New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I wonder if the locally made Innova is also exported to Myanmar, Vietnam and Cambodia.
    as far as i know TMP does not export vehicles.. maybe they exported Innova already in those countries. possibly they can export in LHD countries you mentioned as well as in the Middle eastern countries they have an Innova as well.

usually the production hub for export Innovas was Indonesia and India. Even the PHDM Innova has been made temporarily in Indonesia last year.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

just been from the local toyoda stealership... seems like a decent car. definitely not a raised wigo.

definitely not as tall as ecosport i.e. my 5'11" self could carwash the entire roof w/o needing to step on a stool or something.

engine bay is very maluwag as shown

as expected, very lightweight doors. thin chassis rails so you can't load anything heavy if you decide to mount a tow hitch
    Napansin ko lang sa engine bay, walang cover yung bottom as you can see in the pic, kita na yung floor.
    Hindi ba delikado yan sa baha?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    That rumor is impossible.
    Vios sales is very strong. Same with the Innova.

Hopefully they will expand production lines at Santa rosa in the future. They might consider Fortuner to assemble here or bring back the Corolla Altis and Hilux production at Sta. Rosa plant.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    eto yata yung article [url=https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/08/21/14/why-japanese-carmakers-are-threatening-leave-philippines[/url]

https://investvine.com/toyota-mitsub...e-philippines/

buti pa sa thailand na parang kapareho lang ng pinas eh dami ginagawa sasakyan dun, baket kaya? siguro may pag galang sila sa bansa nila???

na aalala ninyo dati yung DTI import BOND sa pag bili ng kotse? dun lang tayo na gising na halos lahat pala imported at ilan lang ang locally made, pero anu nang yari, panay bili pa din ng imported kahit may cost of BOND pa...
    Last edited by jresperanza; February 9th, 2022 at 12:17 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    They might consider Fortuner to assemble here or bring back the Corolla Altis and Hilux production at Sta. Rosa plant.
    They prefer to manufacture high-volume vehicles here which are basically fleet-favorites and commercial vehicles. Manufacturing here isn't cheap because of the expensive electricity when compared to our neighboring countries.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    who wants to maintain a manufacting facility here?

sakit sa ulo mula gobyerno hanggang labor

mag import nalang less headache

warehouse lang, konti empleyado

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Napansin ko lang sa engine bay, walang cover yung bottom as you can see in the pic, kita na yung floor.
    cover is for aerodynamics afaik. i've had cars with cover and without. other than aero... seems like there's no difference

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by jresperanza View Post
    eto yata yung article [url=https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/08/21/14/why-japanese-carmakers-are-threatening-leave-philippines[/url]

https://investvine.com/toyota-mitsub...e-philippines/

buti pa sa thailand na parang kapareho lang ng pinas eh dami ginagawa sasakyan dun, baket kaya? siguro may pag galang sila sa bansa nila???

na aalala ninyo dati yung DTI import BOND sa pag bili ng kotse? dun lang tayo na gising na halos lahat pala imported at ilan lang ang locally made, pero anu nang yari, panay bili pa din ng imported kahit may cost of BOND pa...
    They have respect in local auto industry.. pero here.. its a different story.

The import bonds were short lived by the way. This is supposed to limit buyers buying import built vehicles but this is not a very good solution.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Most subcompact cars/crossovers SUVs have no engine undertray cover.

The engine undertray cover is used mainly for aerodynamics, not to seal the bottom of the engine compartment.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If in the market for this one I'd wait for the release of the Yaris Cross. Looks like it might be better.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    visited casa.
    dami potential costumers. probably because of the new raize?
    there were five raizes on display and only one other car, a camry.
    i let myself in and out of the raizes.

comments:
    medyo mataas and doors are not comfortably big. not for the en-gowned, PWD, or vertically-challenged folks.
    my right leg is uncomfortable against the bulging hard plastic center console. lagyan siguro ng basahan to soften the blows.
    E has no driver seat height adjustment. G has.
    manibela tilts only. no telescope.
    unlike the innova, the floor is not the same height as the running board. there's a drop of about 4 inches, like in many sedans. medyo uncomfortable getting in and out of.
    rear hatch opener seems electric trigger and not mechanical trigger. (am i wrong?)
    glove compartment seems small.

all in all, "i am not enthralled."
    mas bagay siguro sakin ang avanza...