New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    SAN MIGUEL Corp. (SMC) is seeking to build an elevated expressway along Epifanio de los Santos Avenue (EDSA) as a direct alternative to the heavily congested 23-kilometer highway ...

(San Miguel looking to build an elevated expressway on EDSA | BusinessWorld)

Better than banning private vehicles from using EDSA, right? What's your take?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    sana one way na lang

southbound sa baba
    northbound sa taas

3. Join Date
    May 2018
    If you see what's happened to Araneta Ave, and dun sa South Super Highway na ginagawan ng mga expressway din sa taas nila, you'll just have to shake your head.

Sira-sira & full of potholes yung mga daan na ito because of the tracked heavy equipment they use on the unprotected road. Wheeled heavy equipment is gentler to road surfaces, but sa biigat nila, damaging pa rin. Factor in pa yung substandard contruction ng kalsada (siyempre, para may source of dirty money yung contractor pag gagagwin ulit)... and then there's the construction debris falling down on vehicles below kasi tinipid & butas-butas yung protective netting na gagamitin, and to top it all off, sobra pa lalo lalala traffic habang under construction ito.

Pero, baka building another "skyway" type highway above EDSA might be the only feasible solution to double the road capacity. I can't see any better ideas. Underground tunnels are probably way more expensive to build...

One more thing, magiging sobra nang dilim at ground level.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    My gosh. And how bad will the traffic get before that thing is finished? I shudder to think of Edsa becoming like Quirino, Araneta or A. Bonifacio. Probably even worse.

I think aside from trying to make more space in the metropolis, they should absorb more cities along NCR borders into Metro Manila. This way they would literally make more space in Metro Manila, encourage further development and investments, and disperse more of the people squeezing into Metro Manila because of the higher wage rates.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    According to the article elevated steel highway ang plano ilagay so mas mabilis ang construction, pero kailangan pa rin mga columns so may abala pa rin ito. Dapat i-expedite muna ni SMC ang completion ng Skyway Stage 3, ioperate na yan para may konting ginhawa na.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hmm i'm still for better/efficient public transport. trains/subways and point to point bus services. pag more roads, you just encourage more people to drive. mabilis nga sa double-level edsa pero dahil mas mabilis daloy, mas tatraffic naman sa exits. although i rarely pass slex, the few times I do, matraffic pa rin kahit may skyway.

pero ano kaya gagawin nila sa mga flyovers? go higher o gigibain na lang?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    may kasama daw BRT yun itatayo na skyway sa edsa. tapos may mrt pa tapos may subway pa. so 3 train system plying sa edsa, it should really decongest and mas maging ok ang daily commute. kaso ang problema sa pinas pag may bago na yun luma nakakalimutan na.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That is the only way. In fact why double level only? Make it 3 levels, or 4. Set the foundations to be able to handle the additional levels that can be added later on. And adapt modern construction methods. Prefab lahat tapos patong na lang ng patong.

Takot sa traffic while under construction? Tiis ganda. Wala naman asenso kung di magsasakripisyo.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    That is the only way. In fact why double level only? Make it 3 levels, or 4. Set the foundations to be able to handle the additional levels that can be added later on. And adapt modern construction methods. Prefab lahat tapos patong na lang ng patong.

Takot sa traffic while under construction? Tiis ganda. Wala naman asenso kung di magsasakripisyo.
    tapos pag papark nasa megamall bldg A, fafa yebs, diresto na sa level 4 kagad, cinema.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    tapos pag papark nasa megamall bldg A, fafa yebs, diresto na sa level 4 kagad, cinema.
    There you go! Buildings with parking entrances at the 4th level, less traffic at ground.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast