New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1485 of 1533 FirstFirst ... 1385143514751481148214831484148514861487148814891495 ... LastLast
Results 14,841 to 14,850 of 15330
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    out of curiosity, i went down just now, to look at mine.
    yikes! they're in worse condition your yours!
    i slex on a regular basis.
    heh heh.
    Haha just wipe it clean daw doc. Ok kaya gamitin sa part na yan ung degreaser?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vann-O View Post
    punasan ko muna siguro ng paper towels from the kitchen, while wearing nitrile gloves.
    hassle magka-grasa sa kamay.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yup.. water based degreaser or brake cleaner will do.. pwede mo naman un clip yung circ-clip to remove the hose..

nag papawis talaga ng oil yan dyan.. mas malakas pag naka turbo..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Oh, really! What a relief

So, no need to open anything, sir? Inutusan ko kasi dalhin nya sa mekaniko for diagnosis.
    yes sir.. no need.. gawa lang yan ng malakas kasi ikot ng hangin dyan gawa ng turbo..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    nasasayangan ako sa 2-3 minutes of idling, without covering distance.
    parang nasa intersection, idling on the red light.
    i drive off, a few seconds after engine start.
    my opinion.
    yes sir but while idling nag checheck lang ako muna ng car bago umalis..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Chavez View Post
    yes sir but while idling nag checheck lang ako muna ng car bago umalis..
    nit-picking,
    i can do the walk-around check, with the engine off.

kanya-kanyang style tayo.

just sharing my thoughts.

also,
    i have learned not to start the engine, without my sitting on the driver seat, with left foot stepping on the clutch pedal (if present).
    hard lesson from long ago.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 5th, 2021 at 01:32 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yeah, the crankcase vent tube pretty much becomes moist with oil over time. Road dirt and airborne dust sticks to it and eventually becomes a grease-like crud.

It won't cause any damage and is only superficial. You can spray it with engine degreaser occasionally to keep the build-up at bay.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    As mostly everyone said, oil on that part is normal. Na didiscover lng yan when you're not regularly cleaning the engine bay Otherwise, di aabot sa ganyang state if palagi naman napupunasan. But still nothing to worry about.

Re startup ritual, I only fire the car when I know I will drive off na. But I give it some time for temp to go up by driving normally before speeding.

I also try to make everyone get inside the car around the same time. I hate my ma-in-law's ritual where she gets into the car, start it, blast the AC, and then wait for us inside the car while me or everybody else is still trying to decide what clothes to wear. Daym!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Yeah, the crankcase vent tube pretty much becomes moist with oil over time. Road dirt and airborne dust sticks to it and eventually becomes a grease-like crud.

It won't cause any damage and is only superficial. You can spray it with engine degreaser occasionally to keep the build-up at bay.
    Good to know wala pala ako dapat ipag-alala. Thank you and the rest who shared their wisdoms

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ahoy!
    i have question.
    my 2005 innova diesel timing belt warning light flickers for a minute or so, upon starting the engine from cold.
    then it disappears.
    i had my timing belt replaced about a couple of thousand km ago, at the casa.
    what does the flickering mean?

Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 3]