New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 40 of 203 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Merry Christmas to everyone...

FYI lang I've just been on a trip from UAE, Saudi and currently I'm in Egypt and guess what???
    I can see D4Ds all around...
    So does this mean it could be a worldwide problem???
    Not sure if Toyota could really be this dumb to produce such an engine...
    What do you think???

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tevs000
    We are about to trade our 02 Revo GLX diesel for an Innova E model to Toyota Manila Bay when I saw this ad on "Buy & Sell" mag about an Innova G A/T 5-2005 (D4D) for only 750k. We checked the unit yesterday and it was really nice! Dark mist color all stock and it has 12k on the odo. Just wondering why sell a very nice car for 300k less?? Told me he wants to upgrade. Did beleive him till I read your threads. And to think we were supposed to give a down payment today! Tsk3x Better stick to our good ol Revo 2L instead.
    750k lang mura yan bro

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    We are about to trade our 02 Revo GLX diesel for an Innova E model to Toyota Manila Bay when I saw this ad on "Buy & Sell" mag about an Innova G A/T 5-2005 (D4D) for only 750k. We checked the unit yesterday and it was really nice! Dark mist color all stock and it has 12k on the odo. Just wondering why sell a very nice car for 300k less?? Told me he wants to upgrade. Did beleive him till I read your threads. And to think we were supposed to give a down payment today! Tsk3x Better stick to our good ol Revo 2L instead.
    Look for an Innova gas variant instead.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram 001

FYI lang I've just been on a trip from UAE, Saudi and currently I'm in Egypt and guess what???
    What do you think???
    Go back and read page#8 of this thread and you'll read postings by Mazdamazda and Larshell regarding Toyota's D4D problems occuring in abroad also.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Where can i find this 750k Innova G A/T D4d? Can you PM me?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I'll ask the guy if he's had any stalling problems with his Innova. I'll update you guys on his reply (if he's honest enuf to tell the truth)
    hi! i suggest you get the innova gas variant. i was supposed to get the 2.5 d4d fortuner. thanks for the inputs and suggestions from our fellow tsikoteers i ended up with the 2.7 vvti variant, no problems whatsoever

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram 001

What do you think???
    That is precisely what I am saying, there must be hundreds of thousand of D4D engines all over the world ( in the Philippines ,approx. 15,000, see tsikot cartalk) and yet if you follow this thread you are led to believe that the D4D engine is unreliable and prone to failure.
    Surely, if that is true, there must be a hundreds of articles already regarding this matter and considering that Toyota has trumpeted the IMV project, any kind of flaw must be automotive news already! Unless of course there is a worldwide cover-up by Toyota as the "conspiracy buffs" in this thread believe.

I really think this is just a desperate ploy by the competitors to create a "scare" since they don't have any product to pit against the IMV Toyotas.

I own a D4D Innova with 12,000+ km. and still very satisfied with the car especially with the 9.5-10 km/liter stop and go city driving consumption.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    It is really insulting for you to suggest that people posting here are just merely posers who are engaging Toyota in a black propaganda war on behalf of the competition. Why dont you personally talk with Innova owners facing the problem and see for yourself that there is indeed a problem.

So what If there are so many D4-D engine around the world with no problems? It is fallacious to assume just because those engines are well now does not mean they would not break down some time in the future or those owners are just very fortunate enough to have an engine that does not break down on them. The conditions abroad and the Philippines are different. Unforseen problems/complications do happen even to big companies.

I'am really curious do you work for Toyota or do you belong to their lobbying group? Based on your previous posts, you demonstrated that you dont have a shed of objectivity in you by defending Toyota all the way come whatever the evidence maybe whether its positive or negative.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    siguro ako taga Mazda... sisiraan ko ang Innova dahil walang AUV ang Mazda! :bwahaha:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ako taga- Isuzu... di maka-bili ng Fortuner at Hi-Lux.

Toyota D4D engine woes