New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1484 of 1538 FirstFirst ... 13841434147414801481148214831484148514861487148814941534 ... LastLast
Results 14,831 to 14,840 of 15373
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    pero may minor leak kahit same thread naman
    Magka-iba gasket diameter at placement nila. It obviously means the gasket is not sitting properly because of the incompatible mount. If so, the gasket can shift anytime due to oil pressure which can bring about a bigger oil leak. All that filtration with no oil....

Better use the correct one.
    Last edited by oj88; November 4th, 2021 at 12:33 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    di ko na sinubukan ulit with another B2 for the NP300, baka bad oil filter lang. the tancha-meter says it could fit nakapag 3000km din before naging visible leak.

compared the BT223 which i use for a few years already with the B2 and match naman ang gasket. hinataw ko din after the oil change lol.

just found a similar post:

Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Just a tip for Innova, Fortuner, Hilux with non-VGT 2KD-FTV (no hoodscoop on bonnet) only. 1KD-FTV, i have not seen nor tried yet.

Its possible to fit a bigger oil filter (ie. B2, LF3487, etc..). I asked the mechanic to try this. It fits or shoots right in. But you might have a hard time removing the filter later on your next oil change bec. there is little, to no wiggle room to maneuver. Of course take note he uses a chain to remove filter so that requires wiggle room. But if you have other method of removing the filter then using a bigger filter is possible.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Was able to get a pic of my OBD. On average, I get up to the Innova's operating temp within 10 minutes if I am able to drive it normally as soon as I start it. In this trip, I got stuck on a 3-minute stop light before I got into the hiway.

However, if I just start the car without moving it. Takes at least 20mins or even more to get up to its operating temp. In my case, it's between 82 C and 92 C.

coolant-temp.jpg

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I think wala namang problema kahit wala pa sa operating temp tapos aalis ka na, importante dyan wag lang siguro i rev ng mataas...

nakasanayan ko:

start
    open windows (half open)
    on blower/fan
    idle mga 2 to 3 mins, silip silip around car lalo na tires
    tapos alis nako..
    onthe way bago makalabas ng gate ng subd (mga 500m) close ko na yung windows then on ng aircon ..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    image-1.jpgimage-3.jpgimage-2.jpg

Mga sirs, what causes this oil leak? San po nanggaling?

It's our 2014 Innova 2.5G. Nasa province cia ngayon hawak ng brother ko. He seems neglected to open the hood and check the engine some time. Kahapon lang nya binuksan and nakita to.

ODO is about to reach 160k kms.

TIA

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Chavez View Post
    I think wala namang problema kahit wala pa sa operating temp tapos aalis ka na, importante dyan wag lang siguro i rev ng mataas...

nakasanayan ko:

start
    open windows (half open)
    on blower/fan
    tapos alis nako..
    onthe way bago makalabas ng gate ng subd (mga 500m) close ko na yung windows then on ng aircon ..
    nasasayangan ako sa 2-3 minutes of idling, without covering distance.
    parang nasa intersection, idling on the red light.
    i drive off, a few seconds after engine start.
    my opinion.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Chavez View Post

nakasanayan ko:

start
    open windows (half open)
    on blower/fan
    tapos alis nako..
    kung may idiot light, wait until the blue temp light disappears..

kung may temp gauge, once it starts to move, pwede na..

sa gas engine kasi minsan naka high rev pa yan which is not good lalo na kung naka AT ka..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vann-O View Post

It's our 2014 Innova 2.5G. Nasa province cia ngayon hawak ng brother ko. He seems neglected to open the hood and check the engine some time. Kahapon lang nya binuksan and nakita to.

TIA
    galing yan dun sa crank case vent hose.. its normal just wipe it clean..

nothing to worry.. normal yan sa diesel engine.. lalo na medyo malayo na natakbo

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vann-O View Post

TIA
    out of curiosity, i went down just now, to look at mine.
    yikes! they're in worse condition your yours!
    i slex on a regular basis.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 5th, 2021 at 10:53 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    galing yan dun sa crank case vent hose.. its normal just wipe it clean..

nothing to worry.. normal yan sa diesel engine.. lalo na medyo malayo na natakbo
    Oh, really! What a relief

So, no need to open anything, sir? Inutusan ko kasi dalhin nya sa mekaniko for diagnosis.

Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 3]