako nung sa PNP pero expired na.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I got it from my Uncle who's part of the CRIMEWATCH. Actually he's from NBI Taft. But limited to 150 per region (as what they said).

Will ask if there are still stocks.

You do have to submit a resume and two 2X2 pics together with payment.

Will keep you posted. Better yet i'll give you his number.

Regarding PNP (& La Salle), i was informed that those were the plates that was questioned by DOTC because of relaes without any specific expiration. It's just news passed on to me by someone from LTO. I may be wrong.. any thoughts on this?!?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here is the list of valid commemorative plates approved by the LTO. crimewatch is not on the list. the fine for using an unauthorized plate is a hefty P5,000.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Correct me if i'm wrong my friend.. but isn't it Office of the President.. then Depatment of Trans & Comm (DOTC).. then one of the agency under it is LTO?

I guess if protocol is a concern, DOTC can superceed any regulations imposed by an agency under its wing.

Just a curious response.. no harm meant..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kinda off-topic...

but my understanding is that regulations imposed by the LTO is final - unless there is a new Administrative Order / Presidential Decree / Republic Act / etc that contradicts to that. in which case the LTO would have to come up with a new circular / guidelines / procedure that will supersede the old one.

would clarify this with my parents later this evening...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Please do..

I have my doubts too.. that's why i ordered one DOTC plates as well (playing safe baga). But after i tried, it looks OK to me. Just hope and pray i wont be fined.

Hirap talagang lumusot!! I just hope those agencies concerned come up with a final solution for this.

It's not like i'm that rich to buy another car just for that law.. So what's the next best thing, find exemptions.

Hirap talaga. If you can give clarity on this Mazdamazda, that would be great..

Thanks!

Regarding comm plates, just wanted to share to you guys: 2005 will be the last time they'll (GJB) issue one. Because will demand only your original plate or vanity plates for old vehicles.. and special / regular plates for newly purchased ones..

These plates are a minimum of 10K but lifetime... but sa likod lang.

Boy, they're really finding ways to earn huh!! But i think its a wiser move.. wala nang fixers & fake plates

FYI lang guys!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi ko gets pre kung ano ang connection nung DOTC superseding the LTO concerning the Crimewatch Plates... are you trying to suggest that the DOTC will repeal the UVVRP? or that they will approve the Crimewatch plates?

if you are trying to get UVVRP exemption, you can try buying those special vanity plates that are exempt from the UVVRP. bidding starts at P50,000.

AFAIK, for private vehicles - only emergency vehicles and official doctor-on-call vehicles are exempt from UVVRP.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Illegal Commemorative Plates