New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 144 of 203 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by albert99 View Post
    ...for the sake of argument, how will we convince those non-d4d fanatics that our d4d is better than anyone's engine/system when we ourselves have troubles and tons of problems with our d4ds? mmmm....
    Wait a minute. Just because a person is hesitant to buy or recommend a D-4D vehicle, he automatically gets labelled as a fanatic? Also, why should there even be a need to convince other people that the D-4D is better than anything else currently on the streets?

Toyota is like any other company --it is run by people who, although they are highly-skilled at what they do-- can and do make mistakes. This thread is the natural offshoot of one such error by the company; it is a means of helping persons become more aware of a problem that may affect their vehicle and thus give them time to prepare for it. However, elsewhere on this forum there are other threads where other posters speak well of the Innova and other Toyota vehicles. Potential buyers can read all of these threads, they can ask questions in them, and in so doing, hopefully they will be making a better, more informed choice of where to invest their hard-earned money.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ngayon lang ako napasyal dito ah....was wondering why it hit 72 pages...

now i know :hihihi:

3. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177
    Wait a minute. Just because a person is hesitant to buy or recommend a D-4D vehicle, he automatically gets labelled as a fanatic?
    Maybe he considers himself a D4D fanatic.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey177
    Also, why should there even be a need to convince other people that the D-4D is better than anything else currently on the streets?
    Honga, it's the same way with your wife/girlfriend. You don't have to convince that she's prettier, smarter, kinder, etc. than the other women around basta you love her, period.

OT na ko...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    In the first place, D-4D is NOT better than any CRDi out there. Mas ok pa yung sa Isuzu Alterra, wala pa akong nabalitaan na nag-choke nor stall na Alterra. hehehehe.

But the best CRDi is one by Bosch CRDi + BorgWarner VGT (i.e. BMW). It's the engineering breakthrough that fused efficiency and power. Denso sucks compared to it. hehehe.
    Last edited by Horsepower; December 7th, 2006 at 03:37 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by albert99 View Post
    let us not magnify those minute defects of the d4d...kasi iba ang effect or impact nito sa mga non-d4d owners (or walang kotse pero may alam)...everytime na dumadaan ang pogi nating innova or fortuner at nakikita ng mga iba dyan...ay lalaitin units natin...imagine when i was having a scratch on my bumper repainted, the pintor commented that the isuzu diesel engine is far better than what i had under the hood of my innova!
    it seems to me that Mr.Albert is a loyalist or shall i say a fanboy of Toyota
    Well don't worry sir, whatever happen to the d4d Toyota will soon overtake General Motors and will become the Next "World's Biggest Automaker"
    So Cheer up!!!!

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    beebs, Did my sharing of D4d problems makes you decide to buy gasoline engine instead of Diesel? Nagsisi ka na ba dahil Gasoline engine binili instead of Diesel?
    I want your answer to be Gospel truth pls.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    . . . .
    But the best CRDi is one by Bosch CRDi + BorgWarner VGT (i.e. BMW). It's the engineering breakthrough that fused efficiency and power. Denso sucks compared to it. hehehe.
    Yes to that! Imagine the Kia/Hyundai 2.5-liter CRDI engine (Sorrento/Starex) using BOSCH CRDI - with a regular turbo non-VGT, the output is only 142~145PS, but when mated to the Borg-Warner BV43 Variable Geometry Turbocharger - the output is 170PS!

(BTW PS means "PfederStarke" a german word equivalent for horsepower')

And what does my 2.5 D4D Innova have - a Toyota + Denso CRDI + VNT with an output of a measly 102PS. The 2.5 WL-T in my Everest can even deliver 117PS and it's not even CRDI.

I just got the Innova as the school bus of my kiddos and general utility vehicle for my households use.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Maybe there's a separate BorgWarner VGT kit that'll fit a D-4D. I wonder how much power it'll add :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys... medyo :offtopic: na.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sorry po....

Toyota D4D engine woes